MIT Coed With Fake Bomb `art' Arrested

An MIT student with what police feared was a fake bomb attached to her chest was arrested at gunpoint Friday at Logan International Airport and later claimed it was artwork, officials said. Full Story
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

“Arkansas Clinton Hack Liar”

Since: Dec 06

Freetown, USA

#222 Sep 23, 2007
Fred wrote:
On reading the idiotic arguments in favor of shooting suspects on sight it's easy to understand why we're now ruled by George W. Bush.
Sure, the young lady should have been questioned, but no sane person would want her prosecuted.
In WWII America fought to defeat fascism. Now we've embraced it.
God help America.
He's a MOONBAHT ( FRED ).

:P

Freetown, USA

#223 Sep 23, 2007
1) She had no actual reason for being at the airport other than to scare people.

2) She not only had a circuit board attched to a vest/shirt but also some molded clay that very much resembled a brick of C4 explosive. This is what is used in many places in Isreal by suicide bombers in night clubs and cafe's.

3) They should have shot her, asked later as many of these devices are time set.

And if Fred from FL don't like it here, he is Free to leave.

“Educate everyone.”

Since: Aug 07

Sacramento, California

#224 Sep 23, 2007
SETEC ASTRONOMY wrote:
1) She had no actual reason for being at the airport other than to scare people.
2) She not only had a circuit board attched to a vest/shirt but also some molded clay that very much resembled a brick of C4 explosive. This is what is used in many places in Isreal by suicide bombers in night clubs and cafe's.
3) They should have shot her, asked later as many of these devices are time set.
And if Fred from FL don't like it here, he is Free to leave.
Yeah...ok. I have a hunch you're the type who always gets in the last word.

“No one is free”

Since: Sep 07

when others are oppressed.

#225 Sep 23, 2007
SETEC ASTRONOMY wrote:
And if Fred from FL don't like it here, he is Free
to leave.
You are making stuff up. Why?

“Educate everyone.”

Sacramento, California

#226 Sep 23, 2007
Johnny13 wrote:
<quoted text>
He's the kind of guy who creates his own reality to win an argument. Just like..well...just like his idol....King Bush. If a President can get away with it, why shouldn't he?

Since: Feb 07

Whitman,Ma

#227 Sep 24, 2007
CZM137 wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, I wouldn't exactly condone someone wearing something like this so why would you consider her my hero or heroine, rather?
Secondly, this whole thing is very reflective of the cowardly fear that most of America and the rest of the world have. Why panic when fire is yelled into a crowded theater? Can you not see for yourself the flames or see/smell the smoke. Even if there really is a fire that you can't see or smell, you obviously have enough time to evacuate.
Bottom line is, fear = death. God favors not the fearful.[KJV - Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.]
Do you relley believe people like her believe in God. You had better start to look at society. People are rotten out there.They do what ever makes them feel good. I was born and raised in NC with Chrisyaian ideals. Now that I have been out in the rest of world for 55 years,I have a whole new prospective on people.This MIT student was seing how far she could push the envelope and she almost got it posted. She came very close to losing her life over her feel good crap. The Troopers at the airport had their guns drawn and they are excellent shooters.. That is how close this MOONBAT came to having her envelope postmarked to God.

“No one is free”

when others are oppressed.

#228 Sep 24, 2007
Wake up USA wrote:
<quoted text>This MIT student was seing how far she could push the envelope and she almost got it posted.
Link to a news source or a quote from someoen involved that says this. What you "feel" is not fact, especially when it is inopposition to what is likely, and what people involved are quoted saying.

“Confused? Wait 'til I explain”

Moreno Valley, CA

#229 Sep 24, 2007
Wake up USA wrote:
<quoted text>Do you relley believe people like her believe in God. You had better start to look at society. People are rotten out there.They do what ever makes them feel good. I was born and raised in NC with Chrisyaian ideals. Now that I have been out in the rest of world for 55 years,I have a whole new prospective on people.This MIT student was seing how far she could push the envelope and she almost got it posted. She came very close to losing her life over her feel good crap. The Troopers at the airport had their guns drawn and they are excellent shooters.. That is how close this MOONBAT came to having her envelope postmarked to God.
Wow I really have to go with Johnny on this. Ii is a shame you have such a jaded out look on life. I thought that you "folks" were taught to see the good in everything. I could spend days saying all the good people do and where people are not rotten. Glass half full, glass half empty, I suppose. If everyone did what they felt we would still have laws. Besides like it was said true "Feelings" are not facts. They change. A reasonable person is not guided by them. That is why we say Someone is being emotional. I would say everyone here is being emotional, if not unresonable. Lots of assumptions going on. In this action I would say that she was definitely not reasonable. But rotten, No. Was it stupid. Yes. But kill her for, Heck no. That is INSANE. But as far All People being rotten, even if they were they would still be laws. Even Pirates established Robert's Rules of Order. You know honor among thieves and all.

Since: Feb 07

Whitman,Ma

#230 Sep 24, 2007
Johnny13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Link to a news source or a quote from someoen involved that says this. What you "feel" is not fact, especially when it is inopposition to what is likely, and what people involved are quoted saying.
Go on line and read it in the BostonHerald.com

Freetown, USA

#231 Sep 25, 2007
Johnny13 wrote:
<quoted text>
What was made up? ALL these FACTS came from BOSTON NEWS REPORTS as it happened !

Freetown, USA

#232 Sep 25, 2007
StarAnise wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow I really have to go with Johnny on this. Ii is a shame you have such a jaded out look on life. I thought that you "folks" were taught to see the good in everything. I could spend days saying all the good people do and where people are not rotten. Glass half full, glass half empty, I suppose. If everyone did what they felt we would still have laws. Besides like it was said true "Feelings" are not facts. They change. A reasonable person is not guided by them. That is why we say Someone is being emotional. I would say everyone here is being emotional, if not unresonable. Lots of assumptions going on. In this action I would say that she was definitely not reasonable. But rotten, No. Was it stupid. Yes. But kill her for, Heck no. That is INSANE. But as far All People being rotten, even if they were they would still be laws. Even Pirates established Robert's Rules of Order. You know honor among thieves and all.
In your scinerio of glass half full, and judging from your remarks:

Had Star Simpson been a real suicide bomber, and people died in an explosion there, what would your posts be then?

Would you be berating the Mass State Police, and Homeland Security, and blaming Bush?

When it comes to enlightened "objectors" like you, no one wins.

“Confused? Wait 'til I explain”

United States

#233 Sep 25, 2007
SETEC ASTRONOMY wrote:
<quoted text>
In your scinerio of glass half full, and judging from your remarks:
Had Star Simpson been a real suicide bomber, and people died in an explosion there, what would your posts be then?
Would you be berating the Mass State Police, and Homeland Security, and blaming Bush?
When it comes to enlightened "objectors" like you, no one wins.
You are doing exactly what I said and proving my point...If, If, If. But she was not a suicide bomber. IF that were the case Then I suppose I may look at it different. How do I know? It is not the case. I do not deal in speculation. I deal with facts. So I deal with the REAL world because life is real, and real is life.
People are Stupid

United States

#234 Sep 25, 2007
The girl did nothing wrong. Lighten up people, and develop some common sense.

Freetown, USA

#235 Sep 25, 2007
StarAnise wrote:
<quoted text>
You are doing exactly what I said and proving my point...If, If, If. But she was not a suicide bomber. IF that were the case Then I suppose I may look at it different. How do I know? It is not the case. I do not deal in speculation. I deal with facts. So I deal with the REAL world because life is real, and real is life.
There was no way of knowing that, these officers are not explosive/munitions experts or members of bomb squad. There was no way or time to test the material she wore ( fake C4 - clay brick.

The terrorists observe, and exploit our weakness against us, and people with attitudes like yours can only enable them.

Apparently you just don't get it yet.

Freetown, USA

#236 Sep 25, 2007
Dont like it now, what happens when the FBI lowers the "Bomb" on her with some Federal Charges that come to mind.
Old Bars Man

United States

#237 Sep 27, 2007
StarAnise wrote:
<quoted text>
In the law enforcement business the people who do joke about those like you who do not, however, will bash the next day from the security of your padded chair. Have you ever been shot at, been robbed or had that person follow you on a dark night seemingly stalking you? The security had seconds to make a judgement of how to ensure the safety of hundreds of people, you have had days to rehash those actions. I would give anything to see you act in the face of potential danger, if you had been security at the airport, what would have been the second thing you would have done,(after cleaning your draws)?
Sam Adams

United States

#238 Sep 27, 2007
Seems like the standards of MIT have slipped a tad. If she wanted to make fashion statement at the airport, I'm sure she could find something else in her closet.

“Educate everyone.”

Sacramento, California

#239 Sep 27, 2007
Old Bars Man wrote:
<quoted text>
In the law enforcement business the people who do joke about those like you who do not, however, will bash the next day from the security of your padded chair. Have you ever been shot at, been robbed or had that person follow you on a dark night seemingly stalking you? The security had seconds to make a judgement of how to ensure the safety of hundreds of people, you have had days to rehash those actions. I would give anything to see you act in the face of potential danger, if you had been security at the airport, what would have been the second thing you would have done,(after cleaning your draws)?
"Old Bars Man"? Ok...picture you're standing in the airport with your family when this chick walks in. Would you want some trigger happy security guard drawing down on her and firing with you family standing anywhere NEAR her?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kihei Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hawaii homes not among top 10 (Sep '09) Dec 5 Bmused Artwork 4
Monsanto files suit in effort to block Maui's G... Nov '14 Joe Balls 3
Do you approve of Gilbert Keith-Agaran as State... Aug '14 J. Eagle 1
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Aug '14 Musikologist 9
Review: Aloha Gold Buyers LLC Aug '14 Marcus Leighman 1
Hawaii governor seeks to prime budget pump (Dec '07) Aug '14 Yellow Cab Driver 13
How we saved a bundle on a car in Maui by renti... Jun '14 elmar winkler 1
Kihei Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Kihei People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Kihei News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kihei

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:43 pm PST