Hawaii joins prostitution crackdown on Craigslist - News

A crackdown on prostitution ads on the Craigslist Web site has begun in partnership with attorneys general from 40 states, including Hawaii. Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Consumer

Honolulu, HI

#1 Nov 7, 2008
Why not any crackdowns on the Nigerian scammers on there? So many ,can't even post anything for sale without getting several emails. Yet nothing is done?
kcs4086

Redding, CA

#2 Nov 7, 2008
Consumer wrote:
Why not any crackdowns on the Nigerian scammers on there? So many ,can't even post anything for sale without getting several emails. Yet nothing is done?
Wow I could not agree more! this seems to be an even bigger problem, I have been really irritated everytime I post I get 5 or 6 scammers
John

Honolulu, HI

#3 Nov 7, 2008
I want the name and numbers of all those prostitutes. I need to conduct a more thorough investigation.
pgkemp

Honolulu, HI

#4 Nov 7, 2008
John wrote:
I want the name and numbers of all those prostitutes. I need to conduct a more thorough investigation.
they better not, or they may find some of our law enforcement people there in the rooms.........
The American Way

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#5 Nov 7, 2008
I'm really happy to see my tax dollars wasted like this.
TomTom

Honolulu, HI

#6 Nov 7, 2008
Legalize prostitution and tax it; think of all the extra revenue this would generate. Same for marijuana.
Love Waianae

Waipahu, HI

#7 Nov 7, 2008
They'll never make the charges stick. Look at what Bill Clinton did when he said, "Ah did NOT have sex .....with that woman..... Miss Lewinsky." So how are they going to crack down on "out-call very personal massages with a happy ending?" It's comical to think about, especially when the cops hang out with the same pimps they are supposedly after.
alice

Honolulu, HI

#8 Nov 7, 2008
yikes..who would patronize such services?
Consenting adult

Pearl City, HI

#9 Nov 7, 2008
Yah Yah, always got to have an EXCUSE with no credible evidence like "little kids cruise for hookers on criaglist" to sell the agenda of a few bigots.

It's because the "I wanna stop consenting adults quitely enjoying private property behind closed doors" excuse doesn't sell.

Kind of similar to the marijuana issue or the smoking in adults only bars issue for example. It doesn't sell unless you pretend that it's hurting kids or killing otherwise healthy people on the spot.
planejane

United States

#10 Nov 7, 2008
I am so glad to see Hawaii joining in. I believe that the laws should be adjusted though, and most of all, this is a business of supply and demand.

We chase the suppliers, the pimps, rightly so, but we should also start focusing on chasing the "demanders", the customer side. I have no problem with legalized prostitution, where there are a few houses in a town that will offer the services under a controlled setting, the women will be monitored by a physician on a regular basis, and there is really no need for pimps then, and the prostitution is removed from a lot of criminal activity.

My concern is the increase of child prostitution. The government is not doing enough to bring about more awareness and we all need to join to fight this sickening epidemic. So many children are being kidnapped every day to be used as slaves in this sickening business, and yes, it is a matter of supply and demand. Legalize prostitution, let's face it, it is one of the oldest businesses in the world, and will always be around. But we must fight child prostitution, get the customers and prosecute them to the fullest extend of the law, these pigs.
Hawayan

Princeville, HI

#11 Nov 7, 2008
Hoochie mama
onlyparadise

Mililani, HI

#12 Nov 7, 2008
craigslist has been a great service from buying and selling items to renting out properties
alice

Honolulu, HI

#13 Nov 7, 2008
I agree with Jane. But I also want the pimps consorting with the incompetent HPD off our streets. They are volatile and unstable.
Ice Ice Baby

Honolulu, HI

#14 Nov 7, 2008
Why do we have such a high tolerance for prostitution here in Hawai'i? Why do we have womens advocates groups saying that prostitutes have a right to be in Chinatown and Waikiki? Since when do people have a right to engage in illegal activity?

Either legalize such activity or crack down on it. If not, we have the worst of both worlds. If prostitution remains illegal, criminal elements surrounding such activity will abound.
Ice Ice Baby

Honolulu, HI

#15 Nov 7, 2008
planejane wrote:
I am so glad to see Hawaii joining in. I believe that the laws should be adjusted though, and most of all, this is a business of supply and demand.
We chase the suppliers, the pimps, rightly so, but we should also start focusing on chasing the "demanders", the customer side. I have no problem with legalized prostitution, where there are a few houses in a town that will offer the services under a controlled setting, the women will be monitored by a physician on a regular basis, and there is really no need for pimps then, and the prostitution is removed from a lot of criminal activity.
My concern is the increase of child prostitution. The government is not doing enough to bring about more awareness and we all need to join to fight this sickening epidemic. So many children are being kidnapped every day to be used as slaves in this sickening business, and yes, it is a matter of supply and demand. Legalize prostitution, let's face it, it is one of the oldest businesses in the world, and will always be around. But we must fight child prostitution, get the customers and prosecute them to the fullest extend of the law, these pigs.
I agree with most of your points. However no one wants prostitution in their backyard. So where prostitutes be allowed to ply their trade? Like I mentioned before, womens advocate groups are all for your proposals, yet would they want prostitution in their neighborhoods? Hell no!

Whether our legislatures legalize it or not, prostitution will be allowed only in areas such as Chinatown and Waikiki. But put yourself in the shoes of Chinatown and Waikiki residents who live near such areas. How would you feel about that?
alice

Honolulu, HI

#16 Nov 7, 2008
Ice baby is so right...and pimps engage in violence and drug deals as HPD, guts dragging on the road, watch and even enable it. Something is very wrong with mufi's law enforcement.
Willy

Portland, OR

#17 Nov 7, 2008
What's the problem? They're just trying to make a holesome living!
Cat Manapua

Saint George, UT

#18 Nov 7, 2008
Make hookin' legal.

Tax it.

Pay for the Train.
Ice Ice Baby

Honolulu, HI

#19 Nov 7, 2008
alice wrote:
I agree with Jane. But I also want the pimps consorting with the incompetent HPD off our streets. They are volatile and unstable.
The prostitutes themselves aren't the threat but the violence that goes along with such illegal trades is the problem. The same can be said about drug trafficking here in Hawai'i. If you were to legalize prostituion and illicit drugs then the gang violence associated with such illegal trades would be minimized. But then of course you would have other problems.
alice

Honolulu, HI

#20 Nov 7, 2008
willy! That's mean. Uncalled for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kihei Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you approve of Gilbert Keith-Agaran as State... Aug 30 J. Eagle 1
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Aug '14 Musikologist 9
Review: Aloha Gold Buyers LLC Aug '14 Marcus Leighman 1
Hawaii governor seeks to prime budget pump (Dec '07) Aug '14 Yellow Cab Driver 13
How we saved a bundle on a car in Maui by renti... Jun '14 elmar winkler 1
Review: Vishnevska, Nina MD - Nina Vishnevska MD (Mar '10) Jun '14 cat 5
Rudeness (Mar '14) May '14 Ron Brinkhurst 2
•••
•••
Kihei Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Kihei Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Kihei People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Kihei News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kihei
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••