Turtle copes with 1 less flipper

Turtle copes with 1 less flipper

There are 7 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Jul 13, 2008, titled Turtle copes with 1 less flipper. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

KIHEI, Maui Green sea turtles don't have the easiest life in the sea, but one named Survivor has caught the attention of Bo Blinski, a volunteer for the Marine Turtle Research program.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Flipper

Royal Oak, MI

#1 Jul 13, 2008
I never knew a turtle.
Daniel de Gracia II

Aiea, HI

#2 Jul 13, 2008
It used to be that there were quite a few turtles that would take a nap on the North Shore from time to time, I wonder where they went?
Bodypiercer

Aiea, HI

#3 Jul 13, 2008
Turtles are all over the place. I ALWAYS see at least one or two turtles whenever I fish either the westside or north shore. They've even taken my bait from time to time. How are they considered an endangered species?
Evelyn Huttunen

Anchorage, AK

#4 Jul 13, 2008
Great Turtle Story.... I visited Hawaii and saw lots of green turtles and heard about the turtles....But, this one tops them allbut this story tops them all.
the thai kid

Thailand

#5 Jul 13, 2008
i bet the old hawaiians miss the taste of turtle.....they use to eat the turtles as a delicacy.....then they became a protected endangered animal....the hawaiian word for turtle is honu anyway there are plenty and they are protected which is a blessing ....im sure there are still people poaching them for the turtle meat.....but if caught the penaltys are very servere
Kamuela

Hauula, HI

#6 Jul 13, 2008
I wonder if this is the same turtle that I saw about 2 months ago at waimea bay on Oahu. Made my wife jump because it just came toward us. It might be a different one, the one i saw had a larger stub i think.
save the turtles

United States

#7 Sep 5, 2008
Turtles are so cute and precious creatures.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kihei Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gas prices drop, but could it be more? (Jan '15) 8 hr Joe Balls 3
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Jul 19 Musikologist 11
News Hawaii Gov. Ige will let bill extending Oahu's ... Jul 1 Bozobama 5
News Maui Residents Brace For Tsunami (Feb '10) Jun '15 u never know where 3
News Maui Superferry Ruling a Blow to Company, a Vic... (Oct '07) Jun '15 Treetop rider 3
News Hawaiian Islands Weather details & Aloha Paragr... Jun '15 Treetop rider 2
Rudeness (Mar '14) Jan '15 SoontoRetire 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kihei Mortgages