Maui Democrat says online sting creates sex crime - Hawaii News

WAILUKU>> State Rep. Joe Bertram has argued a friend caught in an Internet predator sting should not be sent to prison for an "imaginary crime." Bertram spoke yesterday in support of Mark Marcantonio, 52, of Maui, who had pleaded no contest to second-degree electronic enticement of a child. Full Story
Aloha_Girl

Honolulu, HI

#1 Apr 3, 2009
I wonder if Rep. Bertram would feel the same if it was his 14 year old daughter this man was meeting? Was his man going to imaginarily rape and molest this young girl?
What is the law for having sex with a minor and not using the internet to entice them? Doubt it is a mandatory 10 in the pen!
alice

Pahoa, HI

#2 Apr 3, 2009
I agree with Alohagirl
elijahhawaii

Travelers Rest, SC

#3 Apr 3, 2009
this is an alice-free zone !!!
Big Hank

Keauhou, HI

#4 Apr 4, 2009
Another top of the line elected official.....what is Hawaii coming too..he should be slapped.
bullseye

Kailua, HI

#5 Apr 4, 2009
Bertram is an idiot. maybe the next time somebody gets caught for trying to solicit a hitman, they won't go to jail because its only an imaginary crime. I agree with Big Hank.......SLAPS AT LEAST he needs to get a kick right in the ***
Big Hank

Keauhou, HI

#6 Apr 4, 2009
I was trying to be nice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kihei Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you approve of Gilbert Keith-Agaran as State... Aug '14 J. Eagle 1
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Aug '14 Musikologist 9
Review: Aloha Gold Buyers LLC Aug '14 Marcus Leighman 1
Hawaii governor seeks to prime budget pump (Dec '07) Aug '14 Yellow Cab Driver 13
How we saved a bundle on a car in Maui by renti... Jun '14 elmar winkler 1
Review: Vishnevska, Nina MD - Nina Vishnevska MD (Mar '10) Jun '14 cat 5
Rudeness (Mar '14) May '14 Ron Brinkhurst 2
Kihei Dating
Find my Match

Kihei People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Kihei News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kihei

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]