Second police corruption trial opens

Second police corruption trial opens

There are 60 comments on the Tulsa World story from Jul 31, 2011, titled Second police corruption trial opens. In it, Tulsa World reports that:

A second trial involving alleged corruption within the Tulsa Police Department begins Monday, almost two years after special prosecutors were appointed to the case in U.S. District Court in Tulsa.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tulsa World.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#1 Aug 2, 2011
Even the cops hate snitches. There's just something about a rat...usually it's the smell of fear.

The defense is going to say that the cops were just using the same tactics as the criminals do, to achieve their desired results. Twas ever thus, so why the new trial?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2 Aug 2, 2011
shovelhead72 wrote:
The defense is going to say that the cops were just using the same tactics as the criminals do, to achieve their desired results. Twas ever thus, so why the new trial?
That would be like a confession and a new trial would not be necessary. The Court could just sentence the officers and be done with it.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#3 Aug 2, 2011
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be like a confession and a new trial would not be necessary. The Court could just sentence the officers and be done with it.
What would be like a confession? Just curious, as the only thing 'like a confession' is, um, a confession. The prosecuting attorneys already have the evidence on tape, but the defense is trying to get that thrown out....

Location hidden

#4 Aug 2, 2011
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>What would be like a confession?
The defense saying the accused officers used "the same tactics as the criminals do, to achieve their desired results."
Fred Buck

United States

#5 Aug 2, 2011
Strange how sometimes people become the very thing they hate
Vandalia Guy

Broken Arrow, OK

#6 Aug 2, 2011
Fred Buck wrote:
Strange how sometimes people become the very thing they hate
Why you hate gays?

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#7 Aug 2, 2011
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
The defense saying the accused officers used "the same tactics as the criminals do, to achieve their desired results."
Faux Noise reported last night that the above is the plan, however...
Fred Buck

United States

#8 Aug 2, 2011
Planting drugs, coruption, and making their own rules of corupt self interest hardly does credit to the rest of the men on the force. This isn't OKC
Who are the witnesses

Tulsa, OK

#9 Aug 3, 2011
Take a close look at who are the witnesses for the prosecution? Convicted drug dealers and liars. Not just when arrested by he officers on trial but multiple times. This is what they do for a living. They do not work....they are leaches living off the blood of our children as they sell their poison. Sure they will testify. How better to try and get the police to leave them alone? It would be a miracle if any of this scum can stay out of prison for one year after their release. But the U.S. attorney wants you to believe them.....not me.....
Fred Buck

United States

#10 Aug 3, 2011
Tape recordings don't lie
Fedup

Muskogee, OK

#11 Aug 3, 2011
Who are the witnesses wrote:
Take a close look at who are the witnesses for the prosecution? Convicted drug dealers and liars. Not just when arrested by he officers on trial but multiple times. This is what they do for a living. They do not work....they are leaches living off the blood of our children as they sell their poison. Sure they will testify. How better to try and get the police to leave them alone? It would be a miracle if any of this scum can stay out of prison for one year after their release. But the U.S. attorney wants you to believe them.....not me.....
Who are the suspects; liars, corrupt cops, false witnesses, violators of civil rights..Low life's, that done what it took to screw up someones life. They should get LIFE in prison being as they want a druggy to do life for smoking a joint...

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#12 Aug 3, 2011
Fred Buck wrote:
Planting drugs, coruption, and making their own rules of corupt self interest hardly does credit to the rest of the men on the force. This isn't OKC
True. It's much worse. Tulsa is just better at covering up its crooked cops' shenanigans...

Location hidden

#13 Aug 3, 2011
Fedup wrote:
<quoted text>Who are the suspects; liars, corrupt cops, false witnesses, violators of civil rights..Low life's, that done what it took to screw up someones life. They should get LIFE in prison being as they want a druggy to do life for smoking a joint...
If they try that lame defense that they can break the law to enforce the law the jury is not gonna go for it.
Fred Buck

United States

#14 Aug 4, 2011
Even if the charges aren't proven, can the general public or a new man on the force ever look at these "policemen" in any other light than people who chose to be above the law they themselves are sworn to uphold. Just resign, have some remaining honor.

Location hidden

#15 Aug 4, 2011
Fred Buck wrote:
Even if the charges aren't proven, can the general public or a new man on the force ever look at these "policemen" in any other light than people who chose to be above the law they themselves are sworn to uphold. Just resign, have some remaining honor.
Besides, when they get out of prison, they can always be Chief of Police in Kiowa, Stringtown, Caney, Tushka, Atoka, or some small town along the highways of this nation and write tickets.
Fred Buck

United States

#16 Aug 4, 2011
Or animal control officer in ada

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#17 Aug 4, 2011
Fred Buck wrote:
Or animal control officer in ada
Wonder what that gig pays???
Fred Buck

United States

#18 Aug 5, 2011
About the same as a second grade school teacher.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#19 Aug 5, 2011
So, about 27K? Not bad for someone w/o a degree...
(I'm assuming 'animal control officer' is not a degreed position.)
Fred Buck

United States

#20 Aug 6, 2011
Not that much, 21, ...22

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kiefer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Educate Oklahoma: Inmates Receiving An Education 7 hr BSonthis 1
Dear Reverend Al Sharpton: 13 hr Wang 3
Review: Mclean Air Duct Coating & Cleaning Inc (Sep '13) 15 hr Annonomous 7
News Mother Of Missing Child Charged With Murder (Feb '06) 15 hr pampeterson 48
Amanda Kay-Moomey Johnson is an Idiot (Dec '15) 18 hr Jamie Dundee 15
News Sheriff Considers Driver Training For Deputies (Aug '08) 20 hr Bigboy 53
News Tulsa Boy Hit By Truck In Rush Hour Traffic 22 hr whydidthechickenc... 1

Kiefer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance