Driver charged in fatal crash in Kill...

Driver charged in fatal crash in Kill Devil Hills, N.C.

There are 19 comments on the The Virginian-Pilot story from Oct 7, 2011, titled Driver charged in fatal crash in Kill Devil Hills, N.C.. In it, The Virginian-Pilot reports that:

Police have charged a 44-year-old man with impaired driving and felony death by vehicle in a fatal crash earlier this week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Virginian-Pilot.

Stand up

Lincolnton, NC

#1 Oct 7, 2011
When will Americans and I mean Americans, not any other label in front of American stand up and say enough is enough! Stop being scared to speek your mind! This country is a melting pot. Not a Hispanic this, African that or any other label! Americans! Stop blaming police or any other than the obvious culprit! Take America back! Punish criminals to the fullest no matter if they are from another country or an actual American! I hate gangs, anyone who wants to be labeled something in front of American first like (Hispanic American)!!! Stop being pussies and speek-up! A drunk runs a flashing red light! He was to stop for red! Yellow proceed with caution! You can drive drunk in Mexico! This is America! America! Not anything else! America! Plain and simple. Stop making excuses please! My grammar sucks I know, but I do claim to be American and American only and I see the guilty and make no excuse for them.
ouch

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#2 Oct 8, 2011
I agree with most of Stand Ups statement, but as I drove through the intersection when the lights were blinking, I felt there was an accident ready to happen. It is the busiest intersection on the beach. The police/sheriff could have done something to make it safer.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#3 Oct 8, 2011
ouch wrote:
I agree with most of Stand Ups statement, but as I drove through the intersection when the lights were blinking, I felt there was an accident ready to happen. It is the busiest intersection on the beach. The police/sheriff could have done something to make it safer.
The sad fact is that law enforcement chose to do nothing!
Victims sister

Stanley, NC

#4 Oct 8, 2011
It was my brother who was killed by the drunk Mexican, my sister-in-law who suffered head injuries and broken bones in her back, and my sister who suffered a serious concussion to her head, pinned under the truck, glass embedded in her feet. My brother and the rest of my family were just going out to eat while on vacation, and now this tragedy has destroyed so many lives. My brother is the father of 3 young boys who worship the ground he walked on. He was a man with a huge heart who woulf help anyone. He did not deserve to die! The drunk driver survived and I'm goinna push for no bond because he may try to flee back to Mexico and avoid prosecution from the law, as many do. The KDH PD is responsible, as well as the drunk who stole a wonderful man's life! The serious injuries suffered by the rest of my family will haunt them forever but the pain of losing our brother, the boys' father, the wife's husband, will hurt forever. The drunk should have died, not a good, decent, hardworking man like JOE STORIE! You can read his obitutary online tomorrow at Evan's Funeral Home in Lenoir, NC. If you read it, you will see what a wonderful man he was and how deeply he was loved. Our lives will never be the same without him. We are heartbroken.
Resident

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#5 Oct 9, 2011
drunk mexicans, drunk blacks, drunk whites, drunk indians, drunk muslims and drunk anyone else should be shot. happy hour is over.
NutsCluelessSpam

Spring Lake, NC

#6 Oct 10, 2011
Yeah, while we are all very sad to hear of Mr. Storie's death, can we please refrain from all the "Drunk Mexican" references? I know you are grieving terribly but that is NOT helping matters. There are just as many of us drunk whites as there are drunk everyone elses.
Karma

Holly Springs, NC

#7 Oct 10, 2011
Victim's Sister- Prayers to you and your family during this painful time you are going through. I can not even begin to understand your pain and anger. Hopefully, this man, and I don't care if the man is Mexican, Chinese or any other race. That is not the point. He should pay with his life because he made the decision to get behind the wheel drunk.

I hope you can get no bond because he will certainly flee back to mexico because he's probably not legal to begin with and do you think the KDH police will find him? God help us all.

God bless you and your family..and I hope you find peace at some point... <3
Luvy

Cherryville, NC

#8 Oct 13, 2011
NutsCluelessSpam wrote:
Yeah, while we are all very sad to hear of Mr. Storie's death, can we please refrain from all the "Drunk Mexican" references? I know you are grieving terribly but that is NOT helping matters. There are just as many of us drunk whites as there are drunk everyone elses.
It has to do mostly with the fact that the drunk driver was ILLEGALLY in this country!
Luvy

Cherryville, NC

#9 Oct 13, 2011
BTW, he was from Honduras, not Mexico, but still, he was DRUNK and ILLEGAL!
Curious

Cameron, NC

#10 Oct 13, 2011
Luvy wrote:
<quoted text>
It has to do mostly with the fact that the drunk driver was ILLEGALLY in this country!
Actually it "has to do mostly with the fact that" many locals (like too many U.S. citizens) automatically believe that if you are of latino heritage you are a) from mexico and b) here illegally.
Mr. Rodriguez is a Honduran national (that would be in Central America for all the U.S. citizens that don't have even the most basic working knowledge of geography) and there is nothing to signify that he is (or ever WAS) in this country illegally. The police would have been MORE than happy to announce that to the slathering mob that is screaming for his head on a platter if he was. Also he was charged with DWI which could also mean that he was under the influence of countless drugs, including legal, physician prescribed ones that he was taking according to his doctors orders but was driving when he shouldn't have been due to the fact that his boss would have fired him for staying home from work.
So before you tell the world about your personal bigotries and accuse him of being a "drunk mexican" when "drunk" is what he was might not even have been accused of (and is yet to be proved) and "mexican" is just wrong; try getting the facts right and then let your fingers type.
Curious

Cameron, NC

#11 Oct 13, 2011
Luvy wrote:
BTW, he was from Honduras, not Mexico, but still, he was DRUNK and ILLEGAL!
Thank you for clarifying where he was from and please see above for the "DRUNK and ILLEGAL!" part.
Really

Elizabeth City, NC

#12 Oct 14, 2011
Victims sister wrote:
It was my brother who was killed by the drunk Mexican, my sister-in-law who suffered head injuries and broken bones in her back, and my sister who suffered a serious concussion to her head, pinned under the truck, glass embedded in her feet. My brother and the rest of my family were just going out to eat while on vacation, and now this tragedy has destroyed so many lives. My brother is the father of 3 young boys who worship the ground he walked on. He was a man with a huge heart who woulf help anyone. He did not deserve to die! The drunk driver survived and I'm goinna push for no bond because he may try to flee back to Mexico and avoid prosecution from the law, as many do. The KDH PD is responsible, as well as the drunk who stole a wonderful man's life! The serious injuries suffered by the rest of my family will haunt them forever but the pain of losing our brother, the boys' father, the wife's husband, will hurt forever. The drunk should have died, not a good, decent, hardworking man like JOE STORIE! You can read his obitutary online tomorrow at Evan's Funeral Home in Lenoir, NC. If you read it, you will see what a wonderful man he was and how deeply he was loved. Our lives will never be the same without him. We are heartbroken.
If you really ARE the "victims sister", WTF are you doing here on Topix? The last place I would be is here if I lost a brother or sister. You're either a phoney or an attention *****!
wow

Lenoir, NC

#13 Oct 31, 2011
the "drunk mexican" was an ILLEGAL alien. Maybe if he didnt jump the border and commit a crime this man would still be alive. He shouldn't have even been in the United States.
Ken

Maiden, NC

#14 Oct 31, 2011
Why does the liberal newspapers insist on leaving out the word, "illegal"? Instead, they listed the drunk driver as a "Honduran National". Illegal is illegal and the newspapers should print the truth, not pussyfoot around the facts like they do. How many foreign "nationals" in this country illegally have killed innocent U.S. citizens, brought illegals drugs into the U.S, and raped women? I bet the numbers are mush higher than anyone would think!
Ken

Maiden, NC

#15 Oct 31, 2011
* sorry about the misspelled words, I'm hitting 67 years old and am about blind but I am not blind to the problem with illegal immigration!
Ken

Maiden, NC

#16 Oct 31, 2011
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it "has to do mostly with the fact that" many locals (like too many U.S. citizens) automatically believe that if you are of latino heritage you are a) from mexico and b) here illegally.
Mr. Rodriguez is a Honduran national (that would be in Central America for all the U.S. citizens that don't have even the most basic working knowledge of geography) and there is nothing to signify that he is (or ever WAS) in this country illegally. The police would have been MORE than happy to announce that to the slathering mob that is screaming for his head on a platter if he was. Also he was charged with DWI which could also mean that he was under the influence of countless drugs, including legal, physician prescribed ones that he was taking according to his doctors orders but was driving when he shouldn't have been due to the fact that his boss would have fired him for staying home from work.
So before you tell the world about your personal bigotries and accuse him of being a "drunk mexican" when "drunk" is what he was might not even have been accused of (and is yet to be proved) and "mexican" is just wrong; try getting the facts right and then let your fingers type.
You are so wrong. No one wants to be accused of being a racist by using the term illegal anymore. The legal citizens have less rights in this country than do the illegal, drunk driving, drug smuggling, raping, murdering illegals who sneak into our country every day. Something is wrong with this picture!
Tom

Maiden, NC

#17 Nov 16, 2011
NutsCluelessSpam wrote:
Yeah, while we are all very sad to hear of Mr. Storie's death, can we please refrain from all the "Drunk Mexican" references? I know you are grieving terribly but that is NOT helping matters. There are just as many of us drunk whites as there are drunk everyone elses.
Drunk illegals kill 12 Americans every day in this country. Look it up for yourself, it's easy to google and verify. Most of the 30+ million illegals in the U.S. happen to be from Mexico, too. Google that!
Tom

Maiden, NC

#18 Nov 16, 2011
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really ARE the "victims sister", WTF are you doing here on Topix? The last place I would be is here if I lost a brother or sister. You're either a phoney or an attention *****!
I am Ken's friend and he led me to this post. YOU are a totally ignorant, heartless, lowlife, scumbag, POS, who does not deserve to even breathe the same air everyone else does. Attacking the victim's grieving family is low. Maybe one of you family members will be killed in a senseless, avoidable accident and then you may get attacked by idiots (like yourself) when you want to express your feelings and grief over your loss. FU, you sorry bastard. To the victim's family, you are in my thoughts and prayers, and YES, you have every right to express your anger and grief over this situation. Ignore idiots such as the one who is attacking you. They ahve the mentality of a 10 year old.
Tom

Maiden, NC

#19 Nov 16, 2011
*have

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kill Devil Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
All Car & Truck Repair of Roanoke Island (AKA) ... (Jul '09) 19 hr rhonda 46
Wanted: Willard Eugene Dillon III Jul 18 Miklos Dora 27
Nags Head Shooting Range? (Oct '09) Jul 12 Gramps 19
Beach Toplessness. Jun 27 Avalon Arsenal 2
the music thread (Mar '12) Jun '17 Musikologist 34
Noted Outer Banks Boat Builder Buddy Davis Dies (Jan '11) Jun '17 cbmccoy 15
Nags Head methadone clinic near bowling alley? Jun '17 Steve Marconi 2

Kill Devil Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kill Devil Hills Mortgages