Letters to the Editor - Letters

Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

Ever since the state of Hawaii outsourced its Medicaid services for the indigent population to WellCare and United Health Care , there has been nothing but chaos.
Comments
141 - 160 of 177 Comments Last updated Oct 12, 2009
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

Judged:

Truth Speaks for Itself wrote:
<quoted text>Atta girl! Stick up for your ilk, and draw more attention to the post that Fisherman wishes everyone would forget.
Well, I'm familiar with the term "overspray" as it relates to painting, or applying sprayed substances in general... but if you're bringing it up as it applies to his Agent Orange joke, then I don't understand the point you're trying to make. So why don't you explain it to me?
I really can't believe you think simply talking about Agent Orange is a "joke."

I can't believe you make fun of our vets that way. Absolutely no excuse.

Since: Sep 08

Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I know. All bark and no bite with selective memory to boot. I didn't think she'd revisit that thread again after she tried so hard to divert attention away from the points she brought up and couldn't defend.
But I am getting a kick out of watching her put up the "bat signal" to get Gilligan to help.
Both batty -- let him signal away.
Fisherman

Lanai City, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

<quoted text>Quit sucking up to people and trying your "divide and conquer" tricks. If you want to play that game, then maybe I should point Bob to your post in which you mocked military veterans. Remember, FishyMan? Why so caring all of a sudden?
I'm not a "she," but it doesn't matter who or what labels or names you want to stick on me. You guys seem to focus more on making personal attacks on the messenger, rather than debating the message. But that's apparently the best you can do, so there's not much else to say...
I shut off the computer and missed out!
Wasn't trying to divide and conquer (what a mindset you have), was trying to warn Bob that if he starts defending you, he'll be sorry and maybe embarrassed later.
When I brought up agent orange with regards to Thom, it was to help people understand why he might say things that sound odd for a school teacher. Vietnam veterans came home to a mostly ungrateful 'America', who did not appreciate the sacrifices and horrible conditions they had endured. My friend told me that out of his 100 or so infantry soldiers, only he and two others made it home. The PTSD, chemical exposure, watching friends die was terrible. I would never make a joke about Vietnam Veterans- or any Veterans.
The fact that you let people call you 'she' for so long is weird. There's good news if you have gender identity issues, Obama will let you join the military openly now.
Truth Speaks for Itself

Waimea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Now this is what I call begging for help. No one's brought up Gilligan except you.
This must be your version of the "bat signal."
LOL. Once again... sigh... Yeah totally INCORRECT and clueless, if not telling an outright lie. Bull was the one who brought him up, not me.

(BTW - In case you haven't noticed your own strange obsession with Thom1s - you, Bull and Fisherman are the ones who constantly bring him up, not me. I didn't even know who he was up until a few weeks ago, but even prior to that you were mentioning him... and he hadn't even been around! That you're fearful of him, and find him so intimidating, is duly noted. I don't blame you. You can't even counter someone like me with good arguments, so for you to go up against him is understandably a living nightmare for you. Sorry, I can't help you there.)

Then you go on to frame your ensuing putdowns or argue your case based on your error/lie... in this case, a "bat signal" joke that you (alone) thought was so clever that you had to repeat it twice.(Hint: Don't quit your day job, if you have one.) All based on a faulty premise, as usual.

So clueless. A real pity.
Truth Speaks for Itself

Waimea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

Fisherman wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't trying to divide and conquer (what a mindset you have), was trying to warn Bob that if he starts defending you, he'll be sorry and maybe embarrassed later.[\QUOTE]Oh, is that how you try to spin it? Such a caring, innocent fella, just trying to "help" him. Just like Bull tried to "help" me by warning me about Thom1s. Notice a pattern here? How you Libs are always trying to "help" the other side by whispering to them about how terrible the other one is? LOL.

What you guys don't get is that unlike Libs, many other people are not helpless sheep who don't have minds of our own. Many of us are independent in our thinking, and don't need reassuring pats on the back to stand behind what we think or say. We're able to form our own opinions of issues, including those of others who post here. You Libs are so insecure - constantly having to prop each other up, or rush to the rescue any time you perceive that one of your comrades is losing an argument (which understandably, is quite often).

[QUOTE]When I brought up agent orange with regards to Thom, it was to help people understand why he might say things that sound odd for a school teacher. Vietnam veterans came home to a mostly ungrateful 'America', who did not appreciate the sacrifices and horrible conditions they had endured. My friend told me that out of his 100 or so infantry soldiers, only he and two others made it home. The PTSD, chemical exposure, watching friends die was terrible. I would never make a joke about Vietnam Veterans- or any Veterans.
Ah, once again, spinning yourself as just trying to be "helpful." I hardly see how saying the following to a Vietnam veteran fits your spin:
"I do feel sorry for Vietnam veterans though, and hope you didn't get sprayed with too much agent orange. Watch out for those commies hidin' in the bushes!"
You're trying to say that you weren't making fun of veterans here? Heck, even your pals agreed that your intent was to mock - the only pathetic party line defense they could come up with was that you were only mocking one veteran, and not all of them.

I thought when you apologized to veterans for what you said, that you had decided to come clean and admit that you blew it... that in attempting to be funny and insult one person, you inadvertently and heartlessly dissed a whole bunch of veterans who went through Vietnam. Now you're trying to spin it as though you were just trying to "help."
The fact that you let people call you 'she' for so long is weird. There's good news if you have gender identity issues, Obama will let you join the military openly now.
I'm so used to you guys calling people names that I just take it as more of the same - i.e., I could care less. If you think it's weird, then maybe you should ask Yeah why SHE hasn't said anything about people referring to her as a HE for so long. I figure she just thinks it's irrelevant, but why don't you get it straight from The Pathetic One's mouth?

You know - what *I* find weird is that you're so concerned about gender issues, and yet YOU were the one who began to question YOURSELF when it came to issues of sexual preference - i.e., why YOU kept making forum comments that had a double-meaning as far as implying that you were gay. What was that all about? Just trying to "help" people understand, as usual?

Oh well, never mind - don't bother explaining. We won't ask, and you don't have to tell. ROFLMAO.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

<quoted text>LOL. Once again... sigh... Yeah totally INCORRECT and clueless, if not telling an outright lie. Bull was the one who brought him up, not me.
(BTW - In case you haven't noticed your own strange obsession with Thom1s - you, Bull and Fisherman are the ones who constantly bring him up, not me. I didn't even know who he was up until a few weeks ago, but even prior to that you were mentioning him... and he hadn't even been around! That you're fearful of him, and find him so intimidating, is duly noted. I don't blame you. You can't even counter someone like me with good arguments, so for you to go up against him is understandably a living nightmare for you. Sorry, I can't help you there.)
Then you go on to frame your ensuing putdowns or argue your case based on your error/lie... in this case, a "bat signal" joke that you (alone) thought was so clever that you had to repeat it twice.(Hint: Don't quit your day job, if you have one.) All based on a faulty premise, as usual.
lol!

Look! It's the "bat signal" again!

So obvious. You spend so much time shooting flares because you start something you can't finish. Sounds like a guy who ran the country (ie... United States) for 8 years.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

<quoted text>LOL. Once again... sigh... Yeah totally INCORRECT and clueless, if not telling an outright lie. Bull was the one who brought him up, not me.
BTW, yes. I am making fun of you with the "bat signal."

But you're an idiot to believe people make "jokes" about Agent Orange and people, especially to further your political agenda. I have no idea why you thought it was "funny." Not only are you clueless, but classless as well.

Pity.
Truth Speaks for Itself

Waimea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I really can't believe you think simply talking about Agent Orange is a "joke."
I can't believe you make fun of our vets that way. Absolutely no excuse.
"Simply talking about Agent Orange"?

Fisherman said:
"I do feel sorry for Vietnam veterans though, and hope you didn't get sprayed with too much agent orange. Watch out for those commies hidin' in the bushes!"
I'd hardly characterize that as "simply talking about Agent Orange." Spin it how you like, but the only ones your fooling are you and your other deluded comrades. I can't fathom making fun of Vietnam veterans that way (not to mention, by implication, all of the other people who suffered from Agent Orange exposure, and the war itself).

But I'm not surprised. You've repeatedly put down our service men and women all over these forums - everything from questioning the quality of our enlisted personnel, to suggesting that all of our veterans who collect military pensions are undeserving leeches. And then you have the hypocritical nerve to say that you still feel the military is "necessary" (i.e., to protect your sorry little *ss when you need them, right?).

You're pathetic. Pity.
alice

Hanalei, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

Yeah is right..we are all suffering from Bush's disastrous mistakes.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

<quoted text>...Oh well, never mind - don't bother explaining. We won't ask, and you don't have to tell. ROFLMAO.
Yeah, no class. Always ROFLMAO. No wonder you think Agent Orange and it's results are a joke. You think everything is just a big joke as long as you get your way.

Pity.
alice

Hanalei, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

alice wrote:
Yeah is right..we are all suffering from Bush's disastrous mistakes.
true
Truth Speaks for Itself

Waimea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

Bullshot Crummond wrote:
<quoted text>
As I recall, Fisherman has reported that he knows folks who have been affected by Agent Orange. Where was your civility to him after he told you that?
So what? I know people who suffer from Agent Orange exposure too. Why does "knowing people who have been affected" make it acceptable for him to mock them? Free pass, because he's somehow "in" with them?

That's an unbelievably patronizing and self-serving attitude. But it really shouldn't be surprising, coming from you. Just another example of the usual Lib arrogance, and your "do as I say, not as I do" way of thinking. You Liberal elites are somehow above it all, and beyond the reproach that ordinary folk are subject to.
Truth Speaks for Itself

Waimea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol!
Look! It's the "bat signal" again!
So obvious. You spend so much time shooting flares because you start something you can't finish. Sounds like a guy who ran the country (ie... United States) for 8 years.
So enamored of your "bat signal" "joke" (if we can call it that) that you need to repeat it over and over, until someone finally laughs.(Hint: Don't hold your breath.)

Well, if you want to blame someone for sending out a signal - blame Bull, since he's the one who bought Thom1s up. Not me.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/honolulu-hi/T...

But don't let the facts stand in your way. You never do. LOL. You always get facts and opinions mixed up, even as you accuse others of that all the time. "Do as you say, not as you do."

Bye-bye, Pathetic One! I have a busy day ahead of me. Have fun sitting inside staring at your computer screen, waiting for someone to come along so you can repeat your bat signal joke to them and hope they'll laugh. Maybe you should send out a bat signal to Bull! ROFLMAO.
Truth Speaks for Itself

Waimea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, no class. Always ROFLMAO. No wonder you think Agent Orange and it's results are a joke. You think everything is just a big joke as long as you get your way.
Pity.
For someone who begins every post with "lol!", you should talk.

Oh, I forgot - "do as you say, not as you do"! Sorry, forgot that Liberals make the rules... including the one that says they don't have to follow their own rules.

Have a great day!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

<quoted text>So what? I know people who suffer from Agent Orange exposure too. Why does "knowing people who have been affected" make it acceptable for him to mock them? Free pass, because he's somehow "in" with them?
That's an unbelievably patronizing and self-serving attitude. But it really shouldn't be surprising, coming from you. Just another example of the usual Lib arrogance, and your "do as I say, not as I do" way of thinking. You Liberal elites are somehow above it all, and beyond the reproach that ordinary folk are subject to.
Idiot. It was YOUR conservative arrogance that called it a "joke" to further your political stance. You're the one who thought it was funny.

Now you're trying to play the "pity" card for yourself. If you really knew people who were affect by this chemical, you wouldn't be calling what Fisherman said a "joke." An absolute arrogant idiot with no class.

Pity.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

<quoted text>"Simply talking about Agent Orange"?
Fisherman said: <quoted text>
I'd hardly characterize that as "simply talking about Agent Orange." Spin it how you like, but the only ones your fooling are you and your other deluded comrades. I can't fathom making fun of Vietnam veterans that way (not to mention, by implication, all of the other people who suffered from Agent Orange exposure, and the war itself).
But I'm not surprised. You've repeatedly put down our service men and women all over these forums - everything from questioning the quality of our enlisted personnel, to suggesting that all of our veterans who collect military pensions are undeserving leeches. And then you have the hypocritical nerve to say that you still feel the military is "necessary" (i.e., to protect your sorry little *ss when you need them, right?).
You're pathetic. Pity.
Hey ding-dong. Like I said, you should understand what "over spray" is before talking. That's why I tried to make it clear to you. But no, you just HAD to be right. You claim you do know, but apparently that definition only applies to paint and you can't understand how it applied to chemicals.

As for the balance of your statements regarding putting down our service people, straight out LIE. Since you've made it so very clear about what you CLAIM I said, then PROVE IT. Put the links to my posts here. Let's see if you really believe "Truth Speaks for Itself" without your constant whining and interpretation of other people's posts.

What a piece of work. When you take a crap, you should use the commode. But then again, with your air of importance, you must already use one and show it.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

<quoted text>For someone who begins every post with "lol!", you should talk.
Oh, I forgot - "do as you say, not as you do"! Sorry, forgot that Liberals make the rules... including the one that says they don't have to follow their own rules.
Have a great day!
Every post? I don't think so. What an idiot. With all these posts I've placed you still only read what in you want.

Like I said, YOU think Agent Orange is a joke. And you still think it's funny and use it as a political tool.

Pity.

And
alice

Hanalei, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

Judged:

Bush was a nightmare

Since: Sep 08

Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

Fisherman wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't trying to divide and conquer (what a mindset you have), was trying to warn Bob that if he starts defending you, he'll be sorry and maybe embarrassed later.
When I brought up agent orange with regards to Thom, it was to help people understand why he might say things that sound odd for a school teacher. Vietnam veterans came home to a mostly ungrateful 'America', who did not appreciate the sacrifices and horrible conditions they had endured. My friend told me that out of his 100 or so infantry soldiers, only he and two others made it home. The PTSD, chemical exposure, watching friends die was terrible. I would never make a joke about Vietnam Veterans- or any Veterans.
I know exactly where you are coming from on this. My older brother joined the Air Force in the 60s and went to 'Nam. He came back terribly changed -- I was a kid at the time, and it felt like I had lost my brother.

What he came back with was a case of deafness in one ear, a limp, a burning inner rage, and a purple heart -- which he wouldn't talk about until he and I had a few beers after dad died just two years ago. Basically, my brother got blown up and then put back together again. Pretty tough stuff for a sharp shooting country boy.

(He hunts boy and arrow now, btw. Something about guns, I suppose.)

He had a stay in Tripler when he came back and he still shudders to think of that place. Later, he worked for the VA.

He also is one of the Agent Orange guys, or he thinks he is. He's part of an online group looking into the effects. He believes it has made him sick the better portion of his adult life. But it hasn't stopped him -- he raised a family, has had a successful business, is a top-ranked Mason. But the stuff has had its effects on him and he knows it.

Yah--it's not something one kids about unless you actually have the guts to confront the real thing. Humor can be like that.

Some folks posture themselves as defending the vets. Some folks are just plain full of baloney.
alice

Hanalei, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

Judged:

Bush was a servant of Israel...his disastrous decisions did not serve America. Look behind the curtain to find what was really going on when he, among many other things, ignored all warnings before 9-11

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kihei Discussions

Search the Kihei Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Sun Musikologist 9
Review: Aloha Gold Buyers LLC Aug 14 Marcus Leighman 1
Hawaii governor seeks to prime budget pump (Dec '07) Aug 11 Yellow Cab Driver 13
How we saved a bundle on a car in Maui by renti... Jun '14 elmar winkler 1
Review: Vishnevska, Nina MD - Nina Vishnevska MD (Mar '10) Jun '14 cat 5
Rudeness May '14 Ron Brinkhurst 2
Lisa Otsuka alias Katie Huang.... (Dec '12) May '14 Hurt by Katherine... 3
•••
•••
•••
Kihei Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Kihei Jobs