Dr. David Thompson Healtheast Nags Head
stalker police

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#24 Jan 4, 2012
ManteoMermaid wrote:
I just called Healtheast to make an appointment with Dr. Thompson and was told he was on leave but I could make an appointment with one of the other doctors. I told them I wasn't interested in one of the other doctors and would prefer Dr. Thompson and was told they didn't know when he would be back.
I don't want to see another doctor and will follow Dr. Thompson wherever he goes. Once again, if anyone hears anything about this please post it for those of us who want to continue seeing Dr. Thompson. He has been my doc, my husbands doc and my daughters doc since we moved here 4 years ago and we all like him VERY much!
Ok we got it.
Manteo Mermaid

King George, VA

#25 Jan 5, 2012
stalker police wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok we got it.
It doesn't make me a stalker because im concerned that my family may not be able to see a doctor they have come to like and trust. However, your comment does make you an idiot.:)
Eliza

Saratoga, NC

#26 Jan 5, 2012
Bonita have you heard where?
Eliza

Saratoga, NC

#27 Jan 5, 2012
Bonita, do you know where his practice will be?
hmm

Fayetteville, NC

#28 Jan 6, 2012
i don't recall saying anything about children. where is your nasty mind at??
hmm

Fayetteville, NC

#29 Jan 6, 2012
and what kind of a dr leaves his practice and doesn't tell ANY of his patients??
I Hate Stupid

Elizabeth City, NC

#30 Jan 6, 2012
hmm wrote:
and what kind of a dr leaves his practice and doesn't tell ANY of his patients??
If he was let go, he may not be able to because of a non compete clause. Also, since he is/was part of a hospital group, its not abandonment because there are other dr's there. Sh!t happens down here that you couldn't get away with in other town's/cities. There was a podiatrist that totally abandoned his pts a few yrs back and he's still around the area with no repercussions.
Eliza

Saratoga, NC

#31 Jan 6, 2012
Im assuming that he was let go considering if you call they say he is "on leave and don't know if he's coming back"
Barbara

Charlotte, NC

#32 Jan 6, 2012
I am not suprised by this at all. Health East is a joke. My husband has had several serious health problems and the way the staff has acted and the doctor (Metcalf) have behaved has been unbelievable. They are rude, unprofessional and do not appear to care at all about their patients. There is absolutely no excuse for the behavior at that place. They need an overhaul. The hospital not much better. Two family members misdiagnosed there. I don't believe they have a clue what they are doing. If you have a true life threatening emergency, do not go there!
KDH

Manteo, NC

#34 Jan 6, 2012
I agree, the staff there is just as rude as can be, except for Cecila, the receptionist at the front. I cannot stand those other women, they act like they hate their job and treat you like crap when you call and want to actually leave a message for the nurse, they always want to know your business, Can you say HIPPA!!! When I found out Dr. T left I asked for my medical records and told I would have to pay for them? Really don't think so, Then when I got them I didn't get all of them, If Dr. Thompson starts his own practice I am there along with my kids.
Has anyone called the hospital to see if he is on duty?
Eliza

Saratoga, NC

#35 Jan 6, 2012
KDH....not sure if anyone has called, I nominate you to do it!
SANDRA

Manteo, NC

#37 Jan 6, 2012
No word on where he is starting up a new practice but that one is in the works. If I hear anything I will post because I am sure all his patients will follow!!
People who put dumb crap up here go to one of the other stupid forums and get off this one. The people on this one are concerned about a Doctor that we all like. He is great with children and is a nice guy!
Loop

Kitty Hawk, NC

#38 Jan 6, 2012
Sadly, the person who said he liked women besides hos wife was correct. I know this because he is friends with my husband and I know one of the "other" women.

Nonetheless, that should have nothing to do with his acting on good faith as a physican and giving good care to his patients. His personal life is just that, personal. He is a good doctor.

I "heard" that Healtheast was looking to "get rid" of him - not sure why and if it was because he was seen out in public with other women other then his wife. If that is the case, then Healtheast is wrong, but if there is other reasons, then I am not to judge because I do not know the facts.

With that said, we are like the rest and only know that he is "on leave".
ugh

Fayetteville, NC

#40 Jan 6, 2012
Medical ethics violations!
K-Hawker

Kenly, NC

#41 Jan 6, 2012
Heard that one myself as well. Hope it is not true. Great Doc and hate to think of not having him as our primary physician. Personal lives are personal and none of our business until it becomes detrimental to the ethics of the business. Unfortunately, you never really know who somebody is until you know their secrets.
hmm

Fayetteville, NC

#42 Jan 7, 2012
Loop wrote:
Sadly, the person who said he liked women besides hos wife was correct. I know this because he is friends with my husband and I know one of the "other" women.
Nonetheless, that should have nothing to do with his acting on good faith as a physican and giving good care to his patients. His personal life is just that, personal. He is a good doctor.
I "heard" that Healtheast was looking to "get rid" of him - not sure why and if it was because he was seen out in public with other women other then his wife. If that is the case, then Healtheast is wrong, but if there is other reasons, then I am not to judge because I do not know the facts.
With that said, we are like the rest and only know that he is "on leave".
sadly, when one steps out on their mate, there is usually other things going on in their life. it definitely deserves a good pondering.... because while a persons personal life is personal, if it affects those he's supposed to be caring for in a negative way, then it becomes personal no more.
FishFace

Benson, NC

#43 Jan 7, 2012
ManteoMermaid wrote:
Oh no! Dr. Thompson is our doc and we like him very much. If anyone knows where he will be seeing patients please post the info.
Dr. Thompson has been suspended.
Logan

Manteo, NC

#44 Jan 7, 2012
Loop, do you know if Dr. Thompson will be starting his own practice?
Loop

Kitty Hawk, NC

#45 Jan 8, 2012
Logan wrote:
Loop, do you know if Dr. Thompson will be starting his own practice?
I only know that he is on leave. Though, I believe it was not on his part but Healtheast. I am guessing he will need to work on his life before he will tackle opening a private practice. Again, I don't know anythig else, except what I had already posted.
reap what you sow

Fayetteville, NC

#46 Jan 8, 2012
medical ethics violations are serious!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kill Devil Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Remember the Nags Head Casino? (Apr '10) Mar 16 Denny 20
News Five arrested in Outer Banks drug investigations (Jun '13) Mar 2 Got it wrong 13
Wanted: Willard Eugene Dillon III Mar 2 Hootsky palladootsky 23
Camping in Duck (Dec '10) Feb 27 m lou 31
Junk cars/cars for parts Feb '17 No Way 1
Bob Outten Makes Way TOO MUCH MONEY... (Nov '12) Feb '17 Yankee 13
Outer Banks Headlights Strip Club (May '10) Feb '17 Comatose 29

Kill Devil Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kill Devil Hills Mortgages