Next Last
Curious

Spring Lake, NC

#1 Nov 20, 2012
Another pedestrian hit tonight across from Henry's.... Hope they are OK
yuck

Warsaw, NC

#2 Nov 20, 2012
That sucks. I heard the sirens, then heard the helicopter. I knew something happened.
Luke Sidewalker

Angier, NC

#3 Nov 21, 2012
why hasnt the town put a sidewalk along the bypass?
Observer

Hickory, NC

#4 Nov 21, 2012
Luke Sidewalker wrote:
He was hit trying to CROSS the bypass, a sidewalk along side the bypass would not have helped.

Sad thing is, there was a light at Helga street that he could have crossed over.
Bumpkinville

Elizabeth City, NC

#5 Nov 21, 2012
Luke Sidewalker wrote:
Continuing from another thread: Another example as to how this area is backwards. BUT, we have 35,000 full time residents and EIGHT different police departments roaming around here.
Observer

Hickory, NC

#6 Nov 21, 2012
Bumpkinville wrote:
<quoted text>
Continuing from another thread: Another example as to how this area is backwards. BUT, we have 35,000 full time residents and EIGHT different police departments roaming around here.
Eight?

Care to name them?

“NutsCluelessSpam”

Since: Oct 09

Kill Devil Hills Nizzle

#7 Nov 21, 2012
1 SS
2 Duck
3 State
4 Dare co
5 Manteo
6 KH
7 KDH
8 NH

Is this Correct..and if so, what does it have to do with people crossing a road in the dark ?

Anyway, I hope the person that got struck is OK, if alive..if not condolences to the family..God Bless
Observer

Hickory, NC

#8 Nov 21, 2012
sixty6guns wrote:
1 SS
2 Duck
3 State
4 Dare co
5 Manteo
6 KH
7 KDH
8 NH
Is this Correct..and if so, what does it have to do with people crossing a road in the dark ?
Anyway, I hope the person that got struck is OK, if alive..if not condolences to the family..God Bless
Bumpkinville stated that there were 8 police departments down here and that is not true. Dare County and the State are not police departments. However, if you want to count all law enforcement then don't foget

ALE
ABC
Wild Life
Marine Fisheries
SBI
and maybe a feww more
Interested

Ardsley, NY

#9 Nov 21, 2012
Wondering if anyone knows how the man is doing?

Since: Apr 09

Kitty Hawk, NC

#10 Nov 21, 2012
Yes, there are no "Dare Co cops" but there are state troopers.
Steve

Manteo, NC

#11 Nov 21, 2012
glasspilot wrote:
Yes, there are no "Dare Co cops" but there are state troopers.
Dare county sheriff deputies. They also patrol the area.
Steve

Manteo, NC

#12 Nov 21, 2012
Bumpkinville wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to be an idiot to walk along the bypass. A sidewalk would only encourage idiots like you to walk or ride their bike along the bypass. I actually see you on a drunk scooter Sunday morning trying to buy beer.

Please leave if you do not like it here.
Time keeper

Baltimore, MD

#13 Nov 23, 2012
Curious wrote:
Another pedestrian hit tonight across from Henry's.... Hope they are OK
what time did it happen?
Witness

Springfield, NJ

#14 Nov 23, 2012
Time keeper wrote:
<quoted text>what time did it happen?
Approximately 5:45pm.
Bumpkinville

Elizabeth City, NC

#15 Nov 26, 2012
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to be an idiot to walk along the bypass. A sidewalk would only encourage idiots like you to walk or ride their bike along the bypass. I actually see you on a drunk scooter Sunday morning trying to buy beer.
Please leave if you do not like it here.
I have just read a new level of stupidity in this post. You my friend are a complete and total idiot incapable of higher reasoning or any critical thinking whatsoever. Does it physically hurt to be as stupid as you are? I mean, is there actual pain? You actually put in writing that a sideWALK would encourage people to walk on it. So. what in your small mind are sidewalks for then? I'll wait right here Steeeeeeve. Btw, you seem to be obsessed with the scooter thing....projecting are you?
Beachgurl

Manteo, NC

#16 Nov 26, 2012
I know this guy; he works locally and was on his way home riding his bike. He is in pretty bad shape and in a hospital in Tidewater. There is a golf tournament coming up (Paul Shaver's/Black Pelican at Seagate) where proceeds are being collected to help not only Hurricane Sandy victims, but also donations to help w/his medical bills.

Please be kind before you write hurtful comments (his family could be reading.) I'm sure he was very tired after his shift and just wanted to get home. Lighten up people and pray for this guy's recovery, after all, he's a local just like us!

Since: Apr 09

Kitty Hawk, NC

#17 Nov 26, 2012
Beachgurl wrote:
I know this guy; he works locally and was on his way home riding his bike. He is in pretty bad shape and in a hospital in Tidewater. There is a golf tournament coming up (Paul Shaver's/Black Pelican at Seagate) where proceeds are being collected to help not only Hurricane Sandy victims, but also donations to help w/his medical bills.
Please be kind before you write hurtful comments (his family could be reading.) I'm sure he was very tired after his shift and just wanted to get home. Lighten up people and pray for this guy's recovery, after all, he's a local just like us!
Ok, he was crossing the bypass at 5:45 (after dark) on his bicycle, not at an intersection.........sorry, not much sympathy here. How many times do we have to talk about this.........
Steve

Manteo, NC

#19 Nov 26, 2012
Bumpkinville wrote:
<quoted text>
I have just read a new level of stupidity in this post. You my friend are a complete and total idiot incapable of higher reasoning or any critical thinking whatsoever. Does it physically hurt to be as stupid as you are? I mean, is there actual pain? You actually put in writing that a sideWALK would encourage people to walk on it. So. what in your small mind are sidewalks for then? I'll wait right here Steeeeeeve. Btw, you seem to be obsessed with the scooter thing....projecting are you?
I know you have a hard time reading and comprehending so ill say it again. Read it slow so you can understand. Sidewalks on the bypass encourage people to walk along the bypass. If you need help ask someone to explain it to you.

Have fun drinking your life away.
Beachgurl

Manteo, NC

#20 Nov 26, 2012
Glasspilot: Not only are you a cold SOB, but your punctuation skills suck! In your earlier post, you used an ellipsis,(do you know what it is?) which only has three dots, not .......... Give up trying to be clever.

Don't use punctuation, unless you know how to use it. Just another way you show your ignorance! Just saying...
Beach Bum

San Francisco, CA

#21 Nov 26, 2012
Beachgurl wrote:
Thanks for the update! I'll be on the lookout for information about golf tourney. Even if I can't contribute a lot, every $$ will help!

Let's ALL keep him in our thoughts and prayers during his recovery!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kill Devil Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
okay so who served missy marvin last (Apr '09) 8 hr qwerty 45
rip off con artist "outer banks vent & cleaning" Tue Martha Caton 3
too many tourists Tue Solstice 1
ABC Towing Aug 13 Chevyman 1
Wanted: Willard Eugene Dillon III (Jan '17) Aug 12 Mock Majet 28
Best Friends Run For Office Aug 10 Retired KDH Employee 10
adult fun (Mar '14) Aug 8 girI2girI 11

Kill Devil Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance