Spelunker

New York, NY

#21 Feb 1, 2008
"English has always been our primary language"

That's not true.
zimpapa

Bayonne, NJ

#22 Feb 1, 2008
Speaking as a woman with a small child who lives around the corner from this 7-11, I have to say this whole thread is missing the point. It's not the fact that immigrants are loitering, it's that ANYONE is being allowed to loiter. That corner is right along the route to the schools for many kids, and it's downright scary sometimes. Not because of day laborers so much, but because many of the guys who mill around there appear to be local vagrants. I'm glad to hear the benches are gone, but what would really make a difference is greater police presence during the day.
Dave77

AOL

#23 Feb 1, 2008
Zimpapa your right on. My original point was that the area was being occupied by illegal day laborers. But anyone or any group that loiters creates a quality of life issue for all of us. It doesn't matter what race, religiion, country of origin. My complaints stem from personal experience where my young son present when 3 of these men urinated in public with no regard as to who was passing by. The fact that many of them are illegal immigrants is just not problem attached to the issue. We will rectify this situation as long as more of us voice our opinions and remain strong.
frank

Middletown, NJ

#24 Feb 1, 2008
Dave you are just a bigot and racist, you know how hard it is to learn another language. Yes I believe they should learn it, but people like you want it done right away. Give them a chance. I believe you really don't like Hispanic people. God bless you!
Dave77

AOL

#25 Feb 1, 2008
In all of my posts I've never mentioned a race of people. I could give a crap what color a person is or what nation he/she comes from. My issue is illegal activity. I will not stand by and allow illegal events to go on right in front of me. No racist talk will ever leave my mouth. So before making false accusation towards me, read my posts. My issues (and I'll state them again) are large groups of men loitering in an area to obtain illegal non tax paying jobs. Urinating in public and creating a dangerous, dirty enviornment that neither me, my family or neighbors deserve. IT HAS NOTING TO DO WITH RACE OR RELIGION. Just like Bill O'Reilly's show this is a "No Spin" area. I refuse to allow anyone to change the track of this discussion
Spelunker

Cresskill, NJ

#26 Feb 1, 2008
"No racist talk will ever leave my mouth."

Dave i think you are a bit Schizo here. How can you say that yet tell people what language they need to speak?

Bill O'Reilly = BIGOT

"My issues (and I'll state them again)" you forgot that you don't like that they don't speak your language.

You don't want to change the track of your discussion but you are all over the place.

For the record: I agree with you, I dont think all of the day workers should be hanging out in front of the 7 11. However I have not seen any recommendations from you on what you would do.
frank

Middletown, NJ

#27 Feb 1, 2008
Big Bad DAVE77

If it was bunch of white people hanging and occasionally taking a piss, you would just walk right into the 7-11 and go about your business. You state you wouldn't stand for illegals hanging around so what are you going to do complain about it. Your just a bigot and racist, running your big mouth nothing.

Why don't you go down the road some and complain to the people who are dealing crack, no because you would get your butt kick,----that's why. Your nothing but an idiot.
Dave77

AOL

#28 Feb 1, 2008
Hey, I see I got some peoples blood flowing. Good for you. The issue still will not change no matter how much you try and twist the words and intentions. I don't care who's doing it. Illegal activity is illegal activity. Not gonna happen while I live here. I used O'Reilly as tool to bring the point home that I don't care the race, religion or any other item you care to bring. Everything else is just useless talk. No one is going to cloud the issue so spout on. It makes for great reading.
frank

Middletown, NJ

#29 Feb 1, 2008
Your just a piece of crap, loud mouth do nothing bum. Why don't you do the town a favor and move out BIGOT!
Spelunker

Cresskill, NJ

#30 Feb 1, 2008
You go Dave. I still dont know your plan. But i' sure you have one. right?
Dave77

AOL

#31 Feb 2, 2008
You know I was hoping for a more intellectual discussion from residents of my town. Its a shame their are a few people out there just commenting for the hell of it. This issue is important to Keyport residents. It will go away I promise. One way or another. Diligence and patience has shown it can be done in other towns and I intent to see it through. I would have been nice to hear from people that actually have an opinion.
frank

Middletown, NJ

#32 Feb 2, 2008
Dave get a grip on yourself your a bigot and a big mouth bum.
Dave77

AOL

#33 Feb 2, 2008
As I've said on other threads Frank, you don't seem to like it when someone makes fun of you. Neither do I. These issues are pretty important to alot of folks. If you must comment, say something that is helpful and not abusive. Day Laboring is an illegal activity. Many of the men I'm talking about are illegal immigrants. I've witnessed them urinating out in public in front of children and women. If people think this is ok your in the wrong forum. I don't care what the color of this skin is nor do I care about religion. I'm going to protect my family. Those who don't like it find another thread to post on. I'm not changing my views.
Spelunker

Cresskill, NJ

#34 Feb 2, 2008
"Day Laboring is an illegal activity."

It has become a necessary activity too. You want cheap labor? You need day labor. If piss is pissin you off what are you going to do about it? Keep checking back for posts on the topix forum? What is your plan Dave? If there were public bathrooms or port-a-pottys for them would that make it OK by you?
Dave77

AOL

#35 Feb 3, 2008
My plan? As a civilian I have no leverage on the system except for writting the Mayor and inquring at council meetings, or speaking with the police. There is nothing legal about daylaboring. Whether its the illegal immigrants or the working off the books or the loitering in a public place. This has many faces to it. Its also a quality of life issue. I've spoken to many women in town who are actually afraid to go to that part of town. They've been catcalled, propositioned and all sorts of crude things. To me its an enviornment that is unnecessary, dangerous, dirty and since its illegal too needs to be removed. I want the police in town to keep the area clear. If Landscapers or Construction Companies or Plumbers or whowever want to hire these guys, go directly to their homes. After that its up to the authorities to continue it further
Dave77

AOL

#36 Feb 3, 2008
This will be my last post about this issue. There are many reasons why allowing 30-50 daylaborers to congregate daily in an area marked "No Trespassing". The obvious ones I have pointed out several times. This situation, left unaddressed can only lead to more serious problems down the road. One last observation. Last spring I was coming out of that 7-11 and 2 woman pulled in to the lot. Their car had Pennsylvania license plates. They got out of the vehicle and immediately were bombarded with catcalls. They immediately got back into their vehicle and drove away. Not the reputation I want for my town. I have not witnessed one postive experience from this situation. Bad things always escalate when you leave unlawful activities alone. These individuals need to leave pure and simple. Its not a matter of race, religion or denying anyone work. Its a matter of safety and quality of life for the tax paying residents of Keyport. Sorry to those who disagree, but my family comes above all things.
frank

Middletown, NJ

#37 Feb 3, 2008
Not in my backyard these lowlife are to be. Catcalls come from all type of men.
frank

Middletown, NJ

#38 Feb 7, 2008
Dave you took off just like I thought you would, I just wanted to see how far I could go before you ran off of this post please read on you must be a white American:
They have the United Negro College Fund.
They have Martin Luther King Day.
They have Black History Month.
They have Cesar Chavez Day.
They have Yom Hashoah.
They have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.
They have the NAACP.
They have BET.
If we had WET (White Entertainment Television) we'd be racists.
If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists.
If we had White History Month , we'd be racists.
If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance' OUR lives we'd be racists.
We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce.
Wonder who pays for that?
A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant, but any color can be in the Miss America pageant.
If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships you know we'd be racists.
There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US . Yet if there were 'White colleges' THAT would be a racist college.
In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists.
You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.
They rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots another American group who are gang members or beats up a drug-dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.
I am proud. But you call me a racist.
Why is it that only whites can be racists?
There is nothing improper about being a White American.
Dave what do you or the other think now!
JAS

Pleasanton, CA

#39 May 29, 2008
Noone has posted on this forum in a while, but I wanted to say that I agree with Dave. I live close to the mustering area also and, sorry, it looks awful, its embarassing to me that any guests I have over might have to pass by and see it. I've worked hard to make a nice home and it just brings down the area.
I don't care if I have to pay more for lawn care, etc., as it is I pay more in taxes because of the illegals who do not pay taxes and whose children go to Keyport schools, not to mention the area hospitals that are closing due to indigent care.
By the way, a private citizen called CBS, who owns those billboardsto, to explain the situation to them and ask them to put the no trespassing signs up. Alot of good that did. With CBS being an absentee landlord, its going to take more than that.
Dave77

AOL

#40 Jun 4, 2008
I have posted on blogs in all most every newspaper I know. I read the statistics and I listen to my neighbors. The story is always the same. Illegal immigrants cost this nation billions of dollars a year. We make very little due to their working day laborer jobs and on farms and such. The bills for medical alone completely outweigh any money imputed into the economy. Daylaboring is an illegal practice. Loitering is an illegal practice. Entering the country without documentation and INNOCULATIONS is an illegal practice. To sit around and watch these guys standing on corners, urinating behind trees, catcalling women passerbys has to be stopped. Its really an absolute non brainer and we as legal citizens must take steps to stop it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keyport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topcoat Construction Limited (TCL Associates): ... Apr 24 el3nabrown 6
Review: Affordable Computer Repair Hazlet NJ Apr 20 Dave777 2
Review: Tiffany's Vintage Closet Apr 4 anonymous 5
RT-35/36 merge GSP (Jun '13) Apr '15 Jacked 10
TLS Group Madrid, Barcelona, London: Services Mar '15 stevemorlug25 1
Topcoat Construction Limited (TCL Associates) Mar '15 gr3ygordon 5
drug dealer in keansburg Mar '15 Jacked 4
More from around the web

Keyport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE