Trial to begin today in death of teen

Trial to begin today in death of teen

There are 26 comments on the News-journal.com story from Apr 24, 2006, titled Trial to begin today in death of teen. In it, News-journal.com reports that:

A Gregg County jury of seven women and five men was selected Monday to decide the fate of Daniel Massey, a Longview teen accused by prosecutors of killing 17-year-old Joshua Petrea in May.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News-journal.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mom

Medford, OR

#22 Nov 5, 2012
crystal wrote:
Dakota massie is My nephew, i was never able to look at this case until now, years later, what a sick sad mind, he took so much in the worst way. I have never told My son about this and totally disconnected from Dakotas dysfunctional family. What cowards, breaks My heart for Joshua and family. And Dakota is white trash, not Mexican.
thank you....we are all sorry this happened. May God have mercy on him even though he showed none to my son.
Huff

Edgewood, TX

#23 Mar 14, 2013
Just reading random stuff on the internet and I somehow came across this. I think about you all the time Josh, how all those damn tweeters in your truck would annoy me lol, or the crazy games we would make up at tennis practice. Every year on my birthday I think of what happened that day so many years ago. I am happy we had a lot of fun on your last day with us, I miss you man.
Massies sister

United States

#24 Feb 4, 2014
This the first time I have actually looked on here.. What my brother was involved in was not right,that I do agree but it will be him to answer to god..but all you people talking down on him do not know the whole story nor do you know him.. Yes the petrea family has and does stay in my prayers. Their family did have loss ,so did mine and my life changed forever.. But talking down on my brother go ahead, god is the only one who can judge!But really the one who said that he was your nephew.. Screw you..
Brother

Gilmer, TX

#25 Jul 10, 2014
Massies sister wrote:
This the first time I have actually looked on here.. What my brother was involved in was not right,that I do agree but it will be him to answer to god..but all you people talking down on him do not know the whole story nor do you know him.. Yes the petrea family has and does stay in my prayers. Their family did have loss ,so did mine and my life changed forever.. But talking down on my brother go ahead, god is the only one who can judge!But really the one who said that he was your nephew.. Screw you..
How can you sit there and honestly say "We weren't the only ones with a loss". You brother didn't get stabbed to death 72 times and beat at gun point. So how dare you even say that! I don't blame you for being mad that my cousin said that. But the decisions your brother made is why he is locked up.
Homie

United States

#26 Nov 4, 2014
Hello Everybody,
You´ll probably don’t know me, and I don’t expect you to know me. But I am a person that knew each one of those kids back then in the days. I was very close to the Cortez family and my cousin used to go out with Daniel Massie back in Junior High School at PT. Anyways, all I want to say is first of all, Daniel is no Mexican, alright? Second, we all, including Josh, including you or me and every single human in this world make mistakes. SO PLEASE DON´T JUDGE, and finally, all I want to say, is that if someone still visits and talks to any of those kids; Daniel, Ricardo, Terry or even Maria… ask them if it was worth it? Ask them if the cholo life, the badass life, the “I am all that shit” life was worth or is still worth it. I am sorry to be so rude like that, but is the true. Thanks to God, and thanks to the support of my family, I got out of that crap on time, now I can say that I am very happy and proud to hold a degree on my hands and that I was probably a pus*y back in the days, but not anymore. I rather be remember as that, because now I can hold my family and hug my kids and thank God I was I pussy. God bless everybody, including Josh´s family, Cortez family, Massie Family and even Maria´s family. Peace!
crystal

Atlanta, TX

#27 Feb 4, 2015
Here we are so many years after Josh was taken from us we still feel ur presence and still miss you daily.I love you josh and i know you didnt have a mean bone on your body so im trying to take what you have taught is to do so im sry josh i cant forgive them yet but im working on it.I truly feel sry for some of their family just like u would have i love you cuz and we will see you again

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kilgore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Kilgore, TX (Aug '10) May 31 waiting for an an... 31
texas rangers decision May 27 no1important 11
Dog groomer May 24 William 1
Dog groomer May 24 Super 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 20 Banfartos 708
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 19 Fartdog 843
News Sharon Daniels takes Jimerson's plea offer (Mar '07) May 11 Sharon Young 82
More from around the web

Kilgore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]