Police have no motive in transvestite's death

WAILUKU The stabbing death of a transvestite last month under a highway overpass in Makiki was not a hate crime, Honolulu police Detective Theodore Coons said Thursday. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
heavenlylight

Honolulu, HI

#26 Aug 4, 2008
Sorry I missed the story on this... but it saddens me that people are so cruel. that guy must have lost his cool when he found out he was a mahu. those people are not vicious. they know how to be funny.god bless him and ohana.
robynspiritwoman

Reston, VA

#30 Aug 6, 2008
Yes, what a shame. A life lost and a newspaper that doesn't know much about the transgendered.

'Transvestite' is a pejorative term under the umbrella of 'transgender.' It is usally taken to mean a gay cross dresser. Most cross dressers are heterosexual males who like to visit the other gender and then go home to be the husband/father.

A person who needs to be the other gender is a transsexual. That is a medical condition in which the brain was programmed one way as the phtical body was programmed the other way as the embryo developed. Male to female or female to male. Not all transsexuals have Sex Reassignment Surgery. Recent estimates put the number at about one in 2500. There are many more cross dressers than transsexuals.

Reporters and editors should check out the Associated Press style guidelines related to transgender and intersex.

My condolences to the ohana.
Been There Done That

Pearl City, HI

#31 Aug 6, 2008
Brown man wrote:
Sad story, just because he was a mahu does not mean that he deserved to die so young.
I agree with you..besides being so young he didnt deserve to die the way he did.
keola

Honolulu, HI

#32 Aug 7, 2008
alice wrote:
transvestites are some of the sweetest people on earth. god bless his soul.
yes especially if ure walking down a dark alley u would rather want them as a friend instead of an jealous lover ..cause they can kick ure ass...with their size 14 shoes...
Mazda

Honolulu, HI

#33 Aug 7, 2008
LOL!!!
Thomas

Las Cruces, NM

#34 Aug 7, 2008
badayu wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude looks like a lady? Dude is still a dude, dude.
Babooze dude, there was no "surprise, I got nuts too" you idiot. They were already living together in a car, they knew the deal, this is not Jerry Springer or Ricki Lake.
And what you know about Hotel street? Is that your route when you dress it up too?
No dude ! But I bet it is your route ! Better get checked for aids there dude ! You don't want to give it to your boyfriend !
auntie dottie

Lihue, HI

#35 Feb 16, 2010
Just to let you know Ill miss you and think of you and how city life is nowhere didnt know how hard life was being for you love always auntie dottie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kihei Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hawaii homes not among top 10 (Sep '09) Dec 5 Bmused Artwork 4
Monsanto files suit in effort to block Maui's G... Nov '14 Joe Balls 3
Do you approve of Gilbert Keith-Agaran as State... Aug '14 J. Eagle 1
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Aug '14 Musikologist 9
Review: Aloha Gold Buyers LLC Aug '14 Marcus Leighman 1
Hawaii governor seeks to prime budget pump (Dec '07) Aug '14 Yellow Cab Driver 13
How we saved a bundle on a car in Maui by renti... Jun '14 elmar winkler 1
Kihei Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Kihei People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Kihei News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kihei

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:04 pm PST