Anyone else think that financial educ...

Anyone else think that financial education should be part of public schools?

Posted in the Keysville Forum

wtdzb1990

San Diego, CA

#1 Nov 28, 2013
Anyone else think that financial education should be part of public schools?It's been reported that the middle class debt is now greater than it's income. There's one huge factor to this, lack of financial education. Is there some kind of group of people who are trying to get financial ed into public school systems? It really should be taught at last through highschool.

Look at "the american dream" of owning and house and car. Well I don't remember hearing anything about that stuff in school. Financing, credit cards, amortization. How many people out there know that if you have payed your 30 year fixed rate mortgage for 10 years you've only paid a small portion of the loan amount off. So unless you are going to be paying on it for the full 30 years, just do interest only.

I'm sure there are some rich old farts preventing it, but I think if enough people pushed for it, the school system might actually be worth going through to some degree.
lipvcynlanny

San Diego, CA

#2 Nov 28, 2013
wtdzb1990 wrote:
Anyone else think that financial education should be part of public schools?It's been reported that the middle class debt is now greater than it's income. There's one huge factor to this, lack of financial education. Is there some kind of group of people who are trying to get financial ed into public school systems? It really should be taught at last through highschool.

Look at "the american dream" of owning and house and car. Well I don't remember hearing anything about that stuff in school. Financing, credit cards, amortization. How many people out there know that if you have payed your 30 year fixed rate mortgage for 10 years you've only paid a small portion of the loan amount off. So unless you are going to be paying on it for the full 30 years, just do interest only.

I'm sure there are some rich old farts preventing it, but I think if enough people pushed for it, the school system might actually be worth going through to some degree..
This site can help you finding the best option for you:@www.credit-solutions.info

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keysville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
James "Don" Harris Nov 30 Billy 1
Victoria VA (Jan '06) Mar '17 bulk 25
How can I make money online? (Nov '13) Jan '16 Casey 3
Why do we get pop-ups saying we won the lotto, ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 qobofapihoh 2
My fiance is very behind in his child support p... (Dec '13) Dec '13 xiperecabus 2
Is it me or? (Dec '13) Dec '13 avonakojy 2
Study of Globalization? (Dec '13) Dec '13 xqriverhead 2

Keysville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keysville Mortgages