raymond dale litchfield

Posted in the Killeen Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
CWL

Cleburne, TX

#1 Feb 9, 2011
Why is this murder from january 1999 not been solved???????
wobbley

Killeen, TX

#2 Feb 9, 2011
I knew Ray and wonder the same thing. Someone needs to be brought to justice for this murder.
CWL

United States

#3 Feb 9, 2011
Yea 12 yrs has passed now, im sure somebody out there know's something just a matter of time.
in the know

Killeen, TX

#4 Feb 9, 2011
I will tell you exactly why major crimes in C Cove were not investigated properly in the 1990's. Simple "budget restraints". At that time in history Cove was in a depression. Cove was unable to pay bills on time. In a cost cutting effort certain investigative positions were not replaced leaving too few investigators at our CCPD and no monies to work with. There were several crimes that were poorly investigated not due to the investigator's wishes but the lack of money for DNA testing, better investigation equipment,ect.... It was very frustrating for some of us. Another poorly investigated crime was the murder of a women who's body was stuffed in a car and then set on fire. I truely feel if we could re-live those cases with less limited resources we would have been more successful procecuting the guilty parties. Ray was a funny guy who had a temper, I do miss him.
CWL

United States

#5 Feb 9, 2011
I apprecciate your point and do not disagree but uneducated local law is to blame it was 1999 not that long ago, far as forensics matters but i do appreciate your input
Faye

Belton, TX

#6 Feb 9, 2011
Raymond is my brother and I miss him dearly. It is a shame that twelve years have gone by and no one has been charged with his murder.
Faye

Belton, TX

#7 Feb 9, 2011
wobbley wrote:
I knew Ray and wonder the same thing. Someone needs to be brought to justice for this murder.
Did you know Raymond for a long time? He is my younger brother.
in the know

Killeen, TX

#8 Feb 9, 2011
Facts are facts . Money was a BIG factor.
wobbley

Killeen, TX

#9 Feb 9, 2011
Faye wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know Raymond for a long time? He is my younger brother.
I knew Ray because I worked construction many years ago. After work, on most days, I would see him at Cook's Mini Mart where he went for coffee.
Faye

Belton, TX

#10 Feb 9, 2011
in the know wrote:
I will tell you exactly why major crimes in C Cove were not investigated properly in the 1990's. Simple "budget restraints". At that time in history Cove was in a depression. Cove was unable to pay bills on time. In a cost cutting effort certain investigative positions were not replaced leaving too few investigators at our CCPD and no monies to work with. There were several crimes that were poorly investigated not due to the investigator's wishes but the lack of money for DNA testing, better investigation equipment,ect.... It was very frustrating for some of us. Another poorly investigated crime was the murder of a women who's body was stuffed in a car and then set on fire. I truely feel if we could re-live those cases with less limited resources we would have been more successful procecuting the guilty parties. Ray was a funny guy who had a temper, I do miss him.
Just for your information, Raymond was murdered in Coryell County, not in the city limits of Copperas Cove. The Coryell County Sheriff and the Texas Rangers investigated the murder (right next to my Mother's home).
Retired 1SG

Waco, TX

#11 Feb 10, 2011
Thanks Faye. I was going to say I remember both of these crimes and neither was done within Cove city limits. Quit pointing fingers at the Cove PD. The Coryell County Sheriff is the agency which should be solving these two crimes.
harold

Houston, TX

#12 Feb 10, 2011
i think the suspect in this case was found not guilty after a trial.
in the know wrote:
Ian Noome

Temple, TX

#13 Feb 10, 2011
An arrest wsa made in the case where the lady was found burned in the car. There was a trial and the defendant was found not guilty.
CWL

Whitney, TX

#14 Feb 11, 2011
?
Just so you know

Clyde, TX

#15 Feb 14, 2011
the case with the "woman in the car" was not a woman it was a man if your referring to the case from 2004. And YES there is a suspect, just not enough evidence to pursue prosecution. Just so you know.
CWL

Cleburne, TX

#16 Feb 16, 2011
?
just me 7

Killeen, TX

#17 Feb 18, 2011
Way off!
Just so you know wrote:
the case with the "woman in the car" was not a woman it was a man if your referring to the case from 2004. And YES there is a suspect, just not enough evidence to pursue prosecution. Just so you know.
cwl

Grapeland, TX

#18 Nov 11, 2011
???
iluvit73

Killeen, TX

#19 Nov 11, 2011
I remember Ray. He used to come to the American Legion and play dominoes. He was a nice guy.
iluvit73

Killeen, TX

#20 Nov 11, 2011
It's a shame his murder has not been solved, but justice will be served up in heaven. God Bless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Killeen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Learning center for toddler Thu Parent of a toddler 1
News Rumsfeld: Obama made right move on bin Laden raid (May '11) Jun 26 Never Forget 20
Copperas Cove Texas Code Enforcement (Aug '10) Jun 22 ItIsWhatItIs 36
Looking for tiny male dachshund to breed with m... Jun 16 Orscrubtech 2
Muslim Control you, stupid American Beasts, All... Jun 15 Major Nadal Hassan 3
News Gay student disciplined for wearing pro-LGBT sh... Jun 14 Major Nadal Hassan 26
Review: Assembly Of Prayer Christian Church (Sep '12) Jun 13 Whit 111

Killeen Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Killeen Mortgages