Jury deliberating in beating trial

Jury deliberating in beating trial

There are 9 comments on the News-journal.com story from Apr 21, 2007, titled Jury deliberating in beating trial. In it, News-journal.com reports that:

Following closing statements from the plaintiff and the defense in a civil case involving a Linden beating, an 11-woman, one-man jury began deliberating around 11:20 a.m. today on whether and how much money ... via News-journal.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News-journal.com.

Misty

United States

#1 Apr 25, 2007
i think all 4 men should have been charged with a hate crime, and whatever else they could have thrown at those bastards. I know Billy Ray personally and he wouldn't hurt a fly. I just don't understand how in this day in age how people could be so damn cruel. Somebody need to take all 4 of them and beat the hell out of them and lay them in some damn ants. Dumb asses.
lonesome

Henderson, TX

#2 Apr 25, 2007
you can bet that a bunch of lawyers are slobberin and rubbin their greedy hands on this one, that man won"t get near the nine mil he was awarded,
Micky

Watertown, MA

#3 May 1, 2007
What is going on in Linden Texas???- the eyes of the world are upon you.
This is a true horror story that money cannot erase.
Disallusioned

Henderson, TX

#4 May 14, 2007
It is horrendous, Misty, but seems to be happening more and more. I have seen and read more things like this in my lifetime than I care to see or read.
Disallusioned

Henderson, TX

#5 May 18, 2007
Goodness! Now Rusk County, AND the Chief in Tatum has been fired. How many does that make? This is a scary trend. A trend I, for one, do not like. Is the screening process faulty? How can so many departments have so many problems in this area?
Sara

Richardson, TX

#6 May 22, 2007
Hate crime? I a about to move to E. Texas to open a small business. I am a minority...will I be in danger in a small town?
Forever an Outsider

United States

#7 Jul 7, 2012
Criminals run the town, and the criminal justice system couldn't be more appropriately named. It's as dirty as a floorhands boots. All about a dying town feeding off it's poor and an organized ring of criminals running the country's drug trade,.
To the minority thinking about opening a business here, forget it, they will shut you down or beat you down, one way or another.There is so much dirty laundry covered up here they put all of the county records in in abandoned building and burned it to the ground.
LOL

Longview, TX

#8 Jul 7, 2012
Sara wrote:
Hate crime? I a about to move to E. Texas to open a small business. I am a minority...will I be in danger in a small town?
There are good and bad people everywhere. Get a life. If this is how you think, YOU DONT NEED TO BE IN BUSINESS. If you can't see beyond the few, then you can't servce the many.
Forever an Outsider

United States

#9 Jul 14, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
There are good and bad people everywhere. Get a life. If this is how you think, YOU DONT NEED TO BE IN BUSINESS. If you can't see beyond the few, then you can't servce the many.
The few? You mean the two or three white people that AREN'T racists?

Business, what business? Anyone living in Linden that has a job either cuts and trucks logs for international paper or works out of town, or works in one of a very few businesses that have no competition.

Anyone trying to start a competing business is quickly ran out of town. These people call themselves Christians for the most part, but they are nothing but hypocrites and liars. The churches are segregated and there is institutionalized racism prevalent. You cannot be a true Christian and have forced segregation in your church.
Outsiders moving in from out of town, especially those with the potential to compete with and drive existing businessmen out of business are treated with suspicion, organized gangstalking and contempt. No, it is NOT a good place for a minority to come and start a business, and mainly because of backasswards people like YOU. The thing I find most disturbing is how people known to guilty of very serious crimes are protected from prosecution, and if you speak out about it you become a target of well organized persecution.
If a tornado came and wiped the the whole town off the face of the Earth (not hoping for anyone to get hurt or die), the Earth would be cleansed of place it would be better off without, Perhaps being forced to live amongst normal people in normal towns would show these 'people' the error of their ways. Persecuting and oppressing the guiltless gets God's attention, that's why Linden is a dying town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kilgore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb 4 Candle farts 847
Teresa Lewis at Eventful Creations in Longview Feb 3 Lori 33
News Ku Klux Klan literature found at Hallsville homes (May '08) Jan '16 Angela35 75
looking for family need help (Oct '11) Dec '15 Jackie Mitchell 4
News Sharon Daniels takes Jimerson's plea offer (Mar '07) Dec '15 Mmlove1 85
Watch out for Trey (Mar '11) Dec '15 Anonymous 13
News Newcomer seeks election as constable Dec '15 tomcat 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kilgore Mortgages