23-year-old killed after leaving Oute...

23-year-old killed after leaving Outer Banks bar

There are 141 comments on the WVEC-TV Norfolk story from Jun 7, 2010, titled 23-year-old killed after leaving Outer Banks bar. In it, WVEC-TV Norfolk reports that:

Police say they're questioning a suspect in the weekend death of a 23-year-old man in Kill Devil Hills, NC.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WVEC-TV Norfolk.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
neighborgirl

Staley, NC

#1 Jun 7, 2010
Is this really happening here? My friend just had knife pulled on him at lucky 12. Brandon was a sweet boy and it got him killed! whatever happened to fighting like a MAN?? to all you OBX knife carriers, use your fist or walk away. Brandon was killed for caring! R.I.P neighborboy
neighborgirl

Staley, NC

#3 Jun 7, 2010
Southern S Local wrote:
Use your fist, you are just a moron.
My suggestion is avoid Lucky 12 avoid Port O Call and maybe you won't need a knife, gun or your fists.
you might be a local but your obviously not really from here, or don't know Brandon.
I voted for Ryan White

Hillsborough, NC

#4 Jun 7, 2010
Can someone please tell us exactly what happened at Port O' Call? Where did Brandon live? Who did it--I heard it was another local.
kdh girl

Manteo, NC

#5 Jun 7, 2010
did they get the guy who stabbed him?
neighborgirl

Staley, NC

#6 Jun 7, 2010
kdh girl wrote:
did they get the guy who stabbed him?
He lived in kdh, and Eric Presson is in custody.
Brian

Seagrove, NC

#7 Jun 8, 2010
Southern S Local wrote:
Use your fist, you are just a moron.
My suggestion is avoid Lucky 12 avoid Port O Call and maybe you won't need a knife, gun or your fists.
Do u really think that Port O call or lucky 12 can control the idiots that bring and look for these confrontations!!!! The local businesses dont raise or go to the homes of these idiots to make sure they dont bring knives./weapons with them and if you going to point out just two local business one that has been here for 46years,then you are not in the real world there have been serious incidents at all of the locl night clubs including brewing station and kellys. so dont point to just two. How is a business supposed to control local or any thug that thinks the way to solve a issue is buy brandishing a weapon which happens a lot in this area and not only at the two local night clubs you pointed out but all over this area, it seems to be the mentality of this younger generoation. So when you make a opion be fair area business cant control idiots,thugs CAN WE !!!
I voted for Ryan White

Pittsboro, NC

#9 Jun 8, 2010
I hear late nights are getting really scary at ALL of the local bars.
I voted for Ryan White

Pittsboro, NC

#10 Jun 8, 2010
And Port O' Call has always been, and always be, just gross and nasty. Back in the day it used to be soooo much fun, but it was still nasty.

Dancing to Southern Comfort on the Skids or Mullet Row until we were drenched in sweat was really a good time.

These days people can't just relax and have a good time. Booze and testosterone have always been a volatile mix late night at bars, and back in the day the fights were usually between a Wancheser and a Manteo-er and they used their fists and got it out of their systems. It was expected.

Now who the hell knows WHY everyone must be armed to the teeth? This ain't the big city, people!
Nags Head Local

Roanoke Rapids, NC

#11 Jun 8, 2010
Brian wrote:
<quoted text> Do u really think that Port O call or lucky 12 can control the idiots that bring and look for these confrontations!!!! The local businesses dont raise or go to the homes of these idiots to make sure they dont bring knives./weapons with them and if you going to point out just two local business one that has been here for 46years,then you are not in the real world there have been serious incidents at all of the locl night clubs including brewing station and kellys. so dont point to just two. How is a business supposed to control local or any thug that thinks the way to solve a issue is buy brandishing a weapon which happens a lot in this area and not only at the two local night clubs you pointed out but all over this area, it seems to be the mentality of this younger generoation. So when you make a opion be fair area business cant control idiots,thugs CAN WE !!!
They could hire more security! Throwing both guys out at the same time after a heated arguement, good job guys. Instead of trying to see what the fight was about. Everything could have been avoided. If Brandon didnt know Eric knew the girl, but found out he did later maybe a simple sorry would have solved everything, but no, security is too worried about takin pics and video of the girls in the contest.
Concerned Citizen

Manteo, NC

#12 Jun 8, 2010
It's not really MORE security, it's BETTER QUALITY security. Every time I've been there, the bouncers were utter loser gym rats with very few brain cells firing. A quality bouncer staff might have helped.
Nags Head Local

Roanoke Rapids, NC

#13 Jun 8, 2010
Concerned Citizen wrote:
It's not really MORE security, it's BETTER QUALITY security. Every time I've been there, the bouncers were utter loser gym rats with very few brain cells firing. A quality bouncer staff might have helped.
True... one bouncer there Ive seen bouncing at numerous places and he seems like a douchebag.
brian

Seagrove, NC

#14 Jun 8, 2010
Chair wrote:
You know, you're absolutely right, Brian. We should save our sympathy for Port O Call, not for the victim and his family/friends. Thanks for helping me see the light, you douche-bag!
Well i think the only douche-bag would be u and you should probally read carefull before u insult its people like yuo im talkn about{idiots] i didnt suggest sympathy for any business and if u ready other post i have said its a terrible thing that two young men lives are gone and ruined. my reply to the post was only aboutthe reference that people should avoid local businesses that employee local people and contribute to the local economy. What happeened is incredibly sad for the young man who lost his family and his friends.people have to learn not to solve problems with guns and knives,fighting what the hell is wrong with people.So next time you want to call names make sure you read carefull and understand what you are reading before you call names.So the way i see it you are probaly a idiot that calls his self a local who actually has no local family that your family moved here from up north and think you know everything. READ NEXT TIME!!!!!
brian

Seagrove, NC

#15 Jun 8, 2010
I voted for Ryan White wrote:
And Port O' Call has always been, and always be, just gross and nasty. Back in the day it used to be soooo much fun, but it was still nasty.
Dancing to Southern Comfort on the Skids or Mullet Row until we were drenched in sweat was really a good time.
These days people can't just relax and have a good time. Booze and testosterone have always been a volatile mix late night at bars, and back in the day the fights were usually between a Wancheser and a Manteo-er and they used their fists and got it out of their systems. It was expected.
Now who the hell knows WHY everyone must be armed to the teeth? This ain't the big city, people!
NASTY AND GROSS you must be one of those f>>>>>>g wanchesers
brian

Seagrove, NC

#16 Jun 8, 2010
Nags Head Local wrote:
<quoted text>
They could hire more security! Throwing both guys out at the same time after a heated arguement, good job guys. Instead of trying to see what the fight was about. Everything could have been avoided. If Brandon didnt know Eric knew the girl, but found out he did later maybe a simple sorry would have solved everything, but no, security is too worried about takin pics and video of the girls in the contest.
Do you really think that its the job of a business to babysit two grown men??? What the f.....k !!!! local bars are supposed to make grown ups apologize to each other are you serious???
Concerned Citizen

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#17 Jun 8, 2010
Nags Head Local wrote:
<quoted text>
True... one bouncer there Ive seen bouncing at numerous places and he seems like a douchebag.
I would almost bet money that you are referring to a person known as Sunny? sp? Sonny? And yes, he does have some mental problems.

I recommend that all reading this thread refer over to the other one for more information.
heels

Seagrove, NC

#18 Jun 8, 2010
Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I would almost bet money that you are referring to a person known as Sunny? sp? Sonny? And yes, he does have some mental problems.
I recommend that all reading this thread refer over to the other one for more information.
WRONG Sonny does not work at Port o call
Concerned Citizen

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#19 Jun 8, 2010
Maybe not now, but I think that he used to.
Concerned Citizen

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#20 Jun 8, 2010
And it doesn't really matter, there are a lot of misguided guys around here like that, so it might not be the same person.
obxmother

Manteo, NC

#21 Jun 8, 2010
neighborgirl wrote:
Is this really happening here? My friend just had knife pulled on him at lucky 12. Brandon was a sweet boy and it got him killed! whatever happened to fighting like a MAN?? to all you OBX knife carriers, use your fist or walk away. Brandon was killed for caring! R.I.P neighborboy
I am the mother of the victim i want all of you stop this vicious going back and forth about what happened. You dont' know and enough is enough
Nags Head Local

Roanoke Rapids, NC

#22 Jun 8, 2010
brian wrote:
<quoted text> Do you really think that its the job of a business to babysit two grown men??? What the f.....k !!!! local bars are supposed to make grown ups apologize to each other are you serious???
I never said it was their job to babysit or make people apologize. Read what I wrote better. They could have found out what the problem/altercation was about... Especially if Brandon thought a girl was being harassed by a guy, not knowing they knew each other. But securitys job is to secure peoples safety . You dont throw 2 guys fighting out of a bar at the same time. so what the f......k!! No need to comment doesnt matter I hope these bars arond here can hire some real security people .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kill Devil Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what makes people cheat? (Nov '16) May 24 Merkan Man 3
okay so who served missy marvin last (Apr '09) May 23 Hatteras Island F... 44
What is it with the trashy people on this beach? (Oct '09) May 23 Lol 109
Lead Guitar seeking musicians, singers, at the OBX May 21 Da realz 4
Outer Banks Headlights Strip Club (May '10) May 21 Hogiedog 30
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in North Caro... (Oct '10) May 12 Cheated 14
Do Not Respond to Frank (Sep '13) May 12 Frank 9

Kill Devil Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kill Devil Hills Mortgages