First Prev
of 2
Next Last
66 GTO

Mars Hill, NC

#22 Dec 25, 2013
Toodles wrote:
<quoted text>
Ray Brown died a couple years before the date of the above question.
Sad to hear that, Ray was a good guy and I liked him. Any body remember Larry Fernback, Al Manetti, George Roman or Roy Lambertson?
Justsumguy

Jackson, NJ

#23 Jan 24, 2014
I just looked up Wetsons remember going there when I was 6 or 7 when my father would take me fishing. Lake Hopatcong I think. I always thought it was before Mc Donalds. I lived in north Jersey but moved to central years ago. I used to go to airport Plaza Interstate Electronics in the mid 90s. I lived around parkway exit 100 and traveled to exit 117 Keyport. I remember when a sub sandwich weighed a pound or more for a buck an a half. To all my Vietnam vets Just overwhelming for me im glad were all here anyhow nice remembering Wetsons and here all this time I thought they started it all before Micky Dees.
Kathy

New Brunswick, NJ

#24 Feb 15, 2014
Just wanted to let you know that IEI is still in airport plaza and Mike's sub shop is still open in Keyport. The place was rebuilt after Sandy. Mike's sons run the place now and their subs are still the best!
66 gto

Mars Hill, NC

#25 Feb 16, 2014
Kathy wrote:
Just wanted to let you know that IEI is still in airport plaza and Mike's sub shop is still open in Keyport. The place was rebuilt after Sandy. Mike's sons run the place now and their subs are still the best!
Hi Kathy, I got Mike's subs in 1966, I can remember thinking about the oil and vinegar of a Mike's sub in Pleiku, Republic of South Vietnam in 1969. Glad to hear his kid's have taken over his business. Wish them blessings and good luck, their daddy was a good and kindly man, many good memories of Mike. 66gto and viet vet. God Bless Girl.
66 gto

Mars Hill, NC

#26 Feb 16, 2014
Kathy wrote:
Kathy thank you for repliying.I will be back on here later to adress other historical issues, but I really appreciate you adressing issues. Thank you .
66 gto

Burnsville, NC

#27 Mar 30, 2014
Wan't to keep this going. Anybody still around from the 60's pipe up. I made it back from the "nam. And have children and Grandchildren, Would love to just hear from someone who was there back then, I would probably remember you, or your family. If you hung around Wetson's in 1966, I drove the maroon GTO and my firsrt name was Roy.
checkel

Lakewood, NJ

#28 Jun 12, 2014
Anyone remember Lofts candy at the airport plaza in the 60's?
Another Raitan Grad

Aberdeen, MD

#29 Jul 12, 2014
Raritan Grad wrote:
Not only did my buddy and I ride our bikes from Annapolis Drive to Wetson's my mom would buy our fanily a bag full when the use to run their 10 for $1.00.
I also remember IEI and yes, they had really cool stuff for electronic nut and car speakers were cheap as heck.
I also lived on Annapolis Dr and use to ride my Bike with my buddy tothe Airpot Plaza to get the 10 Wetsons burgers for a buck. Odd thing is I also live in Windber PA till last year but still own a home there. I graduated in 1976 and live @#22Annapolis Dr. I wonder who you are:)
Toodles

West Palm Beach, FL

#30 Sep 7, 2014
66 GTO wrote:
<quoted text>P.s You would'nt be Ray Brown would you?. S till remember Racer Brown.
Ray Brown would never sit at a computer and even try to type. Ray died 6 years ago. And it very well could have been those 35-40 burgers he and Big D would scarf down in one sitting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keyport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Koyal Group Info Mag: Ärzte wieder zu beleb... Thu mastersite 1
Joseph Bolger Middle School Horror (Dec '09) Thu kiki 16
Norvell Group and Associates Oct 28 Anonymous 1
Citizen complaints leads to drug arrests in Kea... Oct 28 DaStraw 2
Florence Avenue is dangerous! Oct 28 Nick 1
Corliss Expert Group in Home Security Oct 24 Pete 2
Elliott and Associates Corporate Strategic Plan... Oct 22 yuki3rnaskie 1

Keyport News Video

Keyport Dating
Find my Match