MIT Coed With Fake Bomb `art' Arrested

MIT Coed With Fake Bomb `art' Arrested

There are 218 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Sep 21, 2007, titled MIT Coed With Fake Bomb `art' Arrested. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

An MIT student with what police feared was a fake bomb attached to her chest was arrested at gunpoint Friday at Logan International Airport and later claimed it was artwork, officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

“Educate everyone.”

Since: Aug 07

Sacramento, California

#200 Sep 22, 2007
Lawdog wrote:
I would miss ya !! You would probably get a nice plaque at the airport.
<quoted text>
Yeah. The plaque would probably read; "In memory of the guy standing next to the gal wearing the shirt with the flashy lights that we swear up and down looked like a bomb."

“Confused? Wait 'til I explain”

Since: Sep 07

Poway, CA

#201 Sep 22, 2007
Johnny wrote:
Draw the line where ever you want Anise. It comes down to a big freakout over a light up shirt. This could happen to you. It probably won't be because you built something, but you could end up getting shot because of a cell phone in your hand, or for walking away from your suitcase to get a soft drink. Nothing indicates that this was a stunt. She is a woman who wears a light up shirt. My bicycle is covered in lights like that for visability. Do I need to worry about getting shot if the president comes to town? Is everyone going to say I had it coming, cause I am stupid and should have known better than to ride such a bike with a sitting president in my city? The anger is misplaced.
And you did say playduh again. It is called Play Doh in case you don't know. I thought you were making a snide comment, but maybe you don't know.
My intention was to say play duh. And your examples continue to be outside the venue of an airport. Security is extremely tight at airports these days. Right or wrong we are at war. Right or wrong this is a fact. Nothing about this was humorous in any way. She thought of no one but herself. This is not about a fashion statement. Explosives ansd detonators come in all sizes. I am really sorry if you do not want these people to not have been scared. But they were. And they angry. And you can not tell them that they weren't . And that alone is reason enough to take action. You can not say that they did not feel how they feel. Fear is fear dude. That is all there is to that emotion is fear. There is no reason to put someone down for being concerned about our country, which by the way I find really sh!tty. So instead of being divded maybe, try united. Because the terrorists only have won if we don't have an understanding of how each other feel. Even men of courage have fear. So fear is not a weakness, it is an awarness that there can be a threat or may be a threat and to be prepared. There is nothing wrong with that, is there?
reza june

Richmond, VA

#202 Sep 22, 2007
Hillarity Whitewater wrote:
What the hell is adgenda?
A typo, stupid!
Legalize Prostitution

United States

#203 Sep 22, 2007
Her boyfriend should give her a grand night of sexual intercourse. Maybe, she will stop acting like she played a "flute at band camp" look at her hair, I would have arrested her just for looking like a lesbian. Step up to the plate boyfriend, this woman needs you to satisfy her, so she doesn't do this stupid stuff to get attention from other men!

“Educate everyone.”

Sacramento, California

#204 Sep 22, 2007
Legalize Prostitution wrote:
Her boyfriend should give her a grand night of sexual intercourse. Maybe, she will stop acting like she played a "flute at band camp" look at her hair, I would have arrested her just for looking like a lesbian. Step up to the plate boyfriend, this woman needs you to satisfy her, so she doesn't do this stupid stuff to get attention from other men!
Wow. I didn't know. Is it against the law to be a lesbian in Texas or to LOOK like one? Oly chit batman.
Sarcasm

Crisfield, MD

#205 Sep 22, 2007
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Americans have come to understand we now live in a fascist police state and have adjusted their behavior accordingly.
However some young people still believe they are free.
Such naivete can get one killed.
Tazer anyone?
No, bro! Don't taze me, bro!

Poway, CA

#206 Sep 22, 2007
Sarcasm wrote:
<quoted text>No, bro! Don't taze me, bro!
Oh I don't know tazing(sp) might be fun. But only once, not 7 times.
Sarcasm

Crisfield, MD

#207 Sep 22, 2007
StarAnise wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I don't know tazing(sp) might be fun. But only once, not 7 times.
I dunno man, I've had run-ins with electrity in home improvement/work related areas, and I've never had a fun time getting zapped.

I do wonder what this chick thought the overall outcome would be to her actions, but I guess one can never tell what will happen, like if you urinated on a person that was about to die, see: http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2007/09/...
Johnny

Bartlett, IL

#208 Sep 22, 2007
You're not saying anything meaningful to me Anise. I am not interested in continuing a conversation where the level of discourse includes "duh" as a bright point. I don't think we are going to get anywhere discussing the nature, and appropriate application of fear.
Moulton

Manchester, MA

#209 Sep 22, 2007

“Educate everyone.”

Sacramento, California

#212 Sep 22, 2007
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, the whole usa was brough into a monica position that day. amazing.
No question. We're all giving BinLaden a bj right now and he's loving every second of it.
Calm Down

Spartanburg, SC

#213 Sep 22, 2007
People are such idiots. She did nothing wrong. The "general" public is at it again.........

United States

#214 Sep 22, 2007
Johnny wrote:
You're not saying anything meaningful to me Anise. I am not interested in continuing a conversation where the level of discourse includes "duh" as a bright point. I don't think we are going to get anywhere discussing the nature, and appropriate application of fear.
Kool, it was a pleasure to go back and forth you Johnny. I guess we just agree to just disagree. Have a good one dude.
Peace out

United States

#215 Sep 22, 2007
Sarcasm wrote:
<quoted text>I dunno man, I've had run-ins with electrity in home improvement/work related areas, and I've never had a fun time getting zapped.
I do wonder what this chick thought the overall outcome would be to her actions, but I guess one can never tell what will happen, like if you urinated on a person that was about to die, see: http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2007/09/...
Whoa, nasty sh!t. All I can say is I really hope that never happens to me.
Dude

Port Arthur, TX

#216 Sep 22, 2007
She's lucky her prank wasn't tried at TX airports.Security will shoot and then ask is it real!
tuff times

Miami, FL

#217 Sep 23, 2007
This is the problem our authorities are faced with. Notice someone with a circuit board and wires and if it turns out not to be a bomb they are called idiots. If on the other hand it had been a bomb and they thought oh it's just a litle girl trying to express herself they would be called idots. We have to decide as citizens if we want to be safe or not. We don't allow anyone to go into a theather and yell fire and I don't undrstand how wearing what looks like a bomb to a public place is any different.

“No one is free”

when others are oppressed.

#218 Sep 23, 2007
tuff times wrote:
We don't allow anyone to go into a theather and yell fire and I don't undrstand how wearing what looks like a bomb to a public place is any different.
I did not look like a bomb. She had been wearing the shirt for awhile, to many other places and no one else thought it was a bomb. It was not until she ran into Barney Fife in an area of the airport not associated with strip searches and the expectation that they can cup your junk and make you cough that things went wrong.(Is blowing up arrivals more impressive than blowing up at a baseball game or something? If so, how come the airport is the only place you have to get that kind of a search, and why are the searches taking place at the gates instead of the entrances?) A slightly smarter guard, and this never would have been news. The woman never called it a fake bomb, or presented it as such, and it is disingenuous to keep calling it that.

“No one is free”

when others are oppressed.

#219 Sep 23, 2007
It did not look like a bomb rather. Hopefully I never look like a bomb either.

“Educate everyone.”

Sacramento, California

#220 Sep 23, 2007
Johnny13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not look like a bomb. She had been wearing the shirt for awhile, to many other places and no one else thought it was a bomb. It was not until she ran into Barney Fife in an area of the airport not associated with strip searches and the expectation that they can cup your junk and make you cough that things went wrong.(Is blowing up arrivals more impressive than blowing up at a baseball game or something? If so, how come the airport is the only place you have to get that kind of a search, and why are the searches taking place at the gates instead of the entrances?) A slightly smarter guard, and this never would have been news. The woman never called it a fake bomb, or presented it as such, and it is disingenuous to keep calling it that.
Well said. But his name wasn't Barney Fife. His name was Barney NATHANIAL Fife. Everyone called him "Nat".
CZM137

United States

#221 Sep 23, 2007
Wake up USA wrote:
<quoted text>The officials shut it down for all the right reasons,public safety. Better doing the right thing than the wrong thing like the MOONBATS. LOOK AT THE FRONT PAGE OF THE BOSTON HERAL AND YOU WILL SEE YOUR IDIOT HERO ON THE FRONT PAGE...
First off, I wouldn't exactly condone someone wearing something like this so why would you consider her my hero or heroine, rather?

Secondly, this whole thing is very reflective of the cowardly fear that most of America and the rest of the world have. Why panic when fire is yelled into a crowded theater? Can you not see for yourself the flames or see/smell the smoke. Even if there really is a fire that you can't see or smell, you obviously have enough time to evacuate.

Bottom line is, fear = death. God favors not the fearful.[KJV - Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kihei Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Maui police arrest 3 in drug bust - News (Feb '09) Jun '16 Sativa 15
News Hula competitors avoid iconic flower because of... Mar '16 DILF 10
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Feb '16 Musikologist 12
News Hawaiian Islands Weather Details & Aloha Paragr... Feb '16 ben 1
News Police and Fire - Hawaii News (Nov '09) Jan '16 Joe Balls 4
Kula Music Thread (Dec '14) Oct '15 Musikologist 4
News Gas prices drop, but could it be more? (Jan '15) Sep '15 District 1 44

Kihei Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance