Any update on Presgraves murder trial

Posted in the Kill Devil Hills Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Curious

Norfolk, VA

#1 Oct 7, 2010
Back in June Brandon Presgraves was murdered at the beach.

Are there any updates on the situation? I haven't seen or heard anything since July.

Thanks in advance.
Privileged

Wilson, NC

#2 Oct 7, 2010
still awaiting trial. usually murder cases take at least two years, but more like three years, to ever begin to enter the judicial process.
thoughtful one

Manteo, NC

#3 Oct 8, 2010
No court date has been set. But Eric Presson is free and walking the streets of Dare County.
Curious

Norfolk, VA

#4 Oct 8, 2010
How is that possible?

Does the state feel it was self defense?
Privileged

Wilson, NC

#5 Oct 8, 2010
The State has nothing to do with it. The man was constitutionally entitled to a bond, which was posted. It has to do with that whole, "innocent before proven guilty" thing.
Curious

Norfolk, VA

#6 Oct 8, 2010
Usually a judge would deny bond if the defendant is considered a threat.

And, you know, considering he killed a man with a knife because he was losing a fight makes him a threat, IMO.
Dare Co Native

Kitty Hawk, NC

#7 Oct 8, 2010
Recently Appointed Judge Robert Trivette reduced the bond which enable him to be set free. Be sure to not vote for him when you get the chance and spread the word to other voters in Dare County!
Unreal

Rocky Mount, NC

#8 Oct 9, 2010
It's outrageous that he is out on bond. He should be rotting in jail until his trial so the public is safe from his murderous madness. Hopefully he'll violate the terms of his release soon without hurting anyone else and he'll be back in the clink.
reality in kdh

Battleboro, NC

#9 Oct 10, 2010
Diddo, this Presson guy is a scumbag. The bond is surprising, especially since he was already on probation from other assault charges in VA. And violated that with a murder.
HAHA

Coats, NC

#10 Oct 11, 2010
reality in kdh wrote:
Diddo, this Presson guy is a scumbag. The bond is surprising, especially since he was already on probation from other assault charges in VA. And violated that with a murder.
Diddo?
wants info

Manteo, NC

#11 Oct 20, 2010
Curious wrote:
Usually a judge would deny bond if the defendant is considered a threat.
And, you know, considering he killed a man with a knife because he was losing a fight makes him a threat, IMO.
Really? you were there and saw him loosing the fight, and you know for a fact thats why he pulled out the knife? Please tell me about it, i would like to know more.
Really

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#12 Oct 21, 2010
If you were loosing a fight that you didn't start, doesn't that become self-defense? Personally I would rather take a beating than a life ... but if I felt my life was in danager, can't say I wouldn't do whatever I had to get home to see my baby ... my thoughts go out to the Presgraves family (and friends), but one get the feeling that this case may not be as clear as one guy killed another for no reason.

With that said, from previous track record, Presson is no angel
reality in kdh

Battleboro, NC

#13 Oct 21, 2010
What an angel he is. Now that he is out, the mexicans know hinm as the "Gringo coke dealer"
Great job kdh police and Dare County. Now he lives in a trailor park, mostly latinos, selling coke to them. Someone needs to get this scumbag off the streets. Come on people REVOLT! Murderer, drug dealer, no wonder we have so many crazies in our world. Our own in Dare County even put them right back on the streets!
Bond

Rocky Mount, NC

#14 Oct 21, 2010
reality in kdh wrote:
Great job kdh police and Dare County. Now he lives in a trailor park, mostly latinos, selling coke to them. Someone needs to get this scumbag off the streets. Come on people REVOLT! Murderer, drug dealer, no wonder we have so many crazies in our world. Our own in Dare County even put them right back on the streets!
The police did their job. As usual, the court system dropped the ball.
you are clueless

Manteo, NC

#15 Oct 24, 2010
reality in kdh wrote:
What an angel he is. Now that he is out, the mexicans know hinm as the "Gringo coke dealer"
You are so clueless. He does not live in a trailer park. He lives with his father and has to be home everynight at a certain time. It's so funny to me you think he lives in a trailer park with mostly LATINOS, selling them coke. But the MEXICANS call him the "gringo coke dealer", not only do you need to work on your ethnicities, but your facts as well. And how do you know this? do these Latinos/Mexicans share this coke with you and tell you who they get it from? I think you are the crazy one
reality in kdh

Mechanicsville, VA

#16 Oct 26, 2010
I don't do coke. But, whether he lives there or not, they saw his picture and he is the guy that their friends bought coke from on the weekend. And he approached them and asked them if they wanted to buy some. The individuals, that I know personally, don't do coke but his customers play soccer with them. He'll get what is coming to him. Hopefully someone will stick him or blast his brains out. What a gutless turd.... To kill someone in a fistfight over a girl! Stab an unarmed opponent! What a pussy! That's what he will be in jail-Someone's pussy.
Ethnicities? Gringo is slang for an american male in case you don't know. Is this Presson's sister again? He's a scumbag and I can't wait to celebrate his conviction and sentencing! F*ck anyone with the Presson name! Just hearing "Presson" is enough to make anyone sick at this point.
KDH Obxer

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#17 Oct 26, 2010
reality in kdh wrote:
Get out and vote folks - Give a thought/vote to Doug Doughtie for Sheriff -
thoughtful one

Manteo, NC

#18 Oct 27, 2010
By the way he got out on bond because VA was supposed to pick him up on probation violation, but they didn't want him so once again the judicial system has gone wrong. You get a higher bond for dealing drugs than committing murder.
you are clueless

Manteo, NC

#19 Oct 28, 2010
reality in kdh wrote:
I don't do coke. But, whether he lives there or not, they saw his picture and he is the guy that their friends bought coke from on the weekend. And he approached them and asked them if they wanted to buy some. The individuals, that I know personally, don't do coke but his customers play soccer with them. He'll get what is coming to him. Hopefully someone will stick him or blast his brains out. What a gutless turd.... To kill someone in a fistfight over a girl! Stab an unarmed opponent! What a pussy! That's what he will be in jail-Someone's pussy.
Ethnicities? Gringo is slang for an american male in case you don't know. Is this Presson's sister again? He's a scumbag and I can't wait to celebrate his conviction and sentencing! F*ck anyone with the Presson name! Just hearing "Presson" is enough to make anyone sick at this point.
first off, the ethnicities thing, i was refering to you saying the MEXICANS call him the gringo coke deale, but then saying he lives in a trailer park with LATINOS, that would be two different ethnicities. You dont have to explain yourself to me, you called yourself out for doing coke, or being around coke heads, but hey to each his own. And no, this is not his sister, she is like 12. Fuck anyone with the Presson name? his family did not do this, how can you be so heartless? You have you own opinion of what happened and how things went, but if you wernt there, keep them to yourself and stop trying to state facts when you have no idea.
Robert

Norfolk, VA

#20 Nov 3, 2010
You have to love the annonymity of the internet.

I wish there was a way to keep tabs on this trial online, minus all the rumors and trash talk.

I don't know what went down that night, but the Lord does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kill Devil Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News North Carolina's Governor Says Offshore Drillin... Fri american hero 15
News Coast Guard Rescue Near Bonner Bridge (Jan '10) Apr 21 benulmer 4
dork donuts / duck donuts Apr 21 Duh uh uh 11
" Ellens Pawsitive Place for Dogs" (Nov '10) Apr 20 rocco siffredi 24
All Car and Truck Repair of Roanoke Island (AKA... (Dec '09) Apr 19 byrd 36
Who would you say is the biggest sociopath on t... Apr 16 1chz Tony 12
Those two in Wanchese might get their half dead... Apr 6 Silly Rabbit 7
More from around the web

Kill Devil Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE