Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2010

Judged:

Not sure who started character assassination but it is not right and borders on slander or libel.
It amazes me how people will write something on a board but do not have the integrity or guts to say it to a persons face.
It sounds like someone has a personal grudge against the two men mentioned here and that is something you need to handle in a professional and grown up manner.
I dont know

Fuquay Varina, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2010

Judged:

Islander wrote:
Not sure who started character assassination but it is not right and borders on slander or libel.
It amazes me how people will write something on a board but do not have the integrity or guts to say it to a persons face.
It sounds like someone has a personal grudge against the two men mentioned here and that is something you need to handle in a professional and grown up manner.
It's not slander or libel if it's true.
Wonderin

Kill Devil Hills, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2010

Judged:

Islander wrote:
You can kiss my rosy red ass Islander!

Matt is a sorry excuse for a human being. I have more respect for dogs! I have the guts to say it to his face and have done so. If he notices me in a public place he avoids me because he knows I despise him AND his type.
Wonderin

Kill Devil Hills, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2010

Judged:

Islander wrote:
PS

Think of it this way Islander. You go out to enjoy some food/drinks/lunch/dinner, whatever the case may be, and Matt happens to be there. Trust me when I say I would rather sit next to a bunch of loud children than hear his mouth.

I have gotten in his face and was pretty civil about it. He acted like a normal person from then on so everyone could enjoy themselves. However, I once saw a Wancheeser come very close to cold cocking him.

The man is a jerk because he is intelligent enough to know how he acts but could care less how he disturbs others.
I voted for Ryan White

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2010

...And I therefore rest my libelous, slanderous case. Thank you, good night.
Stephanie

Davenport, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2010

Watcher wrote:
<quoted text>
The best help I can offer is to suggest you read completely through the last page of this thread (if you haven't already):
http://obxconnection.com/outer-banks-message-...
Apparently, there was supposed to be some sort of hearing concerning the foreclosure procedings on June 16, but I know nothing more about that.
According to the Dare County Graphical Information Service,
http://daregis.darenc.com/website/dare/viewer...
only one of the all the condos in the property has been formally sold to anyone since it was built, and that could give you some insight into the property owners/management that is going on there.
Thanks Watcher. I appreciate the link and all the information!!

Since: Jun 10

Kill Devil Hills, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2010

You're welcome. From what I've heard, if you already have reservations, you're ok, but unfortunately, the ownership and management is low class, and kinda iffy. I you can, then I would recommend getting any money you have put into the place, back out, get a refund, and get yourself a rental HOUSE. If you paid one, and they won't give your your deposit money back, threaten too, or go ahead with filing a lawsuit.

There are many great houses here to rent on the ocean, with much better management, than the place you mistakenly chose.
MeMyself

Kill Devil Hills, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

Nobody cares. Let it burn to the ground.
ICY HOT

Kill Devil Hills, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

Maybe

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2010

What's wrong with the management at Croatan Surf Club?
brian

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

Judged:

We haven't been to OBX in years but at last minute decided to come. Let my wife pick the spot and you guessed it, Croatan Surf Club. When i found out it was the Quag's/Papagayo's old spot i nearly croaked.
As far as original thread - don't buy it if you can't afford it. IT IS YOUR responsibility to know what you can and can't afford. 2 years ago a mortgage broker wanted me to cash out 80% of mortgage and invest in stock market. Once a month I send him a nasty email reminding him of what an idiot he is.
brian

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

A_Watcher wrote:
You're welcome. From what I've heard, if you already have reservations, you're ok, but unfortunately, the ownership and management is low class, and kinda iffy. I you can, then I would recommend getting any money you have put into the place, back out, get a refund, and get yourself a rental HOUSE. If you paid one, and they won't give your your deposit money back, threaten too, or go ahead with filing a lawsuit.
There are many great houses here to rent on the ocean, with much better management, than the place you mistakenly chose.
Watcher, Know any good houses close by for rent. We called everyone and this was the closet to the beach at 7.5(near other friends) we could find.

Thanks,

Since: Jun 10

Hickory, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

brian wrote:
<quoted text>
Watcher, Know any good houses close by for rent. We called everyone and this was the closet to the beach at 7.5(near other friends) we could find.
Thanks,
At the moment no, I can't particularly recommend any house or rental agency.

But, I will be in that neighborhood this evening, and I will look around for any options that seem like a potentially available or good offering.

If you've called most of your available rental agencies, and they tell you that everything is rented out, well, is has been busy so far out here this summer, and it may be true. Keep trying other rental agencies (google kill devil hills rental companies) but I will post post back here if I find or can see anything that looks promising.
Local-eze

Kill Devil Hills, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

brian wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks,
Most rental companies say they are booked for the summer.
brian

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

To OBXers

Stayed at Croatan Surf this past week. Nice place as far as pool and grounds but rooms are not very sound proofed/insulated. We could hear a lot from other rooms and exterior stairs. The pool is very nice and same for overall layout of rooms. Village Realty does a nice job.

Had a great time.. Water was a bit chilly but Friday was great. good to see some old friends..
Someone

Hampstead, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Judged:

This dump, and the owners of it, need to be embarrassed, along with the town council members who approved it.

Tearing down Quags, and building this ugly, pos structure on this beach should be considered a crime.
Southern S Local

Windsor, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

Judged:

Someone,

You should be mad at the owners of Quags. How dare they sell their property and how dare anyone do what they want. From now on everyone will have to ask Someone if he/she approves first before anything is done. Be serious people.
Someone

Hampstead, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

Southern S Local wrote:
Someone,
You should be mad at the owners of Quags. How dare they sell their property and how dare anyone do what they want. From now on everyone will have to ask Someone if he/she approves first before anything is done. Be serious people.
I'm not really mad. No need to cry over spilled milk, right?

The "Croatan Surf Club" is still an blight on the beach road, and disgrace to the natural landscape, and apparently the ownership and management isn't all that great either, or more of the condos would be sold.
Cash in my pockets

Farmville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2010

not surprised wrote:
You said it perfectly. The banks won't lend. Well, in my opinion the banks are the majority of the problem with the economy right now. I feel that when the economy went sour and the banks needed assistance maintaining operations, that everybody that was in default with mortgages and other loans, should get a fresh start. I feel everybody should start over with a fresh credit score of 650 and if you fail, then that was your chance. But, if you start fresh and do the right thing, you will now have the opportunity to succeed.
Zombie banks they are

Since: Apr 09

Kitty Hawk, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2010

Look, I loved Papagyo's and Quags just like everyone here, but the building was termite ridden and had to come down. I do miss the ocean side deck with the music though.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of78
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Kill Devil Hills Forum right now

Search the Kill Devil Hills Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 6 min TSF 54,860
A good move for Currituck crossing (Feb '11) 55 min Nbi 3
Storm Damage Thu Don Slater Jr 1
Pharr embezzlement (Sep '13) Thu Sambo Collins 12
Go out and collect some revenue boy! Thu Cucumber 5
WNC fracking? Unlikely but still unsettling Jul 7 Oil lover 18
Tropical storm warning issued for North Carolina Jul 7 Adrian Godsafe MSc 3
•••
•••
•••
Kill Devil Hills Dating

more search filters

less search filters