Keyports appliance fee for appliance ...

Keyports appliance fee for appliance removal

Posted in the Keyport Forum

Recyc guy

Central Islip, NY

#1 Nov 24, 2011
Why is it that keyport charges $25.00 for a freon filled appliance to be picked up. As they say that is to cover the cost of freon recycling. Well I watched the truck pickup our air cand and bring it to the recy center where they picked it up and crushed it with a backhoe letting all the gas into the air. Does it cost $25.00 to do that. I would rather call one of those guys that picks up appliances for free. I have seen some of their signs around. When I called they said they recy everypart of an appliance. Food for thought.
metal man

Central Islip, NY

#2 Nov 24, 2011
Yes I dont know if they do that but I am one of those guys that drive around picking up appliances. We take our freon filled to be drained and recycled then take apart the rest to recycle. In todays economy I have to do all I can for the kids collage fund.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#3 Nov 26, 2011
I think the recycling company charges the fee regardless of whether a ac unit or fridge has freon or not so that fee gets passed on to the resident. I wish the town would come up with a law for scrap scavengers since the money helps pay for programs in town. The more the town recycles the more money they get back so don't complain any time there is a tax increase to keep a service going.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keyport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Racist Matawan police post to Facebebook ,white... Jan 7 khaze 2
Busting the seams Dec '17 Whitey ford 2
red oak grill Dec '17 owner for two years 3
Review: Foley & Assoc - Peter Foley CPA (Jun '10) Oct '17 Jude 3
x firechief is a racist Oct '17 kelly g 1
Keyport Then and Now (Mar '07) May '17 raditrike 173
News Comment on Member Rewards by textile testing in... (Mar '17) Mar '17 SatatonMall 1

Keyport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keyport Mortgages