Don't know , not sure

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pump in the Sand

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#1 Jul 9, 2012
Thank Nags Head and Warren Judge.

Without Warren's Sand Tax and Nags Head's sand pumping + tax increase, other areas wouldn't be pinched so tightly.
Common sense

Raeford, NC

#2 Jul 9, 2012
Tax increases are never popular, however the new Board members campaigned on "fiscal responsibility." Commissioner Hogan favored a 3 cent tax increase!

More troubling is the hiring of yet another Planner. The in-house staffing survey was a joke. Has anyone ever heard of a department head admitting their department was over-staffed? Then they lifted the hiring freeze. That should have been left in place, with the understanding that any department that truly needed to replace personnel, due to a retirement or resignation, could request the position be filled. It was done in the past.

I think the new Board members are being led around by the Town staff, and the staff are taking advantage of the new majority's lack of experience.
Southern Shores Res

Windsor, NC

#3 Jul 9, 2012
Come on Pump in sand (Ray M) you know good and well the KDH tax increase has nothing to do with Nags Head or SS or you or anything other than each town is top heavy and not making the unlimited cash they use to when homes were selling like hot cakes and paying the counties the 1% sales transfer tax. Ruin our beaches and it will get worse. The added sand has increased the sales in Nags Head which increases their 1% transfer tax, all the other towns should do it. The beach is the draw here, with out it being a draw the tourists will not be there and they will go there. Ray, you are just wrong but you can't admit it can you?
Pump in the Sand

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#4 Jul 9, 2012
Hate to burst your bubble, but I am not Ray.

Read my post again, please.

Had NH not raised their tax, the shares would be the same and less of a burden on the other Towns and the County. Since it was raised for the sand, the shares changed (reduced for all but NH) and the other towns reacted as needed for the services offered.

Whether or not services need be reduced is not the point.

The point is the snowball affect of NH and their sand.

I am still not Ray.
Observer

Statesville, NC

#5 Jul 9, 2012
Pump in the Sand wrote:
Hate to burst your bubble, but I am not Ray.
Read my post again, please.
Had NH not raised their tax, the shares would be the same and less of a burden on the other Towns and the County. Since it was raised for the sand, the shares changed (reduced for all but NH) and the other towns reacted as needed for the services offered.
Whether or not services need be reduced is not the point.
The point is the snowball affect of NH and their sand.
I am still not Ray.
Sure you're not Ray M. We all believe you... really we do.
Charlie

Manteo, NC

#6 Jul 9, 2012
This was not a necessary increase. It is combined with an increase in water rates, by the way. And it most likely would not have happened if the Town had not voted in a liberal trio that have no problem spending someone else's money. Does anyone really believe the Town of Kill Devil Hills needs another staff planner? This excuse of raising taxes to keep up with Nags Head is getting old fast. But even if it is the case, that money could have been directed to the Town's savings account, it did not have to be spent. Pure and simple, they chose to raise taxes and they chose to then spend that additional money. That is what they did and it was wasteful.
not ray either

New York, NY

#7 Jul 9, 2012
Southern Shores Res wrote:
Come on Pump in sand (Ray M) you know good and well the KDH tax increase has nothing to do with Nags Head or SS or you or anything other than each town is top heavy and not making the unlimited cash they use to when homes were selling like hot cakes and paying the counties the 1% sales transfer tax. Ruin our beaches and it will get worse. The added sand has increased the sales in Nags Head which increases their 1% transfer tax, all the other towns should do it. The beach is the draw here, with out it being a draw the tourists will not be there and they will go there. Ray, you are just wrong but you can't admit it can you?
The tax increase is coming because of the dumb formula between Dare County it's townships. Typical pot stirring Topixholes! Typical dumb Ray comments. You people are all buffoons!
Realtor

Manteo, NC

#8 Jul 9, 2012
Southern Shores Res wrote:
You want to show some numbers of increased homes sales over the last year that can back your baseless comment? It's astounding the things you new people believe in when you move here.
Dumb and Dumber

Linden, NC

#9 Jul 9, 2012
Seems many of the posters have no idea about KDH's staff needs or how county tax revenue sharing works. But you do like to bitch about everything you wish you knew more about! I suggest going to town meetings and make your thoughts known at public comment. If you are too lazy or not interested in facts that is ok, it is easy to pick out the tards on this site!
KDH MOM

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#10 Jul 9, 2012
Even with the hiring freeze lifted the Town Staff still has to have hires approved by the Commission. People at least have your facts straight before you complain.
Observer

Statesville, NC

#11 Jul 9, 2012
Another example of Ray trolling and trying to justify his radical beliefs.
Observe This

Wake Forest, NC

#12 Jul 9, 2012
Observer wrote:
Another example of Ray trolling and trying to justify his radical beliefs.
Pretty sure you are the trolling party here...trying to push your beliefs...quit being a hypocrite...go to a meeting...get informed on what to do with your obsession for Ray.
Little Joe

Manteo, NC

#13 Jul 9, 2012
Seems many of the posters have no idea about KDH's staff needs or how county tax revenue sharing works. But you do like to bitch about everything you wish you knew more about! I suggest going to town meetings and make your thoughts known at public comment. If you are too lazy or not interested in facts that is ok, it is easy to pick out the tards on this site!

Oh I go to the meetings and I know what's going on too. No need to be nasty or call names. There is no need for more government spending in Kill Devil Hills, and the Town could do just as well with less staff and a more assertive manager/Mayor. If they were so compelled to raise the rate, they should have given the employees the COLA, a lot of them are hard working people who deserve to keep up with inflation. They chose instead to add unnecessary staff...go figure...and fluff. Defend them all you want but I don't think they are doing a very good job managing the peoples money and I can assure you I am not retarded and wouldn't use that word to describe someone with a learning disability.
easy targets

Wake Forest, NC

#15 Jul 9, 2012
Little Joe wrote:

Oh I go to the meetings and I know what's going on too. No need to be nasty or call names. There is no need for more government spending in Kill Devil Hills, and the Town could do just as well with less staff and a more assertive manager/Mayor. If they were so compelled to raise the rate, they should have given the employees the COLA, a lot of them are hard working people who deserve to keep up with inflation. They chose instead to add unnecessary staff...go figure...and fluff. Defend them all you want but I don't think they are doing a very good job managing the peoples money and I can assure you I am not retarded and wouldn't use that word to describe someone with a learning disability.
then stop being an idiot! Nothing to do with new BOC. Old BOC would have to take the hike too. It's county tax sharing time! You are an easy target. I haven't seen you at any meetings?
Entrappted

United States

#16 Jul 9, 2012
I just want to know why I and still paying tax on 250k when my frickin house is only worth 210k?
Observer

Morganton, NC

#17 Jul 10, 2012
Entrappted wrote:
I just want to know why I and still paying tax on 250k when my frickin house is only worth 210k?
Tax evals are not mandated to equal the value of your house. Why didn't you complain when taxed at 250 and your house was worth 300? Educate yourself on how it works instead of griping about stuff you clearly don't understand
KDH

Linden, NC

#18 Jul 10, 2012
Entrappted wrote:
Your home will be re-evaluated next year. They have past up the last 2 evaluations since they knew the values were coming down. By law they have to do the re-evaluation and cannot pass on it again. Instead of jacking up the tax rates even more, they just kept the tax rate at the same level and your home at the value. Next year, as part of the reason they did a 2cent tax increase was getting ready for the lower home tax values and to keep their share of the county tax revenue sharing
Entrappted

United States

#19 Jul 10, 2012
KDH, thanks for the info.
Interested

Raeford, NC

#20 Jul 11, 2012
Just a reminder. Commissioners Woodard and Buske voted against the budget.
what?

Wake Forest, NC

#21 Jul 11, 2012
Interested wrote:
Just a reminder. Commissioners Woodard and Buske voted against the budget.
Buske was around to vote? Can't believe he showed up to vote?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kill Devil Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tropical storm warning issued for North Carolina 6 hr MsClaus 4
cold blooded murderer gets less time than missy... 21 hr hgl 13
Spoiled meat from Food Lion? 22 hr yikes 1
Should Dare Commissioner Allen Burrus Resign? Dec 23 Avon native 29
Bad experience in Knitting Addiction (Mar '10) Dec 22 vergie sentura 55
Puzzle Shop in Kitty Hawk Dec 21 Kim Jong Un 6
BeWare! of Vineyards of the Scuppernong (Nov '09) Dec 21 haha 11
More from around the web

Kill Devil Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE