emergancy room visit at obx hospital

Posted in the Kill Devil Hills Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
anyone else

Nashville, NC

#1 Jan 31, 2012
I was recently at the OBX hospital with a sick child and had a horrible experience with a female doctor there. She continually rolled her eyes at me, spoke to me like I was stupid, kept insisting it was just acid reflux causing my child's choking and coughing. Turns out my daughter was very ill. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this same doctor and her attitude. Her name started with an M. I have had the same issues with this doctor on a few other occasions. Wondering if I am all alone or if this lady is just angry and mean all the time.
Half Numb

Annapolis, MD

#2 Feb 1, 2012
Try having a stroke at OBH
pass it on

Kinston, NC

#3 Feb 1, 2012
Please call the adminstration at the hospital and make a report. You are not the first to have concerns. They ER head will be made aware and the problem addressed. You can also go through your local peditrician. They have been known to call the hospital when needed. Just pass the info along so we can keep our high quality staff and contine to make the hospital a place we want to care for our families.
anyone else

Nashville, NC

#4 Feb 1, 2012
my peditrician is very aware of the situation. they are the ones who sent me to the hospital after a late night phone call where they could hear what was going on with my daughter. Not only was the er doctor terrible to me.. but she was incredibly rude to my doctor.. telling them they wasted her time and hanging up. Is it just as effective to call the hospital as to write a letter? I cannnot for the life of me remember the doctors name.. i want to say moreway but i don't think that is correct..
Yup

Clayton, NC

#5 Feb 1, 2012
There is a Morway in the ER.

I had an issue with a male doctor in there. My girlfriend had gall bladder issues and was told to go to the ER if the pain got too bad.

It got bad, so we went to the ER. The doctor in there wouldn't call a surgeon to go ahead and remove the gall bladder. The doctor told her that she should just try to lose weight, then offered her ice cream. Ice cream is NOT good for somebody with gall bladder issues.

I'll have to be half dead before I'll go to the local ER. I'll drive to Chesapeake if I have to.
anyone else

Nashville, NC

#6 Feb 1, 2012
Then it was Morway that I saw. I have seen her on several occasions and always seem to have the same problem with her. She rolls her eyes, makes nasty noises, talks to me like am a monkey, and makes me feel like i am wasting her time. Last visit she ended with "when you have a real emergency come back"- like i went to the ER to hang out and have coffee. I have had other visits there with other doctors where I would have NO complaints at all. Nothing but good words.. however this doctor has really started to sour my opinion of the hospital and staff. You know its bad when your regular care doctor apologizes and says we would have never sent you there if we knew she was the doctor.
The read deal

Fayetteville, NC

#7 Feb 1, 2012
Thats why the hospital sucks. That Dr treats everyone that way, co workers,patients everyone. Everyone knows it nothing is done . Then again the adminstration acts like that so it shoul not be a surprise.
pass it on

Kinston, NC

#8 Feb 1, 2012
Even if you dont know the doctors name, they can look up the records and see what doctor was on at the time/date your child was admitted. I am sorry you had to go through that. Report it. Please.
Manteoer

Spring Lake, NC

#10 Feb 2, 2012
Not only write a letter, give Dr. Linda Morway a grade. Share the link. There is no excuse for her over-the-top rudeness. http://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-lind...
bad hospital

Elm City, NC

#11 Feb 8, 2012
this er is awful...i can name dozens of bad visits by me and others. management...get a clue
Curious

Elizabeth City, NC

#12 Feb 9, 2012
anyone else wrote:
Then it was Morway that I saw. I have seen her on several occasions and always seem to have the same problem with her. She rolls her eyes, makes nasty noises, talks to me like am a monkey, and makes me feel like i am wasting her time. Last visit she ended with "when you have a real emergency come back"- like i went to the ER to hang out and have coffee. I have had other visits there with other doctors where I would have NO complaints at all. Nothing but good words.. however this doctor has really started to sour my opinion of the hospital and staff. You know its bad when your regular care doctor apologizes and says we would have never sent you there if we knew she was the doctor.
Just curious, but why do you go to the er so many times? I've been to an er two times in my life.
NutsCluelessSpam

Wilson, NC

#13 Feb 10, 2012
I am NOT jumping on the original poster here, but...the only people I know who go to the ER for anything other than extremely dire, life-or-death situations are people without health insurance. Maybe that is why some people go more often than others?
fed up with you

Rougemont, NC

#14 Feb 10, 2012
What a bunch of loosers. The staff at OBX-ER are all highly qualified professionals who take pride in their jobs. The problem with all of you is you treat the ER like a Walmart or McDonalds---walk in and want to "place your order". When you don't get what you want, you leave all pissed off. News flash, the ER is to take care of emergencies, not your non life threatening, usually drug seeking behaviors. It takes care of legitmate needs, not looser wants. Be glad there are people around to put up with your sorry asses. Ever wonder why your own doctor won't see you or you can't even get a private physician
anyone else

Garner, NC

#15 Feb 10, 2012
Really?? I don't spend a great amount of time at the ER however I do have children and they have been known to hurt themselves, need stitches right away or become very ill on a weekend. In this case I called my primary care doctor first (yes fed up I DO have a primary care phyician) at 11 at night who told me to take my 4 month old to the ER and they would call ahead to let them know what was going on. I by no means "abuse" the ER or spend a great amount of time there. I didn't drive up and "order" anything. I simply wanted my very sick child checked out (per her doctors suggestion) and make sure that what was going on with her was not life threatening. FYI she turned out to be VERY sick and needed weeks of medicines and doctors visits to make her better. To make the assumption that I was seeking some sort of "drug" is not only ridiculous but offensive. The last time I was there was for my toddler who fell and cut his head open and needed stitches. I do not spend an excessive amount of time there. And I am not questioning if the ER staff are qualified professionals, rather some bitch who rolls her eyes, makes nasty comments and hangs up on the doctors who send their patients to the ER for care. My doctor sees me quickly and is a great professional who has NEVER made me feel like I was wasting their time or making something up. I realize that there are people who may abuse the ER for drugs or waste the doctors and nurses time there, however, to be a doctor and enter a room and automatically treat a patient that way is beyond unprofessional and DOES affect the way that those patients feel about the care they receive. My feelings on the hospital have always been positive and I have never questioned the care or quality of professionalism that I was given there. Until now..
You Oughtta Know

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#16 Feb 21, 2012
Fed up with you..... I sure hope you are not an employee at the ER.... It's "LOSER", not "LOOSER", you moron.
TooOften

Jersey City, NJ

#17 Feb 22, 2012
A child I watch on a regular basis was taken to the ER in the middle on the hurricane. Complaints, high fever and severe abdominal pain. The child could not even stand up straight or walk. Diagnosis by the doctor was strep and ear infections. He was sent home with a paper prescription to be filled at the pharmacy which was closed because of the hurricane. He was later seen in a VA ER dept. He had a ruptured appendix and was rushed into surgery followed by a two week stay at CHKD. They miss diagnose so many people.
Question

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#19 Feb 23, 2012
TooOften wrote:
A child I watch on a regular basis was taken to the ER in the middle on the hurricane. Complaints, high fever and severe abdominal pain. The child could not even stand up straight or walk. Diagnosis by the doctor was strep and ear infections. He was sent home with a paper prescription to be filled at the pharmacy which was closed because of the hurricane. He was later seen in a VA ER dept. He had a ruptured appendix and was rushed into surgery followed by a two week stay at CHKD. They miss diagnose so many people.
that was, indeed, a very unfortunate incident. However, can you expand on your last sentence. Just how many is "so many people"?
Give us specific examples of as many of these as you can, please.
What a Joke

Elizabeth City, NC

#20 Feb 23, 2012
TooOften wrote:
Welcome to Outer Banks Healthcare!
FIRE STOMPER

United States

#21 Feb 25, 2012
fed up with you wrote:
What a bunch of loosers. The staff at OBX-ER are all highly qualified professionals who take pride in their jobs. The problem with all of you is you treat the ER like a Walmart or McDonalds---walk in and want to "place your order". When you don't get what you want, you leave all pissed off. News flash, the ER is to take care of emergencies, not your non life threatening, usually drug seeking behaviors. It takes care of legitmate needs, not looser wants. Be glad there are people around to put up with your sorry asses. Ever wonder why your own doctor won't see you or you can't even get a private physician
No, not loosers - unfriendly and not very prideful in my opInion. I went there with stomach pain (gallstone diagnosis) and they asked if they wanted anything for pain. I said yes and four hours later and several requests later still no meds. I HAVE GREAT INSURANCE!!! I was treated like I was a huge bother. Not at all happy about that.
a friend

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#22 Feb 26, 2012
i was always happy with the results i got

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kill Devil Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
okay so who served missy marvin last (Apr '09) Thu qwerty 45
rip off con artist "outer banks vent & cleaning" Aug 15 Martha Caton 3
too many tourists Aug 15 Solstice 1
ABC Towing Aug 13 Chevyman 1
Wanted: Willard Eugene Dillon III (Jan '17) Aug 12 Mock Majet 28
Best Friends Run For Office Aug 10 Retired KDH Employee 10
adult fun (Mar '14) Aug 8 girI2girI 11

Kill Devil Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance