obxbeachgirl

Farmville, NC

#21 Jul 17, 2009
That is a real professional statement you said about Justin. I don't know him personally but if that is what comments are tied to Spa Vogue then they can keep their stuck up attitude!
OBX lover wrote:
Hey pampereddd -- spa vouge just opened! Justin does great hair cuts and their pampering is supposed to be reasonable!
What planet do you live on ?? Everyone knows Justin is not welcome at Spa Vogue !
dizzy blond

Manteo, NC

#22 Jul 19, 2009
So, where is the famous Justin working if not @Spa Vogue??
I know

Dallas, PA

#23 Jul 19, 2009
He works at Hair Flair and the hair cutting place in the Elizabeth city walmart
local girl

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#24 Jul 19, 2009
He is at Banks in Currituck!
dizzy blond wrote:
So, where is the famous Justin working if not @Spa Vogue??
OBXCuisine

Virginia Beach, VA

#25 Jul 31, 2009
In regard to Justin, everyone knows who came up with this business and concept. Justin created the entire concept. He is not welcome here because the owner STOLE the concept from him and threw some new paint colors on the wall and changed the name?! Not to mention, the people that own this have no experience and I agree with VABeachGirl. A real SPA is about a DAY experience in a relaxed and unique environment.
manteor

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#26 Jul 31, 2009
i had my hair cut there and the lady that did it had like 25 years of experience. not sure about the owners, but the place is top notch and beautiful. very professional. just my take...
OBXCuisine

Virginia Beach, VA

#27 Jul 31, 2009
You should thank Justin for choosing all the elements and design of Spa Vogue. From what everyone is saying, Kim & Stephanie Lane just stepped aside for months and let him build out the place and then decided to throw him to the curb. The Lane's are the biggest USERS on the OBX and everyone on this beach knows the kind of business they perform. This whole talk about Spa Vogue is BS. JUST ANOTHER DRESSED UP TRASH CAN!
OBXCuisine

Virginia Beach, VA

#28 Jul 31, 2009
**NEWSFLASH** DONT BELIEVE THESE PEOPLE ARE HILLBILLY CROOKS???? TAKE A LOOK AT MRS. KIMBERLY LANES MUGSHOTS FOR THE HUGE SCENE SHE CAUSED AT PORT O CALL!!! ASSAULTING A POLICE OFFICER?!?! THIS IS THE WOMAN RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS NEW "FABULOUS" DAY SPA THAT THEY STOLE FROM THAT GUY NAMED JUSTIN! BY THE WAY, HE IS THE BEST HAIR DRESSER IN TOWN!

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/kill-devil-hi...

CHECK IT OUT!!!
kittyhawkexec

Virginia Beach, VA

#29 Jul 31, 2009
in reference to those clowns over there at that new spa vogue/rouge...whatever. look at this link...wow!
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/1078059/Police-br...
you were right: obxcuisine! i know of justin and never heard one bad thing about him. from what i was told, he has only worked in nice salons. im sure hes not at walmart or that place banks in currituck! not his caliber. i wish i could find him, i need a cut desperately and wont stomach the thought of going anywhere here on the obx.. from what i know about the lanes, i would hope that he wouldnt resort to working with those clowns ever anyway! the town knows their reputation.. what a joke! very classy gentleman justin was...
fyi. these photos are hilarious! what a happy little family! yikes!
blondiegirlobx

Virginia Beach, VA

#30 Aug 1, 2009
25 years experience??? I wouldnt go to that washed up stylist that used to work in manteo at that salon in downtown if it were my last resort! that woman was washed up years ago! no wonder she closed her salon and is working for those people at that new salon. what option does she have? i drove by the new "spa" salon in kitty hawk...salon vogue? didnt seem to be too happening? i heard some young high school dropout girl was the owner? is she a stylist? does she have any experience in this business or is she just playing beauty shop? in case you forgot, were in a recession and now is not the time to be playing house without the reputation to back it. i wonder if word about these folks happens to be out? I KNOW their reputation....so do the locals. im sticking to dimensions hair salon. these people have been here for years and I love those girls! i dont see them being an overleveraged "fly by night beauty shop"!.... note to self....stick with what you know...dont branch out to the "newbies". here today, gone tomorrow.....ouch!
manteoer

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#31 Aug 2, 2009
I don't really think it makes much of a difference whether the owner is a stylist or not. It's a business. Budgeting, marketing and investment have not a damn thing to do with being a stylist. As long as they have good, qualified people/stylists working for them, who cares if they aren't stylists?

I know the a girl that works in the nail bar and I also know the massage therapist and they are both fantastic at what they do.

As far as the "washed up" stylist - I got a "newer" haircut - an inverted bob. I went to 3 different people to get this haircut and the first two - one at a very "successful" salon failed miserably. The lady at spa vogue took her time and did it exactly right. I've had more compliments on my hair in the last 3 weeks than I've had in my life. No lie.

I'm not on the SpaVogue bandwagon, but I just think it isn't very fair for people to bash any business that just opened. Remember, there are a lot of good people working there and you knocking the business strictly because of who the owners are isn't helping pay the "little guy's" bills. It's not fair to those who actually do the work there - especially in this economy.
blondiegirlobx

Virginia Beach, VA

#32 Aug 2, 2009
well thats great "manteor".... so now your stylist AND your haircut are washed up. that haircut went out two years ago, along with Victoria Beckham. your cut was outdated before your stylist smudged it on your head....yikes! seek a second opinion...
paparazzi

Virginia Beach, VA

#33 Aug 2, 2009
spa vogue?

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/kill-devil-hi ...

ouch.....just read this.... what a classy woman?!?!.
Landlubber

Kitty Hawk, NC

#34 Aug 3, 2009
paparazzi wrote:
spa vogue?
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/kill-devil-hi ...
ouch.....just read this.... what a classy woman?!?!.
That link won't come up. You need the WHOLE link.
manteo

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#35 Aug 3, 2009
blondiegirlobx wrote:
well thats great "manteor".... so now your stylist AND your haircut are washed up. that haircut went out two years ago, along with Victoria Beckham. your cut was outdated before your stylist smudged it on your head....yikes! seek a second opinion...
Seems to me you are a catty b$#@& trying to ruin someones reputation because you have something personal against them. Childish.

I've had lots of second opinions. From alot of people. Who think its great. So screw you and your opinion. You don't know shit.
local girl

Linden, NC

#36 Aug 5, 2009
I just talked to the owner of Bangs and he is there
kittyhawkexec wrote:
in reference to those clowns over there at that new spa vogue/rouge...whatever. look at this link...wow!
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/1078059/Police-br...
you were right: obxcuisine! i know of justin and never heard one bad thing about him. from what i was told, he has only worked in nice salons. im sure hes not at walmart or that place banks in currituck! not his caliber. i wish i could find him, i need a cut desperately and wont stomach the thought of going anywhere here on the obx.. from what i know about the lanes, i would hope that he wouldnt resort to working with those clowns ever anyway! the town knows their reputation.. what a joke! very classy gentleman justin was...
fyi. these photos are hilarious! what a happy little family! yikes!
Vogue gal

Arlington, VA

#37 Aug 9, 2009
Wow.. I currently work at spa vogue and I've worked at other surrounding spas in the area in the past.I don't see why people are talking bad about the professionals here... Ok I get you don't like the Lanes..but like many people I work to make money, not to worry about what friends I can make. They pay me more than any other place I've ever worked at on this whole beach. I don't know the whole scoop about Justin, and don't really care. But , I do know we have the best price for massages, facials, and Mani/pedi on the beach, price shop around... ;)
spa lady

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#38 Aug 10, 2009
Hmm wrote:
Anybody know where I can get some spa treatments at a good price on the outer banks?
HAIROICS! They have a great new huge hair salon and spa!
KDHer

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#39 Aug 10, 2009
I agree Hairoics is the best place, they are the ones with the best prices on the beach, I have shopped around and it has the most for your money!!! The employee's are all nice and helpful. A great team
selenakyle nags head

Angier, NC

#40 Aug 10, 2009
The worst salon experience of my life was about 12 years ago at Hairoics, and I would shave my head bald before ever stepping foot in there again.

It was the only time I've ever had to go back to a salon the next day demanding my money back, which takes guts and is unpleasant. Especially dealing with a God-complex owner.

We all have our good and bad experiences.

But heed these warnings about the Lanes, Vogue Gal and others. They have been fickle with employees in the past, and there is a shred of truth to some rumors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kill Devil Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 18 min Liberal forever 59,819
Manteo police chief 42 min Well 11
My cousin dead for nothing (Jan '14) 12 hr Ghost of drunkfes... 39
election for Dare County Sheriff is Nov.4 Mon MLK Jr 10
Coastal Provisions - Southern Shores Crossing Mon sound side 3
VA versus NC license restrictions??? (Feb '10) Sep 20 bikerbabe 28
Meineke (Jun '11) Sep 18 xobx 24
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Dare County was issued at September 23 at 4:16PM EDT

•••
•••

Kill Devil Hills Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Kill Devil Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Kill Devil Hills News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kill Devil Hills
•••