First Prev
of 4
Next Last
sam

Saddle Brook, NJ

#1 Mar 13, 2009
They should remove the pool table & the dart board, which only attract white trash . The owners have put in a ton of money and made it a real nice looking place. However the beer swilling , shot drinking rodents who patronize the place will keep normal folks away . If you like to hang out with trailer trash , this is the place for you. It should be renamed the RAT shack .
Frank

Saddle Brook, NJ

#2 Apr 8, 2009
Oh boy , what a dive ! Complete with foul mouthed , well inked patrons with room temperature I.Q.`s . If you have a high school education and a job , this is a place to avoid. However , if you are the "shot and a beer let`s hang out, play pool and rumble type " this place is right up your alley.
Brian

United States

#3 Apr 9, 2009
your full of it! Its a nice neighborhood bar with great food. You must own one of the other establishments in town.
Frank

Saddle Brook, NJ

#4 Apr 9, 2009
I do not own another bar in town, I simply patronize them. You prove my point " your full of it " , should be " you`re full of it " , anyone with a high school diploma knows that. Enjoy the Rat Shack , with all the other shot and a beer folks. Visit The Brass Rail, Cafe 34 , or Maloneys if you want to rub elbows with a more sophisticated crowd.
Sue

Saddle Brook, NJ

#5 Apr 9, 2009
i was in the kat shack with my husband , it`s a cute little neighborhood place . everything was nice until a bunch of bikers showed up, they were loud and obnixous . they got into a shouting match while playing pool. it got very uncomfortable in there so we paid our bill and left.
Alaina

Newark, NJ

#6 Apr 15, 2009
The Brass Rail looks promising. I've heard it's not that good though. They should work on the food
steve

Lakewood, NJ

#7 Apr 19, 2009
i heard the same, also heard that the owners think there the best thing since sliced bread
Manuel

Hackettstown, NJ

#8 Apr 19, 2009
It looks like the Matawan area drunks are going strong.
John

New York, NY

#9 Apr 21, 2009
Sam - You obviously were touched as a child. Frank - Tell Queen Elizabeth and her big eared retarded son I said hello. Have you read "Swann's Way" by Marcel Proust? I know a great place where you can discuss it...a place called "The Manhole" be sure to bring your high school diploma you elitist c#nt. Steve - it's THEY'RE not THERE. Manuel - go back to waiting outside 711 and polishing your switchblade.
sam

Saddle Brook, NJ

#10 Apr 22, 2009
John- This is a forum about Matawan topics not a place for you to blast people for their opinions. Give a rating on the Kat Shack , start your own forum topic or keep your stupid comments to yourself.
Todd Blankenship

United States

#11 Apr 23, 2009
I feel John's comments are germane to the conversation. He is attempting to point out the hypocrisy inherent in Sam's statements. Such elitist snobbery (complaining about "white trash" and "trailer trash") is really not conducive to a productive conversation about the relative merit of the Kat Shack vis-a-vis other establishments. I think Sam is partial to the "Brass Rail" because he met his wife while she was working a "Brass Pole" at Frank's Chicken Shack.
Todd Blankenship

United States

#12 Apr 23, 2009
Same goes for you, "Frank". I've had just about enough of your snobbery, lording your high school diploma over the unwashed masses. Although I think you want to rub more than the elbows of the sophisticates you claim to hang around with...
Nick

Keansburg, NJ

#13 Apr 25, 2009
All of you sound like a bunch of bitches.
Josef Fritzel Jr

Panama City, Panama

#14 Apr 26, 2009
Wow, an Internet Tough Guy. Tool
jose

Saddle Brook, NJ

#15 May 22, 2009
me like kat shak ice cold cerveza in cans cheap viva matawan
Todd Blankenship

United States

#16 May 27, 2009
Jose...
I would like to buy you a beer, Any chance we can meet up at the Kat Shack this friday? I have a few other friends that would like to meet you as well...
jose

Saddle Brook, NJ

#17 May 28, 2009
u sound like ice cop an trap me i like it hear aint goin back to mexico leve me alone
Todd Blankenship

United States

#18 May 28, 2009
We wouldn't dream of sending you back to Mexico...we just want to talk. Drink some beers (or "cerveza" as it's known to your people)...maybe we'll all go back to my place...I can give you a massage..and then maybe you can massage me..
Matawan Man

Massapequa Park, NY

#19 Jun 4, 2009
so lemme get this straight....you guys go to a bar and then complain when there are loud mouth tattooed people there? thats hilarious.... your better off at the library with a glass of wine
jerzee girl

Asbury Park, NJ

#20 Jun 5, 2009
i think that obviously the people who are complaining about matawan and the life the residents lead is whack!!! u obviously live here too so please explain to me how you are better than anyone.. and i def agree with the if you want a quiet place to chill; y go to a popular bar who welcome anyone and everyone???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keyport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Officials help break ground for new $51 million... Dec 19 the taxpayers 2
union beach (Apr '06) Dec 17 Sasha 535
keansburg cops are joke Dec 7 mark 2
I'm trying to contact Ron Henry Morel Nov 27 Frank Gannucci 3
Mens softball league? (Jun '09) Nov 26 Algrea 11
Keensburg in my early years (Feb '07) Nov '14 Cathy Keansburg 60
No excuse for inaction on emissions Nov '14 kristywalls 1

Keyport News Video

Keyport Dating
Find my Match