A Clay legislator wants to ban all abortions

Feb 28, 2010 Full story: Florida Times-Union 11

A Clay County legislator's plan to outlaw abortion in Florida has gained quick traction with the anti-abortion community but faces numerous obstacles, from skeptical House colleagues to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Full Story

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#1 Mar 1, 2010
How about we just make it illegal for religious people to hold office? They do nothing but waste time and resources on bills that are so obviously unconstitutional that they are a major problem, not only to freedom but to the budget.
Realityck

Palatka, FL

#2 Apr 11, 2010
What if your mother had aborted you?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#3 Apr 11, 2010
Then I'd still be smarter than you are.
Realityck wrote:
What if your mother had aborted you?
Kung Fu Grip Jesus

Keystone Heights, FL

#4 May 2, 2010
We're outnumbered by Glenn Beck fans.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#5 May 11, 2010
I agree with a ban. However, with a ban must come a change of heart for the person. Force does not work.
rubygoober

Ringgold, GA

#6 May 11, 2010
Of course, let's ban all abortions~~we can go back to the day when desperate women inserted and gouged themselves with coathangers or sought "help" in some sleazy, back alley motel.
Of course there will always be the ones that can afford to travel where a safe, legal abortion is available.
I have no right to tell another woman what is best for her, her health or her circumstance.
MUIM

Thornhill, Canada

#7 May 11, 2010
Islander777 wrote:
I agree with a ban. However, with a ban must come a change of heart for the person. Force does not work.
So then you don't agree with the ban you agree with choice.

Location hidden

#8 May 12, 2010
I need to think about that for a while. I am completely against abortion. 100%. But- while I argue for my opinion, I am hesitant to think that I can force someone not to do as they wish. MUIM - you made me think.

rubygoober - the only thing I have to say about your comment is that when a person is in need of an abortion, other options can be explained to the individual. Where we may be able to converse about this, there are extremists on both sides of the issue that see only their point. Those in favor of choice, seem to be in favor of abortion. If one is truly pro-choice, then why not offer all available options for the true benefit of the female?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#9 May 12, 2010
Islander777 wrote:
I need to think about that for a while. I am completely against abortion. 100%. But- while I argue for my opinion, I am hesitant to think that I can force someone not to do as they wish. MUIM - you made me think.
rubygoober - the only thing I have to say about your comment is that when a person is in need of an abortion, other options can be explained to the individual. Where we may be able to converse about this, there are extremists on both sides of the issue that see only their point. Those in favor of choice, seem to be in favor of abortion. If one is truly pro-choice, then why not offer all available options for the true benefit of the female?
No one is pro-abortion. We are pro-choice because we support a woman's right to MAKE her own choice. The only reason we are talking only about abortion here is because it's the only choice that's being debated. When someone tries to make childbirth and adoption illegal, you'll see up arguing against that as well.

It's really not up to us to 'offer' a woman choices. If she needs help and asks, that's a different proposition. What makes you think we wouldn't offer help with the other choices?
MUIM

Thornhill, Canada

#10 May 12, 2010
Islander777 wrote:
Bitner already said it...but
Pro-choice is not pro-abortion.
There are many pro-choicers much like yourself, who do think it is horrible, who would never choose abortion themselves, who would rather risk their lives then have an abortion.
Most pro-choice people focus on pregnancy prevention, and sexual education.
I have never met a pro-choice person who was against another person giving birth. If someone was against anyone giving birth, and was advocating women going out to get pregnant just to get an abortion....THAT would make them PRO abortion
What makes someone pro-choice is knowing that what someone else does with their own body is nobodys business but theirs.

Location hidden

#11 May 14, 2010
After a few days of thought, I have come to the firm conclusion that I can not be a person who calls himself pro-choice. I am all about life at conception, etc.

Perhaps the issue with abortion is that there are apparently only two sides. Pro choice and Pro life.

There needs to be a third. I am pro-life, period. However, I can have a conversation with a person (like those above) about the issues. Many pro-life and pro-choice individuals try to talk and then start disrespectful behavior and talk that does not help child or mother.

Even radio talk show hosts won't touch the subject. It is taboo.

This is my last post on this. My prayers go out to those who have to make tough decisions.

Islander

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keystone Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Health Care - Melrose, FL (Dec '09) 12 hr baxy 3
gorizia italian restaurant (Jan '06) Jan 20 Discouraged 96
Debate: Gay Marriage - Keystone Heights, FL (Aug '10) Jan 18 Brian_G 9
pure coincidence...found these coincidences....... (Mar '12) Jan 13 gest 246
Ku Klux Klan is still alive and well in Florida (Aug '08) Jan 11 Go Blue Forever 365
Creditcard Dec 31 anonymous 2
grandson Dec '14 gloria 1
More from around the web

Keystone Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:10 pm PST

NBC Sports10:10PM
Jerramy Stevens arrested on suspicion of DUI
NBC Sports 2:47 PM