King William, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

If you owned a business and had an employee retire would you still let them have a company car to drive his family around and pay for his gas?Should Dare County allow it?
Southern man

Kill Devil Hills, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

OBX Tax payer wrote:
If you owned a business and had an employee retire would you still let them have a company car to drive his family around and pay for his gas?Should Dare County allow it?
Come on, let it out. Who is it? Yeah, I agree, sounds sketchy. Is it any worse than town employees standing around smoking cigs on my dime?
Or how about the median in front of lowes gets put in then gets took out in a half fast way with gravel and sand all over the turning lane. I think we are going to see more and more whistle blowing with this BS. I think we all have had just about enough of this type of waste.
Steves bottle

Wendell, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

OBX Tax payer wrote:
It can easily be checked out...give the name.
sandman

Kill Devil Hills, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Is that the same as the health department employee that goes in just to punch the clock and return home with a county vehicle and spend the day. That has been going on for over 4 years now with a certain employee and it happens most days of the week. Not sure if that individual should be fired or their supervisor. In a way it's not a surprise because the certain individual supported Obama after all. Cheating the taxpayer is the way they roll!!!
Tattle Tale

Wade, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

What if it's the Captian who is running his lawn sprinkler business out of the EOC?
Steves bottle

Wendell, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Why post info if you're not going to give a name...cowards,
obx

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

damn....I wish I had known I could have done that.
sandman

Kill Devil Hills, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Steves bottle wrote:
Why post info if you're not going to give a name...cowards,
I followed protocol and reported it to a certain county commissioner and it fell on deaf ears.
What the hell good would telling you do if the county knowingly allows it?
Public

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

The court of public opinion might get the person(s) fired or may have the deaf ears commissioner lose his seat next election, that's how
sandman

Kill Devil Hills, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Tattle Tale wrote:
What if it's the Captian who is running his lawn sprinkler business out of the EOC?
What is EOC?
Tattle Tale

Wade, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

sandman wrote:
<quoted text>
What is EOC?
Look it up
richie

Winterville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

The Captain whom is running the lawn / irrigation business would be charlie nieman, the same onw . The EOC would be the Emergency operations center.

The Retired employee riding around, running errands, getting groceries in a county vehicle, burning county gas, would be Ret. Major Norman Johnson. Since the issue was brought up he has now been put on "Reserve Status", but in my mind a county owned (beiing tax payer funded) vehicle should not be used as a personal vehicle.
Steves bottle

Wendell, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

richie wrote:
The Captain whom is running the lawn / irrigation business would be charlie nieman, the same onw . The EOC would be the Emergency operations center.
The Retired employee riding around, running errands, getting groceries in a county vehicle, burning county gas, would be Ret. Major Norman Johnson. Since the issue was brought up he has now been put on "Reserve Status", but in my mind a county owned (beiing tax payer funded) vehicle should not be used as a personal vehicle.
Thank you....and I agree.
Morgan McAllister

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

richie wrote:
Actually, Norman Johnson is employed part time by the sheriff's office, not on reserve status. He is still working cases (managing 3 different divisions), in addition to training new officers. How about you know what you're talking about before you try to dirty a good officer's name; one that's given way more to this county than has been acknowledged or appreciated.

Or have the balls to say it to his face.
yes

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if "Richie" has been arrested a time or two for crimes in Dare County. Norman Johnson is an honorable man that has served the County in law enforcement and volumteer EMT. How about you, Richie or Steve's bottle? Have either of you done anthing to help make this place better and safer? Is that crickets I hear chirping?
Steves bottle

Wendell, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

yes wrote:
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if "Richie" has been arrested a time or two for crimes in Dare County. Norman Johnson is an honorable man that has served the County in law enforcement and volumteer EMT. How about you, Richie or Steve's bottle? Have either of you done anthing to help make this place better and safer? Is that crickets I hear chirping?
I've always paid my taxes on time, participated in numerous community watch programs, worked as life guard for 6 years in Dare County, have been on 3 different boards with local government in Dare County and am a major supporter and participant for Relay for Life for Dare County.

While I never spend all night at 7-11, I'd like to thank I do my little part.

Sorry for the chirps, I was helping a neighbor move.
yes

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Steves bottle wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always paid my taxes on time, participated in numerous community watch programs, worked as life guard for 6 years in Dare County, have been on 3 different boards with local government in Dare County and am a major supporter and participant for Relay for Life for Dare County.
I say bullcrap. If you had done even ONE of those things you say you have then you would know what kind of man Norman Johnson is. You are simply a wannabe tough guy.
you are an idiot

Siler City, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Steves bottle wrote:
<quoted text>I've always paid my taxes on time, participated in numerous community watch programs, worked as life guard for 6 years in Dare County, have been on 3 different boards with local government in Dare County and am a major supporter and participant for Relay for Life for Dare County.

Ms. smug can now add liar and hypocrite to that long list of attributes.
Steves bottle

Wendell, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

you are an idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
Ms. smug can now add liar and hypocrite to that long list of attributes.
Smug
Liar
Hypocrite

Well, at least you're not using curse words any longer. You still have a ways to go before you can join the adult conversation though.
Steves bottle

Wendell, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

yes wrote:
<quoted text>
I say bullcrap. If you had done even ONE of those things you say you have then you would know what kind of man Norman Johnson is. You are simply a wannabe tough guy.
I believe you're letting the personal feelings you have for Mr. Johnson cloud your thought process. Go back a read what you wrote.

Please tell me how paying my taxes on time would make me know what kind of man Norman Johnson is. Is he also a tax collector for the town and county?

Please tell me how being involved in community watch events would make me know what kind of man Norman Johnson is? Does Mr. Johnson oversea community watch events for local police departments?

Please tell me how being a lifeguard for 6 years in the early to mid 80s would make me know what kind of man Norman Johnson is? Was he also a lifeguard? Never knew it.

Please tell me how volunteering for a beach clean up, board of adjustments and carnival committees would make me know what kind of man Norman Johnson is? To my knowledge, he was never a member of any of those committees while I was there.

Please tell me how being a big supporter of Relay for Life would make me know what kind of man Norman Johnson is? Has he ever done the walk, raised money, set up equipment, donated his time, gathered gifts for silent auctions, manned a booth or cleaned the grounds afterwards? Maybe he has, but I've not heard his name.

Finally, please tell me how ANYTHING I listed portrays me as a “wannabe tough guy.” That doesn’t even make sense. Did you even mean to write that?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of39
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Kill Devil Hills Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Kill Devil Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••