Walgreens seeks to open store in Nanakuli - Business

Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

Walgreens is going West - to Nanakuli that is. The Deerfield, Ill.-based drugstore chain, which entered the market late last year to compete with Longs Drugs , is negotiating what would be its eighth location ...
Comments
41 - 52 of 52 Comments Last updated Jun 15, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Connie

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2011

American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!! This is one of the funniest posts Ive ever read!
So as a born here part Hawaiian you agree with the transplanted Haole when he posts disrespects to your own people. What a fcking traitor you are to do that. This proves your as MAHU as a $3 dollar bill because you do that to your own race just for some BALLS.
felons love Obama

Ewa Beach, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2011

Connie is Harry, just like most of the rest of the Honolulu posts are Harry, no matter what name it's under. I had a list but it grew too large. Harry is either a desperate, pudgy little whining, trouble-making jew, or a tweaker. I suspect the former.
Star of david

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2011

felons love Obama wrote:
Connie is Harry, just like most of the rest of the Honolulu posts are Harry, no matter what name it's under. I had a list but it grew too large. Harry is either a desperate, pudgy little whining, trouble-making jew, or a tweaker. I suspect the former.
I resent the fact that you use the word JEW in disrespecting your topix opposition. What does that have to do with my Jewish ethinicity? Why bring my religion into your forum squabbles with others? I am Jewish and I am proud of it sir and if you think otherwise then you are truly a racist.
alice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2011

Judged:

you gotta love the Hawaiians pretending to be haoles and the haoles pretending to be Hawaiians. So funny really....
BlueBabe

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2011

Judged:

EEEeeeww!
Kekela

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2011

Judged:

EEEeeewww.
leeward lolo

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2011

welfares love Obama wrote:
<quoted text>First Walgreens, and that will attract more useless hair salons, tattoo parlors, and nail shops. Our Tittas are always trying to look better, but it's like Harlem or L.A. already. Now matter how much you heiffers pay to paint yourselves up to look good, you need to look at those jelly rolls, those thunder thighs, and reduce those humungous asses you have by about 2/3rds. Sell some of that gold on your lardy arms and buy some Weight-watcher meals. And while you're at it, how about pulling your too-small shirt down below your beer belly, it's sickening. And finally, look to see who might get hurt before you roll your 400 pond ass out of your jacked-up 4x4. Peace.
Hawaii has a new claim to fame: the nation's thinnest people.

Only 19.7 percent of islanders are overweight, according to a federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention study.

"We continue to be a moving population," said Claire Hughes, nutrition branch chief, state Department of Health. "Look at the elderly in the morning (swimming) at Ala Moana Beach."

But she warns: "We shouldn't rest on our laurels either because we are creeping up there."

Colorado followed Hawaii in the CDC study, with only 19.9 percent of its residents battling the bulge.

The states with the fattest folks: Alabama, Michigan, Mississippi, West Virginia and Wisconsin - all with 30 percent or more of adults overweight.

Good weather and a lot of outdoor activities help shape the slim figures in Hawaii and Colorado.

"We are very physically active here ...," said Joel Hanna, University of Hawaii physiology professor. Also, he said, Hawaii has many immigrants who "typically aren't overfed. Then they tend to catch up."

The study was based on telephone surveys to determine body mass index. Women with body mass index over 27.3 and men with more than 27.8 were considered overweight.

Gov. Ben Cayetano weighed 198 pounds and had a body mass index of 32.02 when he started a low-fat diet with others Jan. 6, said Dr. Terry Shintani, who supervised the project. Weighing in Jan. 27 at the program's end, Shintani said Cayetano was 12 pounds lighter, with a body mass index of 30.08.

While Hawaii looks slim overall, Hughes said, "we have many people in trouble. And what is worrisome is the entire nation is creeping up in weight, including Hawaii."

http://archives.starbulletin.com/1997/02/03/n...
BORN and RAISED

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

If you had done your homework you would know that Hanalei is a He, Not a She. You sound so IGNORANT. Talking about things you know nothing about.
Blah Blah the Moke wrote:
"Nanakuli resident Hanalei Aipoalani, who is the secretary-treasurer for the Nanakuli-Maili Neighborhood Board, said having a nationally branded company like Walgreens in the neighborhood would not only create much-needed jobs, but stimulate the economy, help to ease traffic congestion and increase the time area residents spend with their families."
SAY WHAT? COME AGAIN?
The only jobs it will create are minimum wage, benefitless, with the bulk of them being only part time to avoid having to fork over for medical. And someone please tell me how this will allow people to spend more time with their families? Has someone identified the break down of the family unit being caused by people spending too much time traveling to stores?
Catch Hanalei on a day when she isn't bogarting the pipe. She will read what she said and crack up laughing.
Walgreen on the mainland is a joke and I can't imagine it being any different in Hawaii.
On a positive note, this will be a bonanza for the security guard companies. Build it in Nanakuli and you'll need one at the register, one or two outside, and one in each aisle to maintain order and control shoplifting.
As the economy disintegrates, this will be the first project pulled from Walgreen's master plan for Hawaii.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

I think Walgreen's would be NUTZ to open a store in Nanakuli. We already have two Long's, and Waianae Drugstore, Walmart, K Mart and a Target. They are using Walgreens to get their foot in Hawaiian homelands, and then develop. Hawaiian Homelands is for HOMES!
Joseph Martel

Waianae, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Most of those big shots writing simply do not know the fact. No Walgreen, same boat. When we we get it, if we get it. Minimum wages earning will know that minimum wage in Nanakuli is worth ten times more than miminum wage in town. But you know Town people, "Keep the country, country." Ha, they have conned us long enough. Now a little more industrial parks around here and "I coulda been home in 20 minutes." The Rail Fiasco liars are at it again.
Joseph Martel

Waianae, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Minimum wage in Nanakuli is worth ten times what it is worth in Downtown Honolulu. The cattle car buses are going to get worse. And then they are going to cut them off to force people on the Rail. Hey, buddy, I coulda been home in 20 minutes.
tommy

Waianae, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2014

Pizza stores, Longs, KFC, McDonald's, BOH --- Walgreens .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Kilauea Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Kilauea People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••