First Prev
of 3
Next Last
kill devil luvr

Kitchener, Canada

#1 Jan 21, 2009
The Coastal Cactus was very good and it is too bad it is gone. It must be very hard to make it with such competition.

I bet there will be lots more closed down by summer with this economy.
kitty hawker

AOL

#2 Jan 21, 2009
I think so too! our economy is just awful
kill devil luvr

Kitchener, Canada

#3 Jan 21, 2009
Yea things North of the Border are terrible too. Automotive is being hit really hard and places closing all around due to the domino effect.
Very scarey!
the coastal cactus

Clayton, NC

#4 Jan 21, 2009
they didn't get shut down because of the economy or competition. The people who bought it a few years ago didn't think uncle sam was for real and didn't pay thier taxes.. guess what.. uncle sam exists and coastal doesn't. I always thought they were awesome till the new people took over.. then they sucked. The place that is there now is good tho...
Village

Holly Springs, NC

#5 Jan 21, 2009
I have to agree..the original owners of the cactus had it going on they need to get back and open another restaurant THEY ROCKED!! The people who bought it ran it into the ground
SSres

Franklinton, NC

#6 Jan 21, 2009
they had the best tacos in obx
breezy

White Oak, NC

#7 Jan 27, 2009
Does anyone know where the bartender, Jeremy, went after they closed?
KDH Local

Henderson, NC

#8 Jan 27, 2009
the coastal cactus wrote:
they didn't get shut down because of the economy or competition. The people who bought it a few years ago didn't think uncle sam was for real and didn't pay thier taxes.. guess what.. uncle sam exists and coastal doesn't. I always thought they were awesome till the new people took over.. then they sucked. The place that is there now is good tho...
Same problem with the appliance company they ran out of business. They left for Florida.
kill devil luvr

Kitchener, Canada

#9 Jan 27, 2009
How do you think Saltwaters is doing?
We were there and it was OK.

“selenakyle”

Since: Jan 09

Nags Head

#10 Jan 29, 2009
Would love to know if CC's salsa is still for sale anywhere. My brother had it shipped to him every year, it was so good. (I never ate there).
KDH Local

Henderson, NC

#11 Jan 29, 2009
Saltwaters is OK at best IMHO. Sometimes the chief goes over the top with salt or spices with salt.

The smokey smell drives me crazy.
Scott Farcuss

Bunnlevel, NC

#12 Jan 29, 2009
SSres wrote:
they had the best tacos in obx
Coastal Cactus was a butt pimple compared to Don Gatos!

“selenakyle”

Since: Jan 09

Nags Head

#13 Jan 30, 2009
I miss Don Gatos, too! Their food was superb, IMO.

Of course, Lucky 12 is awesome and very much appreciated, especially since we lost Bacu as a local bar w/good food.
costal cactus

Clayton, NC

#14 Jan 31, 2009
I enjoy the new place. prices are decent portions are huge and they make their own salsa. Just hoping that someday we get a good mexican place here on the beach. The ones that are here now suck... IMO...
Kittyhawk Man

Chesapeake, VA

#15 Jan 5, 2010
Coastal Cactus. Rip off haven, smoke filled and local drunks hoopin and hollerin' at the bar. Could not get any satisfactory service. Bartender Jeremy? He had to many personal issues which involved a nice gal named Meridith. Jeremy went to Windmill point, same situation there. WP did not pay taxes.

“NutsCluelessSpam”

Since: Oct 09

Kill Devil Hills Nizzle

#16 Jan 9, 2010
breezy wrote:
Does anyone know where the bartender, Jeremy, went after they closed?
hopefully to jail, he was a theif, he lost money for the owners by doing coke of the bar and giving away drinks til 1 am. Debbie and Jim ran that place perfectly, they had a few good people running the kitchen then sold the place and the loser ass that bought it, hired some more losers (not kitchen workers) but front house losers, then the jack off didnt pay taxes and had the bizz seized along with the other biz they had in KH applainces.If that jack off didnt screw up and paid taxes and didnt hire losser ass jeremy, there would still be a Costal Cactus
Don Gatos

Manteo, NC

#17 Jan 10, 2010
Scott Farcuss wrote:
<quoted text>
Coastal Cactus was a butt pimple compared to Don Gatos!
LMAO! Don Gatos was horrible!!!
Scott Farcuss

Clayton, NC

#18 Jan 11, 2010
Don Gatos was in a class by itself. Coastal Cactus was cheap garbage. Jeremy who? Did he have red hair?
Bad Bean

Clayton, NC

#19 Feb 20, 2011
Coastal Cactus salsa was the only good thing that place had going for it, i buy it at harris teeter all the time still it is awesome, the place there now Bad Bean taqueria is spectacular best damn pork taco ive ever had in my life, definitely check that place out next time you people who dont live here are in town
Rusty

Manteo, NC

#20 Feb 20, 2011
Hey guys...I really like that place too! It's freakin' awesome!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kill Devil Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Speeding 60 in a 45 (Nov '09) 21 hr Dane Free Aloha 14
Overdose Feb 19 Mulligans247 2
John Burge Feb 17 Martravious Jack... 17
Jessica sansone @ beachwoods Feb 16 David Allen Coe 5
gaybx (Dec '16) Feb 16 Mbuthu Warrior 8
OBX Realtors-A RANT (Jan '11) Feb 15 Jorge Worshington 73
Outer Banks Drivers (locals) Feb 14 Again 5

Kill Devil Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance