Police have no motive in transvestite's death

WAILUKU The stabbing death of a transvestite last month under a highway overpass in Makiki was not a hate crime, Honolulu police Detective Theodore Coons said Thursday. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ohana

Irvine, CA

#1 Aug 2, 2008
so very sad
peace

Honolulu, HI

#3 Aug 2, 2008
may peace be with you and your ohana.
Angel

Lihue, HI

#4 Aug 2, 2008
Well written article. Love and aloha goes out to the Namauu Family. May peace be with you all...
Yes it sadden me when a fellow human life is taken away in such a cruel manner. Peace be with all.
Bumpercrop

Ewa Beach, HI

#5 Aug 2, 2008
Not a "hate" crime? It certainly was not a "love" crime. So sad.

Since: Apr 08

Honolulu, HI

#6 Aug 2, 2008
An argument escalated to its tragic finite consequence. "Everyone" seems to lose when it comes to violence -- the victim, Jason L. Namauu, and his alleged assailant, Joel Chris Allen, as well as their loved ones and friends -- as well as someone like myself touched by this event. So try to remember always to live each moment to its fullest, positively, with no regrets -- and Appreciate the goodness life can and does offer, that's why its called The Present.
John K Smith

Barnesville, OH

#7 Aug 2, 2008
Political correctness at every step ... then death.
Brown man

Kaneohe, HI

#8 Aug 2, 2008
Sad story, just because he was a mahu does not mean that he deserved to die so young.

Since: Aug 08

Honolulu

#10 Aug 2, 2008
sad to say, but men have their pride no matter how old.... and i will bet that Allen had a surprise when he stuck his hand up the skirt and found something he didn't think would be there.

Of course, he be outraged and probably more so to find his manly pride violated.

Just a guess, but it seems to logical. Allen just went off on Namauu.
malice

Haiku, HI

#11 Aug 2, 2008
Ainokea4u wrote:
sad to say, but men have their pride no matter how old.... and i will bet that Allen had a surprise when he stuck his hand up the skirt and found something he didn't think would be there.
Of course, he be outraged and probably more so to find his manly pride violated.
Just a guess, but it seems to logical. Allen just went off on Namauu.
So much for your fan fic. A poster on a previous blog said Jaylyn and Joel were "regulars", seeing each other regularly. See post #2. It was no surprise the he was a man.
http://www.topix.com/forum/source/honolulu-st...
Anonymous

Wahiawa, HI

#12 Aug 2, 2008
Held on $150,000 bail. That's 30,000 "jobs"!
alice

Honolulu, HI

#13 Aug 2, 2008
Every human life is precious...very sad.
denny

Honolulu, HI

#15 Aug 2, 2008
alice wrote:
Every human life is precious...very sad.
alice is correct. god does not make junk. every life is precious.
alice

Honolulu, HI

#17 Aug 2, 2008
true senny..you are a very able man. Nice to meet one here.
Thomas

Las Cruces, NM

#19 Aug 2, 2008
I think this individual was murdered after he picked up a man who was under the impression that the transvestite was a woman and then became violent when he realized the "woman" was really a man ! Life can be very brutal when a person lives dangerously ! Maui is not Hotel Street in Honolulu !

Since: Jul 08

Camp Coiner

#20 Aug 2, 2008
Thomas wrote:
I think this individual was murdered after he picked up a man who was under the impression that the transvestite was a woman and then became violent when he realized the "woman" was really a man ! Life can be very brutal when a person lives dangerously ! Maui is not Hotel Street in Honolulu !
Dude looks like a lady? Dude is still a dude, dude.

Babooze dude, there was no "surprise, I got nuts too" you idiot. They were already living together in a car, they knew the deal, this is not Jerry Springer or Ricki Lake.

And what you know about Hotel street? Is that your route when you dress it up too?
Okole Maluna

AOL

#21 Aug 2, 2008
Aloha bruddah!!!!!!!!
CSI

Honolulu, HI

#22 Aug 3, 2008
No clue? Check out this dialogue and see if this fits a possible motive:

Allen:
"I'm tired of your bitching especially when I'm trying to sleep. If I hear one more complaint, I'm gonna shut you up for good."

Namauu:
"I can bitch all I like. I dare you to shut me up...you f*****g sh** h***.

Allen:
"So I'm a sh** h***...I'll show you.
(Begins to punch and stab the victim)
keola

Honolulu, HI

#23 Aug 3, 2008
i think the dont tell dont ask policy was not a good thing for this kind of occupation...full disclosure should be encourage to prevent further misunderstanding, shock and rage...
petro231

Wailuku, HI

#24 Aug 4, 2008
If Allen(the victim) knew Namauu, why did he have ti kill him. Namauu was a relative.
Can anyone find out when is Allen court hearing. I want to attend
Shareholder

Silver Spring, MD

#25 Aug 4, 2008
Maybe it was just a lovers spat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kihei Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you approve of Gilbert Keith-Agaran as State... Aug '14 J. Eagle 1
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Aug '14 Musikologist 9
Review: Aloha Gold Buyers LLC Aug '14 Marcus Leighman 1
Hawaii governor seeks to prime budget pump (Dec '07) Aug '14 Yellow Cab Driver 13
How we saved a bundle on a car in Maui by renti... Jun '14 elmar winkler 1
Review: Vishnevska, Nina MD - Nina Vishnevska MD (Mar '10) Jun '14 cat 5
Rudeness (Mar '14) May '14 Ron Brinkhurst 2
Kihei Dating
Find my Match

Kihei Jobs

Kihei People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Kihei News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kihei

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]