Charlie Youngs resigning

Charlie Youngs resigning

Posted in the Killeen Forum

iluvit73

Copperas Cove, TX

#1 Jul 2, 2012
Consideration and action on accepting the letter of resignation from Council Member Place 2, Charlie Youngs, effective July 10, 2012. John Hull, Mayor

BACKGROUND/HISTORY
On June 2, 2009 Judge Bill Price administered the oath of office to Council Member Charlie Youngs. Mr. Youngs has served on the Copperas Cove City Council since that date.
FINDINGS/CURRENT ACTIVITY

On June 29, 2012, Council Member Charlie Youngs submitted a letter to the Mayor and Council resigning from the Copperas Cove City Council effective July 10, 2012.

ACTION OPTIONS/RECOMMENDATION

City staff recommends the Council take action on the item.
iluvit73

Copperas Cove, TX

#2 Jul 2, 2012
Well this is a response I got from Charlie Young about the truth about Jim Schmitz.

charlie youngs wrote:
Who gives a crap about what you thank?
Get off your butt, run for council, then stand up and make changes.
Other wise shut the hell up.
Charlei Youngs

Good thing he is resigning.
charlie youngs

Belton, TX

#3 Jul 2, 2012
And if you got the balls to run for council then do so.

Other wise I guess the only thing we can here from lluvit73 is some weak, weak comments on this blog.

Get off your ass man and run for Council.

I am so tired of of having people like you posting comments like this and not having the balls to stand up and be counted for.

Get off your ass, run for Council and try to make change in your town for the better.

Other wise just sit back and shut up, We don't need people like you in our community with no guts.

You know what my last comment is?

FU

Charlie Youngs, still a City Councilman until 10 July 2012.

You don't like that? Then FU.
Kenn Smith

Waco, TX

#4 Jul 2, 2012
iluvit73 wrote:
Well this is a response I got from Charlie Young about the truth about Jim Schmitz.
charlie youngs wrote:
Who gives a crap about what you thank?
Get off your butt, run for council, then stand up and make changes.
Other wise shut the hell up.
Charlei Youngs
Good thing he is resigning.
You can't really believe that the posts are from the real Charlie Youngs, can you. Some deficient idiot is spoofing him.
in the know 7

Killeen, TX

#5 Jul 2, 2012
Mr. Smith,
I second your post. Mr. Youngs is a very professional person.
Retired 1SG

Copperas Cove, TX

#7 Jul 2, 2012
I'd bet a year's paychecks that is not Charlie Youngs who responded to those posts.
I know Charlie - he is a professional and treats people with respect.
charlie youngs

Belton, TX

#8 Jul 2, 2012
Retired 1SG

Thank you and God Bless.

You have been around the block more then a few times and you know some one is always out there trying to sharp shoot you.

Not a problem - people say what they got to say.

My last post.

Take care

Charlie
Emily H

United States

#9 Jul 2, 2012
I have heard that ilivit73 is a female employee at the EDC.
iluvit73

Waco, TX

#10 Jul 3, 2012
charlie youngs wrote:
And if you got the balls to run for council then do so.
Other wise I guess the only thing we can here from lluvit73 is some weak, weak comments on this blog.
Get off your ass man and run for Council.
I am so tired of of having people like you posting comments like this and not having the balls to stand up and be counted for.
Get off your ass, run for Council and try to make change in your town for the better.
Other wise just sit back and shut up, We don't need people like you in our community with no guts.
You know what my last comment is?
FU
Charlie Youngs, still a City Councilman until 10 July 2012.
You don't like that? Then FU.
Evidently you can't read what I wrote about working all the time and not being able to run for council. Also I am a home owner in this town and pay my taxes so if I got something to say about the city council I will use my God given voice and say something about the people who represent me.
iluvit73

Waco, TX

#11 Jul 3, 2012
Kenn Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't really believe that the posts are from the real Charlie Youngs, can you. Some deficient idiot is spoofing him.
So am I suppose to believe your post is from the real Kenn Smith?
iluvit73

Waco, TX

#12 Jul 3, 2012
Very sorry to hear about Mr. Youngs wife. I know what he is going through since I lost my father to a brain tumor. That's why I am part of a Scott and White research study on cancer. I HATE CANCER!!!!!!!!!!
BillThomas

Waco, TX

#13 Jul 3, 2012
It is common knowledge that Charlie Youngs and I have consistantly differed on local political issues. As recently as three days ago we had a personal conversation regarding our differences as to his use of his "Council Position" in an endorsement of a political candidate. While I have on numerous occasions questioned Charlie's judgment I should like to go on record as to my personal admiration for his devoted service to our city. I believe him to be a patriot and his efforts on behalf of our community have been for the most part of a positive nature and always motivated by his devotion to our city.
charlie youngs

Belton, TX

#14 Jul 3, 2012
iluvit73 wrote:
Very sorry to hear about Mr. Youngs wife. I know what he is going through since I lost my father to a brain tumor. That's why I am part of a Scott and White research study on cancer. I HATE CANCER!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry for the loss of your father.

It is a Beast.

Charlie
BillThomas

Waco, TX

#15 Jul 3, 2012
Kenn Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Political friend or foe there is no question that you are absolutely correct Kenn. Even those of us who have ardently opposed Chariie poltically know that he has a great deal more class than this fake.
BillThomas

Waco, TX

#16 Jul 3, 2012
iluvit73 wrote:
Indeed sir. During our conversation last week while we differed on the issue we talked about Charlie and I exchanged our heart felt concerns regarding Mrs Youngs and my Georgia. As many of you know my lady has had two major strokes in the last three years and after the second one requires round the clock attention. She is still and will always be the light of my life but her condidition required that we basically withdraw from the world for the last two years. Charlie's hearfelt understanding and concern for my lady was a blessing to me and he of course has both my understanding and prayers regarding his bride.
BillThomas

Waco, TX

#17 Jul 3, 2012
Retired 1SG wrote:
I'd bet a year's paychecks that is not Charlie Youngs who responded to those posts.
Top you know darned well Charlie is did not post the garrbage that he is falsely credited with here. The problem with a blog is that cowards under the cover of being nameless can find false courage. Your political foe and personal fan.
Bill
charlie youngs

Belton, TX

#18 Jul 3, 2012
Folks - let it rest.

I am sure Mr. Thomas's wife's health problems has brought him much pain just as my wife's health problems have brought me much pain.

We both have remorse.

But lets let the blog rest OK. There is a time when you check out of the net.

Lets move forward.

God bles to all.

Last post.

Charlie Youngs
strider

United States

#19 Apr 1, 2013
Retired 1SG wrote:
you lost your years paycheck. I know Charlie and this sounds exactly like him. He has no problem with tell you to go "F" Yourself.
Retired 1SG

Waco, TX

#20 Apr 3, 2013
B.S.
I know Charlie, Bill Thomas and Kenn Smith.
Seems the only one in doubt is you and iluvit73, which I do not understand. Usually he/she makes a lot of sense when posting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Killeen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
deane electric 8 hr yardbird 1
News Court Martial Held At Fort Hood For Sergeant Da... (May '07) Apr 28 Rusty 58
Fort Hood Motor Pool (Jul '12) Apr 28 Michael Biondo 5
Please sign the petition to get alcohol on the ... Apr 26 Billy 3
Toddler Drowns in Backyard Pool (May '09) Apr 26 Your friend Jacob 20
Review: Young Libersky & Holbrook (May '11) Apr 25 TLane 6
Black Meg 43 (Aug '10) Apr 23 Artful Dodger 142
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Killeen Mortgages