Turtle copes with 1 less flipper

Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

KIHEI, Maui Green sea turtles don't have the easiest life in the sea, but one named Survivor has caught the attention of Bo Blinski, a volunteer for the Marine Turtle Research program.
Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Sep 5, 2008
Flipper

Royal Oak, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2008

I never knew a turtle.
Daniel de Gracia II

Aiea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2008

It used to be that there were quite a few turtles that would take a nap on the North Shore from time to time, I wonder where they went?
Bodypiercer

Aiea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2008

Turtles are all over the place. I ALWAYS see at least one or two turtles whenever I fish either the westside or north shore. They've even taken my bait from time to time. How are they considered an endangered species?
Evelyn Huttunen

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2008

Great Turtle Story.... I visited Hawaii and saw lots of green turtles and heard about the turtles....But, this one tops them allbut this story tops them all.
the thai kid

Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2008

i bet the old hawaiians miss the taste of turtle.....they use to eat the turtles as a delicacy.....then they became a protected endangered animal....the hawaiian word for turtle is honu anyway there are plenty and they are protected which is a blessing ....im sure there are still people poaching them for the turtle meat.....but if caught the penaltys are very servere
Kamuela

Hauula, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2008

I wonder if this is the same turtle that I saw about 2 months ago at waimea bay on Oahu. Made my wife jump because it just came toward us. It might be a different one, the one i saw had a larger stub i think.
save the turtles

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

Turtles are so cute and precious creatures.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kihei Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Aug 17 Musikologist 9
Review: Aloha Gold Buyers LLC Aug 14 Marcus Leighman 1
Hawaii governor seeks to prime budget pump (Dec '07) Aug 11 Yellow Cab Driver 13
How we saved a bundle on a car in Maui by renti... Jun '14 elmar winkler 1
Review: Vishnevska, Nina MD - Nina Vishnevska MD (Mar '10) Jun '14 cat 5
Rudeness May '14 Ron Brinkhurst 2
Lisa Otsuka alias Katie Huang.... (Dec '12) May '14 Hurt by Katherine... 3

Search the Kihei Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Kihei Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••