Mediterranean chateau (formerly Charlie Browns)

Posted in the Keyport Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12

Since: Apr 12

Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

If anybody knows the people opening this place. Please tell them not to use Sanitary Linen Supply as their linen service provider. They will regret it . The place is a rundown sweat shop! They only hire illegal aliens with fake ss numbers. The guy doesn't put money into his business the building is outdated from the 1930's and is outdated and unsafe. Sanitary linen thinks they are the only linen service around. It shows in their attitude. When you sign a contract with them they treat you like a number and their quality and service sucks!
bklyn born

Wayne, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Laundryguy33 wrote:
If anybody knows the people opening this place. Please tell them not to use Sanitary Linen Supply as their linen service provider. They will regret it . The place is a rundown sweat shop! They only hire illegal aliens with fake ss numbers. The guy doesn't put money into his business the building is outdated from the 1930's and is outdated and unsafe. Sanitary linen thinks they are the only linen service around. It shows in their attitude. When you sign a contract with them they treat you like a number and their quality and service sucks!
Wow you have issues ....guess your parents never hugged you sicko
OB Reader

Matawan, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Laundryguy33 wrote:
Yep, I usually decide where to eat based on the company that launders the restaurant's tablecloths!!

Sounds like you're just a competing Linen Supply company that wants to bad mouth your competitor.
OB Reader

Matawan, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Just drove by this place yesterday and it's not even open yet.

Anyone know when it's scheduled to open?
Nick

Edison, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Been checking every month and still not open. Reminds me of the movie" The Money Pit" ; 2 weeks.
kris and jim

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Food was good. Sangria great.... Weird tho bc they dont have a point of sale system everything handwritten.... Appetizers kept coming from kitchen to bar and the employees didn't know who they were for.... Will go back in a few weeks once they get their groove and things go smoothly....
Holly

Hazlet, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Had 7:30pm reservations for my family of five last evening. Were seated promptly, order taken and drinks served. Then we waited, and waited and waited for dinner. Waiter never came back to check on us even when we tried to signal him over. After an hour for waiting for food we went to the manager who continued to tell us to "bear with her". Another 15 minutes goes by, no food. We decided to leave. We paid our bar bill (5 beers and one diet coke) to the tune of $44.00. I know they have only been open a few days but they aren't going to last long. Beware!
Skizots

Old Bridge, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

I hope that anyone who risked going there today for Thanksgiving had better luck. Hopefully in time, things will improve. Happy Thanksgiving.
Marilyn

Monroe Township, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Service is subpar. Staff looks around at each other and don't really know what to do. Walked in and waited forever until someone came out to greet us. Without reservations, we were told we had to wait until 9 pm (it was 5 pm). When we called we were told reservations were recommended but not necessary! People leaving the restaurant had nothing nice to say. Needless to say we left and loved our dinner and service at Costa Verde. We will not attempt to return to Mediterranean Chateau!
Frustrated customer

Marlboro, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

I had the stuffed scallops as an appetizer. The "crab" stuffing contained something other than crab and the scallops were very under cooked. I mentioned this to the waiter and got no response. My main dish was Paella Chateau. What I received was a soup of floating rice and tasteless shellfish. I found it amazing how a chef could remove every morsel of flavor from shellfish. After two spoonfuls I told the waiter I did not like the dish. He took it away without any accommodation. I paid the check and left, never to return.
OB Reader

Hazlet, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Frustrated customer wrote:
I had the stuffed scallops as an appetizer. The "crab" stuffing contained something other than crab and the scallops were very under cooked. I mentioned this to the waiter and got no response. My main dish was Paella Chateau. What I received was a soup of floating rice and tasteless shellfish. I found it amazing how a chef could remove every morsel of flavor from shellfish. After two spoonfuls I told the waiter I did not like the dish. He took it away without any accommodation. I paid the check and left, never to return.
I went there with my family a few months ago for Mother's day. While my experience wasn't as bad as yours, I definitely consider the place below average. It was very over crowded. They had groups of 4 in tables that should have been for 2 and groups of 5 and 6 in tables that should have been for 4. Also all the tables were jammed in. Looks like they took advantage of it being a holiday to jam too many people in.

Further, I agree about the food. Everything our party ordered was "average" or below.

There are too many decent restaurants in this area for us to go back.
Skizots

Pompton Lakes, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Out of curiosity and having the urge for Portuguese food, my family and I went there this past Spring. While we had attentive service (during the week, at 5:00pm), the food was just ok - very bland. Nothing is better than the Spanish/Portuguese restaurants of Newark, NJ!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Keyport Discussions

Search the Keyport Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What's going on in your town this weekWhat's go... 15 hr concerned 1
Anybody out there that used to Hangout at Wetso... (Feb '13) Sat Another Raitan Grad 28
Again, Hazlet Residents Report Items Stolen Fro... Jul 3 jacked in hazlet 1
New Jersey students help Michelle Obama harvest... Jul 3 Reverand Al Chimpton 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in New Jersey... (Oct '10) Jul 1 Francis Sheer 24
Skatejam Jun 30 Jacked in Hazlet 1
Paranormal New Jersey: Ghost hunters espouse 'p... Jun 14 Parafaggotry 1
•••
•••

Keyport News Video

•••
•••

Keyport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••