selenakyle nags head

Spring Lake, NC

#1 May 30, 2009
Anyone know if the same people still own the NY bagel shop at Dare Centre and OB Mall as always?

Reason I ask is that I got bagels today and they seem way too soft, like the "bagels" from Food Lion bakery or something.

Weren't dense and chewy at all. Tasted good but seemed different than usual.

Just wondering...
breezy

South Plainfield, NJ

#2 May 30, 2009
Sorry, don't know, but I agree their bagels are just not up to par. Go to Max's.
Ms Kitty

Holly Springs, NC

#3 May 30, 2009
I dont care for Max's..I like Bagels to Beef at the Market Place in KH.

Hurdle Mills, NC

#4 May 31, 2009
Ny Bagels has been up for sale since last year (at least)-so maybe there are different owners now.
Breezy

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Jun 1, 2009
Bagels to Beef has great bagels, but they charge a kings ransome for them.
JayEl

Baltimore, MD

#6 May 14, 2011
Yup. Store was sold late 2009.

New owner is very nice guy. He has been trying to bring the recipe back up to par. Old owner never did any maintenance to oven after 20 years and things did slip toward the end of '09.

Give them another shot, I think you will be happy.

The first year of any new endeavor is the hardest.
New owner (John, I think) is happy for any feedback and input from locals and returning vacationers alike.

Just my 2 cents worth.
elilah

Hillsborough, NC

#7 May 16, 2011
Bagels to Beef has closed (the one in The Marketplace at Southern Shores). Now it's Bonnie's Bagels. Haven't tried them yet:(

Since: Jan 09

Marion, IA

#8 May 28, 2011
elilah wrote:
Bagels to Beef has closed (the one in The Marketplace at Southern Shores). Now it's Bonnie's Bagels. Haven't tried them yet:(
Bonnie's Bagles isn't working out for me. The last three times I was in there they were out of the French Toast Bagles I'm after. Sadly they don't serve Carolina Moonlite coffee any more. Sometimes change just isn't good.Time to move on.

Since: Apr 09

Kitty Hawk, NC

#9 May 28, 2011
elilah wrote:
"Closed" is not correct. The name just changed.

Both BB and Maxes B are good. I go to both.
khlocal

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#10 May 28, 2011
Bonnie's Bagels has gone way downhill since the switch. Older lady (owner I think) is quite abrupt..almost rude most times. The service is very rushed and the chicken salad is not even close to what they had before. Not a fan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kill Devil Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pirates Fri Dont know 1
WHOLE KDH Fire Dept on VA DARE Trail Sep 20 djp60 1
James Burroughs, Manteo Police (Nov '09) Sep 18 Allright already 58
Anyone have any scoop on Ray Jedele? (Apr '09) Sep 9 Suzie 187
News North-Carolina 4 mins ago 12:47 p.m.Two men arr... Sep 8 Steve 2
Election Who do you support for State Senate in North Ca... (Oct '10) Sep 3 Wicked 26
News Ex-Navy range manager sentenced to year and hal... Sep 2 birdseye 1

Kill Devil Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kill Devil Hills Mortgages