Letters to the Editor - Letters

Letters to the Editor - Letters

There are 177 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Sep 29, 2009, titled Letters to the Editor - Letters. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Ever since the state of Hawaii outsourced its Medicaid services for the indigent population to WellCare and United Health Care , there has been nothing but chaos.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Truth Speaks for Itself

Mililani, HI

#41 Oct 8, 2009
Bullshot Crummond wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama should be thinking about how any actions will affect Pakistan. Why? What do you suggest? What would you do if you were running the country rather than being a lousy poster on the threads like me, Stumpy, Yeah & the rest of us?
I'm actually in favor of a complete troop withdrawal.

Then, I'd nuke 'em.

Since: Sep 08

Honolulu

#42 Oct 8, 2009
Truth Speaks for Itself wrote:
<quoted text>I'm actually in favor of a complete troop withdrawal.
Then, I'd nuke 'em.
I'm sure others have considered that second option and have decided that it is unenlightened. Naturally, such a response might be mistaken as a terroristic action against defenseless citizens. Perhaps, instead, you might hijack a plane and fly it into a few schools and hospitals in Kabul? That should satisfy your need to be macho, plus it would bring us immense respect from all thinking persons around the world.

Of course, we would think of you with the honor you deserve. I'm thinking of you that way now.
Fisherman

Honolulu, HI

#43 Oct 8, 2009
<quoted text>I'm actually in favor of a complete troop withdrawal.
Then, I'd nuke 'em.
Very compassionate.

Honolulu

#44 Oct 8, 2009
Fisherman wrote:
<quoted text>
Very compassionate.
And enlightened. If he were any more enlightened, dark would look bright.
Fisherman

Honolulu, HI

#45 Oct 9, 2009
I see where Republicans were calling for Obama to decline the Nobel Peace Price.
I suppose they expected him to decline..... and NUKE 'UM!

Honolulu

#46 Oct 9, 2009
Fisherman wrote:
I see where Republicans were calling for Obama to decline the Nobel Peace Price.
Lol!
Honorably Discharged

AOL

#47 Oct 9, 2009
The Republicans and cable television talk show hosts are already badmouthing the Nobel Committee for giving the Peace Prize to President Obama. These are the same people who submitted for consideration, the name of their warmongering leader, saying he deserved the Peace Prize because he started the Iraq War, which in that country now carries his name, "The Bush War." It might be premature to give this great award to our President, but it might also might show some of our own people that it is better to seek peace than war, and better to work toward improving things for others instead of destroying things or ruthlessly taking lives. I encourage everyone to read the reasons why the committee chose to recognize our leader. Congratulations President Barack Hussein Obama.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#48 Oct 9, 2009
Fisherman wrote:
Funny isn't it? They cheered when the Olympics was lost to Rio. They boo when Obama gets the peace prize.

Perhaps we should tell the other American Nobel winners they should decline as well. Or is that done after someone checks on their party affiliation?
Keith Haugen

AOL

#49 Oct 9, 2009
Aloha:

Not all Republicans are evil...not all are warmongers ... not all are rabid, radical, rightwing racists. Not by a longshot.

There are many Republicans who are still conservatives, many who are very patriotic Americans who are just as upset about what is being said and done in their name, as those of us who are independents or democrats.

Although they might not come out and say so publicly, some of my Republican friends do not support the racist movement of the GOP, or that their party is being led by the likes of Rush Limbaugh, or worshipping at the feet of the likes of Glen Beck, Sean Hannity, Bill O`Reilly, Lou Dobbs, and other Fox and CNN talk show hosts, and errant party politicians who would like nothing better than for our President and our country to fail.

This silent minority of the more caring and intelligent Americans among the GOP hope that President Obama succeeds, because that will be good for the United States of America.

I wish they would speak out publicly, without fear.

Me ka pono,

Keith Haugen
Nu`uanu
Honolulu Resident

AOL

#50 Oct 9, 2009
Congratulatons to Honolulu-born President Barack Obama on being selected for the Nobel Peace Prize. He joins a small and very impressive list of American Presidents who have been so honored -- Theodore Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, Jimmy Carter.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#51 Oct 9, 2009
Fisherman wrote:
And now they're advocating another way of getting rid of the competition. Now this is desperation and very disturbing....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091009/ap_on_el_...
Truth Speaks for Itself

Mililani, HI

#52 Oct 9, 2009
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Funny isn't it? They cheered when the Olympics was lost to Rio. They boo when Obama gets the peace prize.
Perhaps we should tell the other American Nobel winners they should decline as well. Or is that done after someone checks on their party affiliation?
I just checked eBay, and sure enough - the Dalai Lama (yes,*that* Dalai Lama - the one who Obama recently snubbed to appease those lovers of peace, liberty and freedom - China) has suddenly put his Nobel Peace Prize up for auction. He's listed a "Buy It Now" price of $14.99 (comes with autographed picture). The high bid so far is $3.50.
Truth Speaks for Itself

Mililani, HI

#53 Oct 9, 2009
However good their intentions may have been in attempting to prop up the floundering Obama, the Nobel Peace Prize committee has actually put him in more of a bind. Clearly, the award was way premature and totally undeserved - even he realizes that, despite his hubris and ego.

Rather than adding to his legitimacy, it simply strengthens the growing wave of realization that he's all fluff and no substance, and that he is where he is purely because of blind followers who have been dazzled by the hype, smoke and mirrors.

This also immediately colors his imminent decision regarding Afghanistan troop levels, as it will be viewed in the context of his supposedly being a great man of peace.

I'll bet that even Obama himself would rather not have been accorded this honor - not now, not yet. It makes a mockery of the Nobel prize itself, dishonors past recipients, and only serves to highlight Obama's utter LACK of achievements to date.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#54 Oct 9, 2009
<quoted text>I just checked eBay, and sure enough - the Dalai Lama (yes,*that* Dalai Lama - the one who Obama recently snubbed to appease those lovers of peace, liberty and freedom - China) has suddenly put his Nobel Peace Prize up for auction. He's listed a "Buy It Now" price of $14.99 (comes with autographed picture). The high bid so far is $3.50.
lol! Who said the Dalai Lama isn't a capitalist? That $3.50 must be yours.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#55 Oct 9, 2009
However good their intentions may have been in attempting to prop up the floundering Obama, the Nobel Peace Prize committee has actually put him in more of a bind. Clearly, the award was way premature and totally undeserved - even he realizes that, despite his hubris and ego.
Rather than adding to his legitimacy, it simply strengthens the growing wave of realization that he's all fluff and no substance, and that he is where he is purely because of blind followers who have been dazzled by the hype, smoke and mirrors.
This also immediately colors his imminent decision regarding Afghanistan troop levels, as it will be viewed in the context of his supposedly being a great man of peace.
I'll bet that even Obama himself would rather not have been accorded this honor - not now, not yet. It makes a mockery of the Nobel prize itself, dishonors past recipients, and only serves to highlight Obama's utter LACK of achievements to date.
lol! My, my! Such bitterness.

I think he deserves it. And it plays quite well. He can use it to show Afghans his intent to help them rebuild and become an American ally. Timing couldn't have been better

Honolulu

#56 Oct 9, 2009
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! My, my! Such bitterness.
I think he deserves it. And it plays quite well. He can use it to show Afghans his intent to help them rebuild and become an American ally. Timing couldn't have been better
My first impression was one of consternation. The piggly-wigglies on the right were sure to be just as unhappy about Obama getting that prize as Obama not securing the Olympics. They suck lemons and complain about the taste all day long. I think we've seen the evidence of that here already.

I've more of the wait-and-see attitude. I'm not sure that a Nobel helps Obama; I can't see yet how it will hurt to any serious degree. I may be wrong, but it would be more wrong to rush to judgment -- especially for partisan reasons.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#57 Oct 9, 2009
Bullshot Crummond wrote:
<quoted text>
My first impression was one of consternation. The piggly-wigglies on the right were sure to be just as unhappy about Obama getting that prize as Obama not securing the Olympics. They suck lemons and complain about the taste all day long. I think we've seen the evidence of that here already.
I've more of the wait-and-see attitude. I'm not sure that a Nobel helps Obama; I can't see yet how it will hurt to any serious degree. I may be wrong, but it would be more wrong to rush to judgment -- especially for partisan reasons.
I agree. But I sure don't see how it hurts. Yes, time will tell.

However this piggly-wiggly "Truth Speaks for Itself" seems to feel the need to be an interpreter of the truth. Sort of like a pastor to the flock. She leaves no room for anyone else's interpretation except her own.
alice

United States

#58 Oct 9, 2009
Congrats Obama!!! Congrats America. After the nightmare of Bush,. moral order has been restored.
Lefty

Ewa Beach, HI

#59 Oct 9, 2009
Honorably Discharged wrote:
The Republicans and cable television talk show hosts are already badmouthing the Nobel Committee for giving the Peace Prize to President Obama. These are the same people who submitted for consideration, the name of their warmongering leader, saying he deserved the Peace Prize because he started the Iraq War, which in that country now carries his name, "The Bush War." It might be premature to give this great award to our President, but it might also might show some of our own people that it is better to seek peace than war, and better to work toward improving things for others instead of destroying things or ruthlessly taking lives. I encourage everyone to read the reasons why the committee chose to recognize our leader. Congratulations President Barack Hussein Obama.
Doesn't the $1.4M that goes with the Nobel Peace Prize constitute a gratuity to a public official if it is awarded to an in-office president for whatever Obama may have done while in public office? Why isn't his acceptance of this money illegal as would be any other personal gift, and why doesn't this money belong to the United States of America? Why is Obama deciding which charities of his chosing get the money?
alice

United States

#60 Oct 9, 2009
alice wrote:
Congrats Obama!!! Congrats America. After the nightmare of Bush,. moral order has been restored.
Obama is donating the funds to charity. He is just good to the core. We can all feel good about America again after the damaging 8 years of Bush nightmare

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kihei Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Jul 5 Musikologist 14
Kula Music Thread (Dec '14) Apr '17 Musikologist 6
Joe Groomes Mar '17 Nancy Groomes 1
Kihei/Wailea House Rental Sleep 8 // Dec 17- Ja... Mar '17 sherrykate 1
Old town Paia (Jan '17) Jan '17 Fukmi 1
You took down my post? (Jan '17) Jan '17 Fukme 1
News Maui Residents Brace For Tsunami (Feb '10) Jun '15 u never know where 3

Kihei Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance