First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Vacationer

United States

#1 May 4, 2010
My buddies and I vacation on the OBX every year and make it a point to stop in Mermaids. The last couple of years it seems to have progressively been going down hill. I have heard news that the owner has sold it and it has possibly been purchased by another night club owner. Does anybody know anything about this? Will it still be a gentlemen's club or are they converting it to another type of establishment. Thanks for any info.
Southern S Local

Windsor, NC

#2 May 4, 2010
I think they just changed the name, same owner and same toothless women I don't want to see naked. I has not been going down hill, it has been at the bottom for a dozen years. Look at the local Hooters, they can't find any great looking women here.
Info for Vacationer

Sneads Ferry, NC

#3 May 4, 2010
The owners are new. The name is now Headlights. It is still a gentlemen's club. The dancers are coming in from Va.
no one

Roanoke Rapids, NC

#4 May 4, 2010
Info for Vacationer wrote:
The owners are new. The name is now Headlights. It is still a gentlemen's club. The dancers are coming in from Va.
It's utterly amazing to see what vacationers spend their money on.
Bring Georges

Manteo, NC

#5 May 4, 2010
no one wrote:
<quoted text>It's utterly amazing to see what vacationers spend their money on.
That's why they call it Vacation. I love a good tt bar btw.
misspriss

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#6 May 4, 2010
no one wrote:
Says the person from VA???
lol

Henderson, NC

#7 May 4, 2010
no one wrote:
You meant to say "udderly" right? lol
lol

Henderson, NC

#8 May 4, 2010
misspriss wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the person from VA???
Just because someone's ISP shows from Va or whereever does not mean that is where they are. Believe me, I'm not sitting in Wilson, NC right now. I'm right here in KDH.
Not Worth IT

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#9 May 4, 2010
Mermaids is by far the worst strip club I've ever been to in my life. I would never consider spending a dime in there again. It's not going down hill. It started at the bottom. Complete trash. In the first place why would anyone want to go to a strip club that was not totally nude? What's the point? Bible belt bullshit.
Just my Opinion

Raleigh, NC

#10 May 5, 2010
I went to headlights in ecity one time with my boyfriend and some of his buddies (I was the DD and being a totally cool girl friend) I have to say that the girls were very attractive and I thought they were very good. Earned every penny those boys shelled out. LOL. I would say try it out. It is probably worth a shot.
Hannah Henchman

Spanish Fort, AL

#12 May 6, 2010
Weird question--Any regulars know if the new management for Headlights is hiring waitresses?
local

Kingsport, TN

#14 May 6, 2010
Me and my buddies used to go to Mermaids every Friday back in it's heyday in 98-99. It was always packed on the weekends. There were some fun, good-looking dancers there back in the day when "Nancy", "Fantasia", "Marina", "Faith", and the original crew were there. After that it all went to hell. And what was up with the old lady that dressed and acted like she was something we wanted to look at? lol! I'm glad to hear new owners are taking over. I'll have to revisit that place.
Ralph

Moncure, NC

#15 May 7, 2010
Can anyone recommend a strip club that features lactating dancers? My friend is getting married and it's the only thing that excites him.
Southern S Local

Windsor, NC

#16 May 10, 2010
The County records still show Robert London as the owner of that bar and the farm next door and he has been since 1984. He has been loosing property to foreclosures so maybe he lost this one too but the county has not updated their records yet.
Darnell Maurice Smith

Manteo, NC

#17 May 11, 2010
I show hope they gets better white womens in there. The ones they got haves no teef, but dat okay. They asses too amall and flat. Like cottage cheese. Can't shimmy and clap dat shit.
Lap It Up

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#18 May 11, 2010
Not Worth IT wrote:
Mermaids is by far the worst strip club I've ever been to in my life. I would never consider spending a dime in there again. It's not going down hill. It started at the bottom. Complete trash. In the first place why would anyone want to go to a strip club that was not totally nude? What's the point? Bible belt bullshit.
Bottomless or totally nude is "illegal" in NC. Two of my bust friends work the Gentlemans Club in Charlotte and they hate NC law. They both work Atlanta and one works MD and they are "Nude" they have less trouble, happier customers whom pay more money. And no, Mr London has nothing to do with Headlights Currituck. He will end up making $ on beating the county over the use of that property.
KTgirl

Spring Hope, NC

#19 Jun 14, 2010
I applied for a job as a stripper. I took my clothes off and they kicked me out. Apparently it's bad for business when customers vomit.
20 Year Resident

Manteo, NC

#20 Jun 14, 2010
I applied for a position sniffing girl farts (pronounced as one word)
Too many douchebags

Angier, NC

#21 Jun 14, 2010
KTgirl wrote:
I applied for a job as a stripper. I took my clothes off and they kicked me out. Apparently it's bad for business when customers vomit.
Idk who you are, but I do know there is no possible way you are over the age 16, not judging from the way you are acting. You must have nothing better to with your life than to use my screename and post on every single topic. Seriously dude, grow up. Perhaps you need to be eaten by a pit bull....might teach you a lesson...

~former KTgirl
Barbie

United States

#23 Sep 6, 2012
I now work at what was mermaids. It is now HEADLIGHTS GOGO. Topless upstairs, bikini downstairs, full liquor. There are NO ugly women here. We are all top notch. The new owner has penthouse standards. Not everyone can work for HL. You should really come check us out!!! U won't be disappointed...
Vacationer wrote:
My buddies and I acation on the OBX every year and make it a point to stop in Mermaids. The last couple of years it seems to have progressively been going down hill. I have heard news that the owner has sold it and it has possibly been purchased by another night club owner. Does anybody know anything about this? Will it still be a gentlemen's club or are they converting it to another type of establishment. Thanks for any info.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kill Devil Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
okay so who served missy marvin last (Apr '09) 15 hr qwerty 45
rip off con artist "outer banks vent & cleaning" Tue Martha Caton 3
too many tourists Aug 15 Solstice 1
ABC Towing Aug 13 Chevyman 1
Wanted: Willard Eugene Dillon III (Jan '17) Aug 12 Mock Majet 28
Best Friends Run For Office Aug 10 Retired KDH Employee 10
adult fun (Mar '14) Aug 8 girI2girI 11

Kill Devil Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance