Jan 9, 2012

Judged:

For those who might have lost track of Keyport School District resignations --

This summer --
Central School Vice Principal Medlin
High School Principal Brownridge
Director of Guidance Biggan

Central School 2nd grade teacher Amanda Caruso
(resigned 12/20, effective date 12/31/11)
High School Social Studies teacher Chris Reginio
(resigned 12/15, effective date 2/10/12)
Central School Art teacher Christina Cella
High School Math Teacher Michael Williams
(resigned 12/13, effective date 2/27/12)
High School Math Teacher Candice Linzmayer
(resigned 12/16, effective date 3/1/12)

Will the last one out please shut the door and turn out the lights.
Cissy

East Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2012

Judged:

Why? Does anyone know? I am extremely disappointed with the education that my child is receiving in the Keyport School District.
justme wrote:
For those who might have lost track of Keyport School District resignations --
This summer --
Central School Vice Principal Medlin
High School Principal Brownridge
Director of Guidance Biggan
Central School 2nd grade teacher Amanda Caruso
(resigned 12/20, effective date 12/31/11)
High School Social Studies teacher Chris Reginio
Central School Art teacher Christina Cella
High School Math Teacher Michael Williams
(resigned 12/13, effective date 2/27/12)
High School Math Teacher Candice Linzmayer
(resigned 12/16, effective date 3/1/12)
Will the last one out please shut the door and turn out the lights.
The Graduate

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2012

Judged:

Cissy wrote:
Why? Does anyone know? I am extremely disappointed with the education that my child is receiving in the Keyport School District.
<quoted text>
There's no such thing as "Education" in public schools.
There's only "Indoctrination."

http://lewrockwell.com/rep3/get-your-kids-out...
Cissy

East Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Judged:

To help keep count - one more teacher is resigning - Sue Murphee a special ed. teacher.
Cissy

East Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Here's another teacher to add to the count. Steven DiGiambattisti, a gym teacher at the Central School. Retired on March 1, 2012. Found out this teach was accused of attacking a 12 year old boy at the Central School in 1978. It was reported in The Independent on Nov. 22, 1978. For those who may be interested the link to the newspaper article is

http://matawan.ididigital.com/TheIndependent/...
justme

Hazlet, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2012

Cissy wrote:
Here's another teacher to add to the count. Steven DiGiambattisti, a gym teacher at the Central School. Retired on March 1, 2012. Found out this teach was accused of attacking a 12 year old boy at the Central School in 1978. It was reported in The Independent on Nov. 22, 1978. For those who may be interested the link to the newspaper article is
http://matawan.ididigital.com/TheIndependent/...
Another addition --- Sherri Sobel Central School teacher retiring effective July 1, 2011. I'm sure this is not the last we will be hearing of lots more before the school year comes to an end.
E Z Monn

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

I live in Union Beach. The Union Beach school district is ranked a dismal 496 out of 559 school districts in New Jersey. Bottom 20%!!! The keyport school district is ranked 465 out of the 559 districts. Bottom 25%!!! Wow some improvment huh??? This is a disgrace and a complete failure of local government to allow this to continue. There is no justification or excuse for this. Our young people are being robbed of a quality education dispite outragous property taxes. Someone needs to be held accountable... NOW!!!
justme

Hazlet, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

E Z Monn wrote:
I live in Union Beach. The Union Beach school district is ranked a dismal 496 out of 559 school districts in New Jersey. Bottom 20%!!! The keyport school district is ranked 465 out of the 559 districts. Bottom 25%!!! Wow some improvment huh??? This is a disgrace and a complete failure of local government to allow this to continue. There is no justification or excuse for this. Our young people are being robbed of a quality education dispite outragous property taxes. Someone needs to be held accountable... NOW!!!
If you want to hold someone accountable .... Go to Board of Education meetings. Let the board members know that there are parents out there who care about the state of the schools and want change. Will you children be attending Keyport High School? It is a failing school district, don't wait until they get there thinking things will improve because it won't -- trust me.
Cissy

East Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2012

The high school is definitely failing our children. Unless your child is in APs classes, they will be overlooked. There are no remedial classes for those students who are struggling. The BOE only cares about money and sports, not educating the students. Only my opinion.
Cissy

East Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Another one to add to the list:
Ms. Angela McGarry - an english teacher at the high school.
justme

Hazlet, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

Okay, the Director of Curriculum - Erin Mulligan-Pierre has resigned to become principal at Red Bank Regional Primary School.
Cissy

East Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Must be something in the water at the schools. Add three more, two resignations and one retirement --

Resignation Scott Modzelewski, High School Gym Teacher
Resignation Daniel Smith, Board Member
Retirement Pablo Rodriguez, Custodian

If my count is correct, the total count within the year is 19. WOW!
Cissy

East Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Maybe Ms. Mulligan-Pierre will do for Red Bank what she did for Keyport. One reason Keyport students are falling behind is due to a poor curriculum.
justme

Hazlet, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Now we can add the vice principal of the high school. Cissy you can make that an even 20 with more to come I'm sure.
Cissy

East Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Update:

Elaine Neary, Central School Aide, submitted her letter of retirement.

justme, the information I have is that the High School Vice Principal Melissa Jones will take over the position of Director of Curriculum.

Anyway, anyone looking for a job? The position of Vice Principal at the high school is open. Salary approx.$100,000 a year.
justme

Hazlet, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Cissy wrote:
Update:
Elaine Neary, Central School Aide, submitted her letter of retirement.
justme, the information I have is that the High School Vice Principal Melissa Jones will take over the position of Director of Curriculum.
Anyway, anyone looking for a job? The position of Vice Principal at the high school is open. Salary approx.$100,000 a year.
hmmm, why would she go from vice principal to director of curriculum isn't that a downward progression.
I'm sure we will hear of plenty more who are not coming back next year, whether it be retirement or not being asked back.
Cissy

East Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

I just recounted, my original count was wrong, its now 17 who have resigned or retired.

I'm not counting Melissa Jones as she is switching positions.
jersey at heart

Hazlet, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

I know some have left for more money..... unless Keyport raises taxes to crazy amounts, they will be stuck with a revolving door of teachers in and out.
Cissy

East Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

I don't think salary is the issue. All schools have cut back. I have been in this town for a long time and have never seen so many leave the school in such a short amount of time. Something else must be going on.
justme

Hazlet, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Cissy wrote:
I don't think salary is the issue. All schools have cut back. I have been in this town for a long time and have never seen so many leave the school in such a short amount of time. Something else must be going on.
I agree, it is not strictly a money thing. The work environment has a lot to do with it. Those who are not happy with their job are obviously more prone to look for a new one. Those on the verge of retirement make a decision to leave sooner when they are miserable. If they were happy, loved the atmosphere and their boss then they would stay.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Keyport Forum right now

Search the Keyport Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Fallen Union Beach Soldiers (May '10) Jul 20 Don Shipley 2
union beach (Apr '06) Jul 19 Dan Shipley 534
RT-35/36 merge GSP (Jun '13) Jul 17 Aiden 8
What's going on in your town this weekWhat's go... Jul 13 concerned 1
Anybody out there that used to Hangout at Wetso... (Feb '13) Jul 12 Another Raitan Grad 28
Again, Hazlet Residents Report Items Stolen Fro... Jul 3 jacked in hazlet 1
New Jersey students help Michelle Obama harvest... Jul 3 Reverand Al Chimpton 2
•••
•••

Keyport News Video

•••
•••

Keyport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••