New documentary features 15-year-old ...

New documentary features 15-year-old Outer Banks cold case murder

There are 14 comments on the WTKR-TV Norfolk story from Nov 7, 2012, titled New documentary features 15-year-old Outer Banks cold case murder. In it, WTKR-TV Norfolk reports that:

A new documentary is shedding light on the 15-year-old cold case murder of Denise Johnson on the Outer Banks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTKR-TV Norfolk.

Since: Jun 12

Wilson, NC

#1 Nov 21, 2012
Its about time. Iknew Denise and have always wondered why there was no closure on this case.
hugo

Ayden, NC

#2 Nov 24, 2012
Unfortunately, this documentary is so poorly done it will do nothing to help.
It's a pity nobody with any journalistic skills helped...it had the feel of a bad infomercial.
cooties

Benson, NC

#3 Nov 28, 2012
scarlett8 wrote:
Its about time. Iknew Denise and have always wondered why there was no closure on this case.
Closure? I don't recall the local "Dick Tracey's" ever solving a murder, and there have been several over the years. They could not find their ass with a ten-man search party...
Alicia M

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#4 Dec 5, 2012
Denise was that rarest of souls who was blessed with a warm heart and loving personality. It is really so hard to believe she has been in Heaven the last 15 years. I am sorry to see the ugly comments about her. She really was a wonderful person and her smile could just light up a room. I am grateful that the police are still looking for her killer and that she was remembered so lovingly in this video. I wish people would try to help instead of just being so mean.
KH Rez

Hickory, NC

#5 Dec 6, 2012
Alicia M wrote:
Denise was that rarest of souls who was blessed with a warm heart and loving personality. It is really so hard to believe she has been in Heaven the last 15 years. I am sorry to see the ugly comments about her. She really was a wonderful person and her smile could just light up a room. I am grateful that the police are still looking for her killer and that she was remembered so lovingly in this video. I wish people would try to help instead of just being so mean.
Where do you see ugly comments about Denise?

The only negative comments are directed to the people who made this “mocumentary”. They chose to spotlight the firemen/policemen and talk about their job titles, how long they've lived in Dare County, how long they've been employed and what they were wearing on the night of the murder.....who gives a rats a$$ what they were wearing!

Denise was murdered and it shouldn’t be about ANYONE else but her.

It was more of a spoof than a thought provoking documentary. They just need to stick to their check points and if they happen to catch the killer, then get on TV and tell us who you are and what you were wearing the night you caught the killer.
Hi Lo

Spring Lake, NC

#6 Dec 6, 2012
Kh Rez,
At least they are trying to do something to get information. I thought it was pretty good for a home made movie. Why are you giving them so much greef over it, at least they haven't forgotten her. Maybe you ought to offer to direct it next time since you have so much insight on making one.
KH Rez

Hickory, NC

#7 Dec 7, 2012
Hi Lo wrote:
Kh Rez,
At least they are trying to do something to get information. I thought it was pretty good for a home made movie. Why are you giving them so much greef over it, at least they haven't forgotten her. Maybe you ought to offer to direct it next time since you have so much insight on making one.
I never said I had any insight or experience in directing a video. I simply gave my opinion on the video. Similar to you going to a movie and then giving your opinion to someone about that movie.

In my opinion, if they want to catch the murderer then raise the reward money. These are tough times and if you want to get someone to come forward with new information, give a bigger reward. I don't think it was ever mentioned in the video but the family put up 5k and the crime line will pay up to 1k. That's 6k for the 15 year unsolved murder of a local girl.

If the town took the money that they were going to use to buy 1 police car and put it toward the reward, that could be an extra 35k (estimate). How about if they did that a few times over the 15 years. The reward could be well over 100k.

Someone might be more willing to come forward for that kind of money.

I gave the example of 1 police car but it could literally be anything.
Alicia M

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#8 Dec 7, 2012
I'm sorry I was not trying to make a controversy. I was touched by the memories her sister shared and some of the pictures I had never seen before. They brought back thoughts of happier times for me. It was interesting to hear how the case unfolded and all the things they did to try to solve it. I hope the person who killed her sees it and understands the pain they caused and realizes that God will not forgive them until they accept responsibility for what they did to Denise and her family. The police seem to think it was somebody that knew her, so that person has to know what a precious light they extinguished.
KDH Rez

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#9 Dec 7, 2012
KH Rez wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said I had any insight or experience in directing a video. I simply gave my opinion on the video. Similar to you going to a movie and then giving your opinion to someone about that movie.
In my opinion, if they want to catch the murderer then raise the reward money. These are tough times and if you want to get someone to come forward with new information, give a bigger reward. I don't think it was ever mentioned in the video but the family put up 5k and the crime line will pay up to 1k. That's 6k for the 15 year unsolved murder of a local girl.
If the town took the money that they were going to use to buy 1 police car and put it toward the reward, that could be an extra 35k (estimate). How about if they did that a few times over the 15 years. The reward could be well over 100k.
Someone might be more willing to come forward for that kind of money.
I gave the example of 1 police car but it could literally be anything.
Quite simply, you're a dickhead.

Personally, if it took reward money for someone to offer information that would lead the arrest of a murderer, then THAT person should also be incarcerated.

There have been quite a few murders over the years, yet this one is the only unsolved one. So get your head out of your ass and do something, or simply shut the phuck up about it.
KDH Rez

Hickory, NC

#10 Dec 7, 2012
I am doing something...I gave my opinion as to what it will take to get this murder solved. What are you doing, besides resorting to name calling?

Google the top reasons or ask any cop why people come forward to inform/snitch...it is to get revenge or to get even with someone and for the money.

People have killed people over a stereo or a crack rock...what makes you think someone wouldn't come forward with new info for a lot of money?
taxpayer

United States

#11 Dec 7, 2012
KDH Rez wrote:
<quoted text>Quite simply, you're a dickhead.
Personally, if it took reward money for someone to offer information that would lead the arrest of a murderer, then THAT person should also be incarcerated.
There have been quite a few murders over the years, yet this one is the only unsolved one. So get your head out of your ass and do something, or simply shut the phuck up about it.
Quite simply, you seem worried about something.
scarlett8

Nashville, NC

#12 Nov 23, 2014
scarlett8 wrote:
I knew Denise too, and always had the feeling a detective was involved
Lemon lime

Lillington, NC

#13 Nov 23, 2014
scarlett8 wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew Denise too, and always had the feeling a detective was involved
That is crazy/weired you should say that after all these years because I have always heard that a certain kdhpd traffic nazi cop had something to do with it which is the reason it has been covered up.
Sand Trap

Moyock, NC

#14 Nov 23, 2014
Lemon lime wrote:
<quoted text>
That is crazy/weired you should say that after all these years because I have always heard that a certain kdhpd traffic nazi cop had something to do with it which is the reason it has been covered up.
NOW this is getting good.... I have always surmised that it was a broad who did it.... Traffic Nazi?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kill Devil Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Search Ongoing For Missing Kayaker In Albemarle... (Apr '14) Oct 16 Bradley gunners pal 23
Drug dealers in Nags Head (Mar '12) Oct 12 wtf 27
Joseph Pledger (Dec '16) Sep 26 Shooby 10
okay so who served missy marvin last (Apr '09) Sep 19 iamali 46
Faking a service animal (Nov '16) Sep '17 Yankee 16
too many tourists Sep '17 Dicky 3
adult fun (Mar '14) Sep '17 Parent 13

Kill Devil Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kill Devil Hills Mortgages