Hawaii joins prostitution crackdown on Craigslist - News

There are 20 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Nov 7, 2008, titled Hawaii joins prostitution crackdown on Craigslist - News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

A crackdown on prostitution ads on the Craigslist Web site has begun in partnership with attorneys general from 40 states, including Hawaii.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

KalihiResident

Honolulu, HI

#41 Nov 7, 2008
alice wrote:
yikes..who would patronize such services?
Thousands and Thousands of MEN seeking to satisfy their primal needs. Most businesses are suffering during this economic downturn, but those hostess bars parking lots are still VERY full everytime I drive past them! They seem unaffected by this recession. Primal needs and urges overwhelm and bypass the area of the brain responsible for logical thinking.
Cat Manapua

Saint George, UT

#42 Nov 7, 2008
You people all need to get laid more.

Since: Aug 08

United States

#43 Nov 7, 2008
Bank decree. The banks recieve no money, no tax, or cut on these high dollar transactions. This all ties into the comming crack-down on your first amendment rights, a crack-down which Obama will accelerate.

The people need to be controlled, their wages need to be taxed. 4 months of you year's income wages go to taxes which do not pass go, its delt directly to (foreign owned) private banks. This paper nor any media in the U.S. will report on it, you're being scammed, royally.
Chang

Aiea, HI

#44 Nov 7, 2008
I hate it when people start fear mongering. Izumi-Nitao should have just said terrorists or Al Qaeda uses Craig list for impact.
BUY-HAWAII

Honolulu, HI

#45 Nov 7, 2008
Rubba Slippa Man wrote:
Save prostitution from the crackdown!!!!!!!! Support your local gal.
Buy Hawaii First. Support your local businesses.
alice

Honolulu, HI

#46 Nov 7, 2008
Yikes..well korean bars are one thing but meeting a complete stranger with an angry pimp hiding out in her closet is another! Scary. men take too many risks.
alice

Honolulu, HI

#47 Nov 7, 2008
HPD is way too lazy and overpaid for what they do. They do not enforce the law. Plain and simple.

And look, I think commercializing intimacy is wrong. That should be a spiritual part of a loving and commtited relationship.
Willy

Portland, OR

#48 Nov 7, 2008
KalihiResident wrote:
<quoted text>those hostess bars parking lots are still VERY full everytime I drive past them!
Did you ever stop in to see WHY the lots are so full? Come on now, you can tell us.
not alices friend

Honolulu, HI

#49 Nov 7, 2008
Sounds like you've got experience in these matters.
Please share
Willy

Portland, OR

#50 Nov 7, 2008
alice wrote:
Scary. men take too many risks.
Yeah, like the one that took a chance on you last night. You sure scared the crap out of him!
alice

Honolulu, HI

#51 Nov 7, 2008
I treat men like gentlemen isf they deserve it. But I am Epicopalian and will not let any man touch me until marriage, if then.
Willy

Portland, OR

#52 Nov 7, 2008
alice wrote:
I treat men like gentlemen isf they deserve it. But I am Epicopalian and will not let any man touch me until marriage, if then.
Sounds a bit frigid to me. Lucky you live Hawaii. Maybe you'll thaw out over time.
alice

Honolulu, HI

#53 Nov 7, 2008
I doubt it. Most men here bore me. Most females I know are bored withmost of the men here.
surfercraze

Aiea, HI

#54 Nov 7, 2008
Its good to know we have great people working on this issue in our state. Thank you Deputy Izumi-Nitao. Crack down on those cruel people. Your office should be decorated as the office of Heros.
planejane

United States

#55 Nov 7, 2008
Ice Ice Baby wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with most of your points. However no one wants prostitution in their backyard. So where prostitutes be allowed to ply their trade?
I have lived in Europe for many years, so there most of the cities have what is called a reg light district.

I would legalize prostitution and move the district into the industrial area of the city. Or even in the Airport/Trainstation area, what would not be a residential part of town. By legalizing I feel it would take away a lot of the crime, and there will still be enough crime to fight without the pimps and that sort of thing. It is sort of funny to see how America is viewed as such a progressive country abroad, yet when it comes to issues like this they are still in the middle ages. There will always be prostitution, it is just how we deal with it that makes it tragic sometimes. If it is legal, we can tax it, the women get regular medical checkups that protects not only the customers but also their wifes and so on...
My Hubbie

Honolulu, HI

#56 Nov 7, 2008
"Where there's a female, there's always a need!" Famous words of Bill Clinton!!
alice

Honolulu, HI

#57 Nov 7, 2008
planejane is spot-on.
alice

Honolulu, HI

#58 Nov 7, 2008
i let anyone touch me. all you need is kala!
Willy

Portland, OR

#59 Nov 7, 2008
alice wrote:
i let anyone touch me. all you need is kala!
Change your name to easy Dora then.

BTW, how much kala did you say I would need?
Love Waianae

Waipahu, HI

#60 Nov 7, 2008
Hawaii is big on recycling, so I hope the girls recycle the condoms. Alice has my vote for that job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kihei Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hawaii Senate passes bill to extend Honolulu ge... Apr 15 LeCar 1
News Tam Ho not guilty in Maui incident - Hawaii News (Oct '09) Feb '15 Frustrated 43
Kula Music Thread Feb '15 Musikologist 2
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Jan '15 Musikologist 10
News Police probing fatal jump (Jul '07) Jan '15 Keoni alfapada 16
Rudeness (Mar '14) Jan '15 SoontoRetire 3
News Gas prices drop, but could it be more? Jan '15 Guru 2
More from around the web

Kihei People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]