Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#1 Feb 22, 2013
Wow. That didn't take long. I never ate there but I talked to a handful of people that did. General consensus was good food, kind of expensive for what you get (except for lunch specials) and a slow serve place with a fast food message. They must've spent a ton on radio advertising. Kinda sorry I missed it.

So, what's going to take its place? Another ice cream/frozen yogurt joint? Burgers, fries, blah blah? King Tut's Fotohut?

Also, looks like Pete's Pour house is done for. No surprise there. I went there twice thinking my first bad experience was just a fluke. Nope, not the case. Note to potential restaurateurs: Make sure the fine people you're hiring have, you know, fine people skills. Rude & aloof service workers kill return customers - no matter how good your food is.
Yuck

Cary, NC

#2 Feb 22, 2013
I went there shortly after they opened. I wanted some kind of fish sandwich. You know, seafood place at lunch time...fish sandwich?

They had to think about it for a minute... There wasn't one on the menu.

I'm not surprised that they closed already.

Since: Apr 09

Kitty Hawk, NC

#3 Feb 23, 2013
I think that location would be great for an Arby's!

Kitty Hawk, NC

#4 Feb 23, 2013
As far as PPH, I agree with Yuck. Not sure what the fate of that location is. Probably like a lot of bars/restaurants; if the right person grabs it you never know. Kind of like the magic Paul Shaver or John K used to impart to a place.

The location where Hurricane Mo's is now is an example. Many, many businesses started and failed there. Then H. Mo's came along and it has become a great locals hangout and is doing fine!
Southrn Shores res

Manteo, NC

#5 Feb 23, 2013
Arby's should never have left. I ate at Shrimp to go once and that was enough, I had a couple crab cake sliders and it took 10 min to get them. It was a dumb idea, but I liked the radio ads. Pete's was just bad, the people were very friendly but the food was all frozen yuck. If I want that I'll go to Burger King since it is still open and I'll take my service dog to finish what I don't eat.

Since: Oct 07

Southern Shores, NC

#6 Feb 23, 2013
They should open an AT&T or Sprint store in the Shrimp to Go location!:^)

Kitty Hawk, NC

#7 Feb 24, 2013
>>> They should open an AT&T or Sprint store in the Shrimp to Go location!:^) <<<

"That right there is funny....No matter who you are!!!(Crank up your "Larry the Cable Guy" accent)
Southrn Shores res

Manteo, NC

#8 Feb 24, 2013
That made me laugh, even though I would like to see the Arby's back run by the Wendy's hamburger nazi. Or Hardee's.
Yuck

Cary, NC

#9 Feb 24, 2013
I'll vote for a Hardees. Their loaded omelet biscuit is awesome.
greg

Moyock, NC

#10 Feb 24, 2013
I will vote for a combination KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut in that dead area that used to be a gas station across from KH Elem. Our workers would eat there for lunch since there is nothing close except McD's... not to mention once summer hits, it would make a killing. As far as the shrimp place goes, come on, really... fast food shrimp??? What self respecting local would even set foot in that place when any self respecting local knows he/she can come home for lunch and cook said shrimp themselves in under 30 minutes without the poor service???
greg

Moyock, NC

#11 Feb 24, 2013
Cool, check this out, I'm from Panama City FL now!!
really people

United States

#12 Feb 24, 2013
greg wrote:
I will vote for a combination KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut in that dead area that used to be a gas station across from KH Elem. Our workers would eat there for lunch since there is nothing close except McD's... not to mention once summer hits, it would make a killing. As far as the shrimp place goes, come on, really... fast food shrimp??? What self respecting local would even set foot in that place when any self respecting local knows he/she can come home for lunch and cook said shrimp themselves in under 30 minutes without the poor service???
What self respecting local wants another KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut? Walk the talk and carry your ass home and cook shrimp!

Kitty Hawk, NC

#13 Feb 25, 2013
Actually, once in a while I like KFC or Taco Bell. I can take or leave PH. I'd love to see a Bojangles Chicken down here.

I don't know who owns that old station/store that greg talked about but will be an ideal location for something someday. Right where tourons come off the bridge in the Summer!
27th Gen Native

Manteo, NC

#14 Feb 25, 2013
even better than bojangles would be a cookout. they'd make a killing with all the drunks and summer tourist crowd
Frank

United States

#15 Feb 25, 2013
Bojangles would be great. It will happen long before a Chic fil A
really people

United States

#16 Feb 25, 2013
glasspilot wrote:
Actually, once in a while I like KFC or Taco Bell. I can take or leave PH. I'd love to see a Bojangles Chicken down here.

I don't know who owns that old station/store that greg talked about but will be an ideal location for something someday. Right where tourons come off the bridge in the Summer!
Then drive to Nags Head...
Joe T

Manteo, NC

#17 Feb 25, 2013
That would be a great place for a Smithfield's BBQ
Southern Shores Res

Windsor, NC

#18 Feb 25, 2013
Billy Roughton owns the lot where the old gas station was. He had plans for something there once, but I can't recall what now. Hardee's or Popeyes or Bojangles would be good there.
OBX

Montgomery Village, MD

#19 Feb 25, 2013
Panera. Chipotle.
Yuck

Cary, NC

#20 Feb 25, 2013
They should turn it into a mini-wings.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kill Devil Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
too many tourists 17 hr Sand Trap 2
ABC Towing 17 hr Sand Trap 2
barefeet /foot fetish (Jul '10) 20 hr Darnell Maurice S... 180
adult fun (Mar '14) 20 hr Darnell Maurice S... 12
okay so who served missy marvin last (Apr '09) Aug 17 qwerty 45
rip off con artist "outer banks vent & cleaning" Aug 15 Martha Caton 3
Wanted: Willard Eugene Dillon III (Jan '17) Aug 12 Mock Majet 28

Kill Devil Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance