First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wow

Clayton, NC

#21 Dec 17, 2012
BAH HUMBUG wrote:
Sounds like you don't like the judge or it's the other way around he does'nt like you///
neither. it's called a lack of respect for a public official.
Luke Sidewalker

Vass, NC

#22 Dec 18, 2012
wow - what gives you the impression that Tilett apologized to anyone?
yuck

Holly Springs, NC

#23 Dec 18, 2012
KH Resident wrote:
It's funny how the voice writes a big article about an attorney facing a bar hearing for some of the same things that the attorney that Tillet was involved with, who is also facing a bar hearing. Funny how the Voice has remained quiet about him. Oh wait thats right the Voice and Tillet and Merrell are all buddies. Tillet and Merrell even went on a vacation cruise together while all of this was going on. Shame on you Outer Banks Voice for selective reporting.
No, the attorney in Kitty Hawk had an employee that embezzled a massive amount of money. The attorney was blindsided by the fact that his trust and operating accounts were sucked dry overnight, then it snowballed from there. He really didn't have any shady dealings like some of the other lawyers around here.
26th Gen Native

Kitty Hawk, NC

#24 Dec 18, 2012
How dare yall talk about my kin that way. Jerry is a right good young man.
241morgan

Moyock, NC

#26 Dec 18, 2012
People are finally starting to find out the other side now. Thank God!
Courtwatcher

Manteo, NC

#27 Jan 18, 2013
this thing won't go away - I thought Norman lived here in SS - did she get that wrong?

sunshineobx.blogspot.com
dalotted

Manteo, NC

#28 Jan 19, 2013
I don't like Judge Tillet anyway. He sentenced me to a year probation and took my Dl just because I was driving drunk with cocaine in my car. Can you believe that? Hell. I thought everybody drank and smoked coke in their cars. WTMF? Well he at least did his job in my case. But not to worry. In about a year I'll be drivin drunk and smokin rock again. So watch out.
Hiramab1

Fayetteville, NC

#29 Mar 12, 2013
I am with the Judge ,take a closer look at the Police Chief !
26th Gen Native

Kitty Hawk, NC

#30 Mar 12, 2013
Hiramab1 wrote:
I am with the Judge ,take a closer look at the Police Chief !
I'll 26th that.
concerned

Windsor, NC

#31 Mar 13, 2013
26th Gen Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll 26th that.
HEAR, HEAR! KDH is a crooked as they come around here.
Observer

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#32 Mar 13, 2013
Does chief Britt's child still go to Dare County schools?
NewsWatcher

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#33 Mar 13, 2013
Some of you people are funny. All of these issues have been talked about and decided. Finally one of the people who has truly done wrong has been exposed for what he is. State has done a complete investigation and now lets put it to rest and move on. It has finally come out that this was a group of people that set out to destroy careers and in fact only destroyed their own.
26th Gen Native

Kitty Hawk, NC

#34 Mar 13, 2013
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
HEAR, HEAR! KDH is a crooked as they come around here.
You ain't from around here are ya boy.
OBXPIRATE

Kenly, NC

#35 Mar 14, 2013
When one excepts that our Justice system has turned into Money Making Racket and see that it is no longer for the Just; you will come to the belief that the whole system of laws that we have enacted is so that a penalty can be applied (thus making money) Look around and see how many frivolous laws we now have with a fine attached to them . Our Justice system has become a big game of Monopoly. Though we have a lot of good employees in the System (judges, officers, clerks ) they are but pawns in a game of Chess. The Kings and Queens are in our Legislature deictating which fine will come next. Its all Hogwash. Hats off to all our Judges, Officers, Clerks as well as employees of the Justice System. It is our legislature that needs to adress our concerns too.
yes

Snow Hill, NC

#36 Mar 14, 2013
OBXPIRATE wrote:
When one excepts that our Justice system has turned into Money Making Racket and see that it is no longer for the Just; you will come to the belief that the whole system of laws that we have enacted is so that a penalty can be applied (thus making money) Look around and see how many frivolous laws we now have with a fine attached to them . Our Justice system has become a big game of Monopoly. Though we have a lot of good employees in the System (judges, officers, clerks ) they are but pawns in a game of Chess. The Kings and Queens are in our Legislature deictating which fine will come next. Its all Hogwash. Hats off to all our Judges, Officers, Clerks as well as employees of the Justice System. It is our legislature that needs to adress our concerns too.
This weeks winner of The Clueless Idiot Award.
NewsWatcher

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#38 Mar 25, 2013
The best outcome would have been him being thrown off the bench. But as judges go this was not very good for him. If you read the ruling it is much worse then what the Voice would make you think. Even to the point where the Judge has to repay KDH for money they spent fighting him at the Supreme Court. Hope the voters show how they feel next time he comes up for election.
Honest Abe

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#39 Mar 25, 2013
Thanks newswatcher i'm going to take a look at that ruling. On another note, anybody hear the outcome of Tillet's attorney friend Dan Merrell who had his disbarment hearing last week. Sounds like he did some bad things dealing with that Bank of America issue that got a Vice President there 72 months in federal prison.
NewsWatcher

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#40 Mar 26, 2013
Abe, from the website it looks like it is not over yet. It says the hearing will reconvene in July. Who knows what thet means.
Secret Squirell

Manteo, NC

#41 Mar 26, 2013
When I was a kid I got ice cream from Chip and Sandy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kill Devil Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I can help 6 hr tyrone biggums 3
Tainting the Baum familys legacy Feb 24 derrrr 3
Anyone have any scoop on Ray Jedele? (Apr '09) Feb 22 Indiana Life 185
Foreclosure Attorney (Jun '10) Feb 13 Southern Shores Res 13
barefeet /foot fetish (Jul '10) Feb 8 I can help 169
KDH Board Needs Help Feb 6 Jimmy Snyder 3
OBX man plagued by vandal cutting brake lines Feb 6 I can help 2
More from around the web

Kill Devil Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE