First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jay

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#21 Nov 4, 2011
They were in the crosswalk, not sidewalk.

I think that makes her a pedestrian (with the right of way) but I'm not entirely sure.
sicka dodgen people

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#22 Nov 4, 2011
There needs to be an obx law to keep bikes and peds off a HIGHWAY!! Who the h*ll wants to ride or walk on a HIGHWAY!! where the speed limit is 50mph maybe all the bikes need to get a ticket for going to slow on the HIGHWAY!! I have seen just like everyone, someone walking or riding their bike in the center lane, not too smart. There is a bike path on the beach ROAD,at least the speed limit is 35mph

Since: Apr 09

Kitty Hawk, NC

#23 Nov 4, 2011
OK sicka, you've said that a few times. Are you saying peds and bikes should not be able to CROSS the bypass? That's all we're talking about here. I agree that any bikes trying to actually ride on the BP are asking for it.
sicka dodgen people

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#24 Nov 4, 2011
They could always call a cab with a bike rack.
Mike

Virginia Beach, VA

#25 Aug 7, 2012
sicka dodgen people wrote:
Is it time that the outer banks needs a law against people walking,riding bikes,scooters on a highway? Wake up its a highway not a bike path.
Yeah let's make more laws...You can't avoid riding your bike or walking across 158 unless you expect every person to drive to and from the beach. Instead of just banning riding bikes or walking people in cars need to pay attention. KDH could definitely make some real sidewalks though or a bike lane.
Mike

Virginia Beach, VA

#26 Aug 7, 2012
sicka dodgen people wrote:
They could always call a cab with a bike rack.
That is honestly one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard. You expect someone to stop at the corner of 158 and call a cab across the bypass????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kill Devil Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missy Marvin Update (Feb '14) Tue Romeo Pomodoro 20
missy marvin (Feb '13) Jan 14 Sam Williams 88
John Burge Jan 12 Alicia 14
Kudos to Haynes Furniture (Jul '10) Jan 3 Romeo Pomodoro 6
Drug dealers in Nags Head (Mar '12) Dec 28 Ggg55 28
bmh Dec 18 Reese 1
Joseph Pledger (Dec '16) Dec '17 Pumped dat 11

Kill Devil Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance