thayer learning center

Posted in the Kidder Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
hummer11

United States

#1 Jun 11, 2006
I am curious to know what is peoplein the Kidder area and surrounding areas' opinions of Willa Bundy and her torture school, Thayer learning Center...and if anyone has any personal experiences they would like to share.
Attorney at Law

Darien, IL

#2 Aug 20, 2007
Does anyone have any positive comments?
temoesky

San Jose, CA

#3 Nov 11, 2007
have you had a teen who thinks he or she could run over you, take charge of your life and their's also? Well if you did you should look into sending them to Thayer where they are first in boot camp where all the drugs, booze and sugar or taken out of their system, then they are put through an exercise program not only to get them in shape but to get them squard away, if you do not follow the rules you get consequences, which is exercise. Because the kids are use to them saying no to adults, in boot camo they learn to respect athourity figures.
lifelong kidder resident

Jefferson City, MO

#4 Nov 27, 2007
Clearly, TLC serves a purpose for parents who are at a loss of what to do with their child and use that type of facility as a last resort (I hope). If that is the case, then they should expect extreme circumstances, presumably considering their child has extreme behavior issues. I can't say that I particularly like or dis-like the Bundy's or their operation, however, people keep bringing kids to them, so I guess they must serve a purpose. I am gravely concerned about this "me" generation of children we are raising and have to say that placing them in a situation where they can learn some discipline and respect for others would be a good idea before this generation is running our country. Scary thought, huh? Yes...they will someday be running our country and what concerns me is who they will run to when they don't get their way? The parents of this generation have been enabling (which means "teaching") their children that they can do whatever they want - good or bad - with no consequences because mommy and/or daddy will run to the school, authorities, bosses and whoever else and bail them out. They've been taught to keep badgering person after person until they get the answer/result they want. I hope you are all scared of this because I know I am!
Want 2 know

San Jose, CA

#5 Dec 23, 2007
Just where is this school
answer this

San Jose, CA

#6 Dec 23, 2007
How can an X-guard end up marrying one of the female kids have a baby and still work there?? It's true check it out. Does not sound good he a Sgt and her a cadet sounds like hanky panky
Dustin Barekman

Windsor Mill, MD

#7 Feb 29, 2008
I was a cadet at TLC for 18 months and it was pure hell. that place was complte bullshit
Concerned Person

El Dorado Springs, MO

#8 Dec 11, 2008
I agree with Dustin. You people think a boot camp is the right answer, but this place is a joke. They don't get exercise as punishment. Who the hell told you that? The Bundys? You obviously have no character if you believe them. For punishment they are put in solitary confinement for 30 days or more. They are forced to remove asbestos without face masks. They have to eat rotten food. They are abused and beaten. They spit in their faces. They have to lay in their own waste. They sleep in pools of water. Don't send your kids here. I live nearby and it's not a pretty sight. If you want to help your children, send them to a state-recognized and approved treatment facility. If they're out of control, it's probably because you haven't been a parent. Spend time with them. Listen to them. Help them. If you're absolutely at your wits end, send them to private school, not this place. Children have died in their care because they have refused to take them to the hospital. And if there's something wrong there, like they're abusing the kids, the sheriff's department won't respond because the Bundys have paid the sheriff to turn his head.
Concerned Person

El Dorado Springs, MO

#9 Dec 11, 2008
I'm not from Osceola. I live right by this place. I don't know why it did that.
Concerned Person

El Dorado Springs, MO

#10 Dec 11, 2008
I just found this document. Read it and see what you think. I was appauled. I told you they won't do anything and here's the proof.
http://www.childrenshealthcare.org/PDF%20File...
jasmine ex-cadet

South San Francisco, CA

#11 Feb 24, 2009
i was there not for th longest time, but that place was horrible when i went there an anemmic girl came and she was beaten till she was literally purple. they tied two cadets together with ropes for cutting themselves. I had phlegm hocked in my face. we ran 39 miles one day while everyone urinated and wasted themselves. In the contract they tell parents we visit the bundy's farm and ride horses. we never did any of that. we lived in a basement were i personally woke up to bugs in my hair .

this place is pure torture. dont send ur kid here they lower ur self dignity and self confidence. i guarantee almost all kids there cut themselves while there. do u want ur kid to come back a robot or a better person?
a concerned person

Overland Park, KS

#13 Jul 30, 2009
before sending your child to john and willa bundy please go see this place. its an old falling down school. talk to the near by neighbors. but please investigate this place. Everyone know that lives near by or around there what it is. They hide be hind the mormon church as well.
sister of a cadet

De Kalb, TX

#14 Feb 8, 2010
Concerned Person wrote:
I agree with Dustin. You people think a boot camp is the right answer, but this place is a joke. They don't get exercise as punishment. Who the hell told you that? The Bundys? You obviously have no character if you believe them. For punishment they are put in solitary confinement for 30 days or more. They are forced to remove asbestos without face masks. They have to eat rotten food. They are abused and beaten. They spit in their faces. They have to lay in their own waste. They sleep in pools of water. Don't send your kids here. I live nearby and it's not a pretty sight. If you want to help your children, send them to a state-recognized and approved treatment facility. If they're out of control, it's probably because you haven't been a parent. Spend time with them. Listen to them. Help them. If you're absolutely at your wits end, send them to private school, not this place. Children have died in their care because they have refused to take them to the hospital. And if there's something wrong there, like they're abusing the kids, the sheriff's department won't respond because the Bundys have paid the sheriff to turn his head.
My sister went there in summer of '08. She had nothing negative to say like the bullshit you just said. have you been there? did you live there? no i didn't think so. stop being so judgemental and biased, you sound like a close-minded bitch. yeah i hated the place because they took my sister/bestfriend from me, but i can honestly say it turned her out right. she got HEALTHY meals, A WARM NON-FECIED BED, and they never once slept in water. people like you are ignorant and uneducated to things like this. and the Bundys were actually nice people. its people like you that give them a bad name.
efan

Aurora, MO

#15 Mar 13, 2010
I know of several abuses and cover-ups that have taken place there. Steve Rock from the Kansas City Star spent a lot of time investigating the place. Basically, the county officials have looked the other way either out of intimidation or because they want the revenue from the place. I know of an intimidation of both a health care provider and a few ex-employees. They have had a death there from a kid who was bitten by a brown recluse and refused medical treatment to him.
efan

Aurora, MO

#16 Mar 13, 2010
I don't know why it says I live in Mountain Grove, I live in Clinton County.
Justin

Tampa, FL

#17 Apr 30, 2010
I went to Thayer Learning Center in 2003, I had was somewhat rebellious. No where to the extent that my parents thought i was. They sent me to the thayer learning center to try and "save me". When i got back from boot camp it worked at first, but i ended up being a very bad teen. I have flashbacks of some of the horrible things that went down in this place. When i looked at the website they made it seem like you got a bunk beds, and you shared rooms, and you get to be involved in fun activities. Its all BS... You sleep in an old gymnasium, on the concrete. Theres a cat walk above you where the sergents can watch you sleep. My family didnt recieve half of my letters, because i was trying to tell them of the abuse that went on. the building was probably made in the 1800's. The place looks like something from a horror movie. I went to google today to show my fiance the school, and i find out that they had a 15 year old child die. I feel sympathetic for the family. I don't know if the program is still open under a different name. My advice is this however, Parents who are thinking of sending your children to a bootcamp. Just own up and be good parents. Don't pawn the responsibility of being a good parent on someone else.
christian ray

United States

#18 May 1, 2010
Dustin Barekman wrote:
I was a cadet at TLC for 18 months and it was pure hell. that place was complte bullshit
barekman do u remember me
christian ray

United States

#19 May 1, 2010
I too was a cadet a thayer learning center and after graduation worked there. I attended with dustin barekman. The place is deceitful brain washing cover up for the god damn mormon church. Willa bundy is a two faced manipulating bitch. I wasn't there for everything but I was there for reyes and the riot. If any cadets who were there from 2004 to 2005 please contact me at [email protected]
christian ray

United States

#20 May 1, 2010
To sister of a cadet... Your sister obviously attended tlc after the reyes death the place changed dramatically after that I attended the program graduated and because I had no where to go worked there. The place was a sham. Willa bundy is manipulative conniving bitch hiding behind the mormon church. Her only true concern was her own personal gain. I witnessed vile things happen to kids including myself and now as a parent myself I truly horrifys me. So maybe you should check into it a little more before you open your ignorant mouth.
researching for a loved 1

Bad Axe, MI

#22 Jun 22, 2010
christian ray wrote:
To sister of a cadet... Your sister obviously attended tlc after the reyes death the place changed dramatically after that I attended the program graduated and because I had no where to go worked there. The place was a sham. Willa bundy is manipulative conniving bitch hiding behind the mormon church. Her only true concern was her own personal gain. I witnessed vile things happen to kids including myself and now as a parent myself I truly horrifys me. So maybe you should check into it a little more before you open your ignorant mouth.
A friend asked me to research this place for her son.... He Will NOT Be going to this Hell Hole!! He Can Come Live With Me and MY House of Rules Before thinking of a place like this!!!!
Thank you for your honest input. I will be praying for the family that lost their child. I can't imagine the pain they are going through.... May God Bless you and keep you as you journey through your life as a parent, the most wonderful gift we can have!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kidder Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Midwest Circulation LLC Magazines BEWARE (Apr '11) 12 min Brooke 339
Kidder, Mo.- Old Grace Furniture Store property Aug 19 william b 1
I'm new Jul '15 needing01 1
"old Kidder School" (Nov '10) May '15 ex kidder guy 20
do you know Charles Leroy Pickard???? (Nov '08) Oct '12 donny blair 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Missouri (... (Oct '10) Apr '11 R Brown 23
News Plans for intertribal school on hold until 2011 (Nov '10) Mar '11 Robin Gaede 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kidder Mortgages