AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2008

Judged:

I was thrilled when I drove by the 7-11 the other day and I saw the benches gone and the "No Trespassing" signs up in English and Spanish. I thought, finally, the borough of Keyport was getting with the legal program and removing the eye sore that was 30-50 day laborers standing and urinating while waiting for their illegal jobs.

Now I drive past this morning and what do I see. 33 people leaning up against the "No Trespassing" signs waiting for their illegal jobs. Such blatant disregard for the law needs quick, decisive and lasting action by the town. I'm waiting to see what happens next. You won't see me shop in that area until in clean and safe again the way it was when I moved here.
Cleon Jones

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2008

Dave77, I didn't notice the benches being taken away as of 2 days ago (Tuesday 1/29) did they remove them recently? I also think that the homeless/outpatients that wander around the business district all afternoon are a problem as well.
not right

Middletown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2008

y you pick on us hard worker you not right
Frank

New Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2008

the illegal , non-tax paying laborers should be required to stand , urinate & toss their trash in the " historic ? " matawan train station . far away from taxpaying citizens who want to patronize 7-11 but are turned off by the " element " of 40 filthy men loitering in the parking lot. let`s put all the eyesores , the laborers & the decrepit old station , in one place.
Dave77

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2008

Judged:

My last message didn't go through. I believe the benches were taken away sometime last week. I'm not sure though. I'm also not sure what prompted their removal. I am pleased about it. And so no one comments back about me being heartless towards workers let me say if landscapers and contruction guys want to pick up workers at their homes I couldn't care less. I do have a problem with the eye sore it creates as well as the public urination (Which I witnessed and was done in front of my 5 year old son). Daylaboring, loitering, public urination, illegal aliens. It just can't be allowed in this town and I will do all I can to keep the pressure on our ELECTED leaders to stop it
Dave77

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2008

Judged:

The more I see these threads and make comments the more I notice a trend toward the people of Keyport being fed up with this issue. I hope we can stand tough and rid this town of this quality of life issue once and for all. Thats why we pay TAXES and elect our officials. To do our bidding. Not the illegals. Help me make the stand necessary.
Frank

New Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2008

right on dave !
not right

Middletown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2008

u person say mean thing to my people work want work for you we help you you say we pee put jon on spot. tank yuo we help yuo
not right

Middletown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2008

ok
Dave77

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2008

Judged:

Oh and by the way English is our language here. My Great Grandfather had to learn it. My Grandfather fought for it during World War 1 and My father fought for it during World War 2. Just because weak generations of Americans let it slide doesn't mean it has to stay that way. So speak English.
not right

Middletown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2008

i speak good fro bing in this country fro 1yaer you people shuol learn our langue too i like to work and help make mony i send my father mony too u know please be nice ok
Cleon Jones

Exton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2008

The benches are gone, thats a good sign. Do you think that they were taken by the town workers, or the citizens?
Dave77

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Judged:

Well it would have been done by the town. There are no trespassing signs both in English and Spanish there. It would also have to be done with the approval of the comapany that owns the billboard. I was told last year that the area the daylaborers stand is owned by a comapany that uses the billboard. Of course no one is obeying the no trespassing warning. Like I said I drove by and saw over 30 of them standing there. Many were actually leaning against the no trespassing sign. Obviously defying the wishes of the owner or police
not right

Middletown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Judged:

i dont know why you be mean just want to make mony polic no say stop stading ther you know how i make mony to send to my family thank yoi
Dave77

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Judged:

ok Not Right. you speak the worst fake spanglish I've ever seen. But this is a serious issue for those of us who live in Keyport and all your doing is making a joke of it. Not needed really
greenman

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Judged:

non tax paying you say? i'm sorry, but tax evasion from illegal mexicans is not your problem. the biggest tax evaders are american citizens
Dave77

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Judged:

Tax paying issues are not problem. I never said they were. Allowing illegal activity to continue right in front of me is. Illegal immigrants, illegal daylaborering. public urination in front of minors, littering, abuse to female who pass by. All of these things adult tax paying, loyal, strong and respected citizens can do something about. I intend to. We must focus on the issue at hand and not stray into other areas. One thing at a time. Remember it took a long time for these problems to escalate. It will take time and patience to remedy them.
Spelunker

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

"Just because weak generations of Americans let it slide doesn't mean it has to stay that way. So speak English."

Weak generations Dave? Bigoted statement Dave. Very bigoted indeed.

From Wiki:

The United States does not have an official language, but English is spoken by about 82% of the population as a native language. Comprénde?

I know you dont want to see all of those day workers anywhere near you. Even if they do cut your lawn for cheap, cook your meals at Carrabras, diners and eateries around town, repair our home and build our roads. You can't make them go away. They will never stop coming so long as they can eat here and they cant eat back over the boarder.

What plans do you have in mind to correct the situation? I know you mentioned having them picked up at their homes in the morning. What do you think they shoud do about the English thing? Should they be fined for speaking Spanish?
not right

Middletown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Judged:

i no spanish i came here form iran why you get mad at me i no say mean ting to you rght ok
Dave77

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

Judged:

I knew someone would misinterpret my words and make a negative statement. For the record. I don't care what color you are. What nationality you are or any of that other nonsense. So much for that. Now as for English. Even though we do not have an "Official Language". English has always been our primary language. Immigrants coming here from all over the world have embraced it, learned it and respected it. Its only been the last 20 years or so that America has allowed immigrants to abuse it. We will never be able to 100% remove illegals from our nation. It just can'te done. But our borders can be secured. And with help from proper legislation, Police and Federal cooperation we can slowly remove illegals from our country. I have no problem with immigrants using their native language and being bilingual and so on. I just believe our nation has been protected for many generations and we owe it to those men and women who fought bravely for our freedom that we maintain this country and have everyone who enters respect the legacy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keyport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kids being kids ..... now even thier basketbal... Aug 25 HOOPTHIS 1
At 11: Should we offer asylum to the children c... Aug 5 Dvance13 1
Fallen Union Beach Soldiers (May '10) Jul '14 Don Shipley 2
union beach (Apr '06) Jul '14 Dan Shipley 534
RT-35/36 merge GSP (Jun '13) Jul '14 Aiden 8
What's going on in your town this weekWhat's go... Jul '14 concerned 1
Anybody out there that used to Hangout at Wetso... (Feb '13) Jul '14 Another Raitan Grad 28
•••

Rip Current Statement for Monmouth County was issued at August 28 at 4:52AM EDT

•••

Keyport News Video

•••
•••

Keyport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Keyport People Search