Shawn g

Midland, NC

#524 Mar 12, 2013
sal brunetti to shawn g wrote:
i remember bobby he was a good friend .at one time he and i were the only ones in the beach that owned harleys. i am on face book.
I haven't checked on this page in awhile. I will try & find you on Facebook as I would love to hear about my brother. I was so young when he died.
My name now is Shawn Carr just in case you get the request & wonder who it is.
Shawn g

Midland, NC

#525 Mar 25, 2013
clamdiggerlarry wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, relize these e-mails are old, but before I respond, is any one still writting, reading these?
I am clamdiggerlary! I am trying to find any old friends of my brother Bobby Gryner. I found Sal Brunetti on here & he had a lot of fond memories of he & Bobby.
Bobby's death was a big deal back in the day. It happened in May 1968. He was on his way home from his 2nd job as a bar tender at Mandy's Den and approached the jug handle at HWY 36 & Poole Ave. 3kids had stolen 2 cars from Union City,NJ and a Hazlet Cop was chasing them into the jug handle. The1st car driven by a 15yo missed Bobby but the 2nd car driven by a 17 to with a 16 yo in the car hit the back tire & knocked him off his bike. He was trying to get back on his bike when the Hazlet Cop mowed him down, cut him almost in half & kept going. The guy in the Sunoco station witnessed the whole thing & ran to my brother. He said his last words were "tell my mom I love her & my baby too". And he died.
The Hazlet police tried to hide the police car but my Dad & Uncle Hank found it in a junk/body shop and it had pieces of my brothers skin & blood all over the front grille. The man at the Sunoco station said he hit him so hard his boots flew off.
Needless to say Hazlet Police tried to deny all of it blaming it on the kids. The officer that hit my brother somehow got an arrangement & he & his family transferred to California. The kids stood trial but my mom with the help of the guy at the Sunoco station made sure they were only charged with vehicle theft & not the manslaughter that Hazlet wanted them to be charged with.

From all accounts & what I was told my brother was a great guy, a good friend someone that everyone loved.

He was much older than me by 16 years.
I just want to find some more people who knew him and can tell me about him. He was my hero, I loved him so much. When he went into the Army he got a tattoo of a Hoola Girl on his Biceps with my name underneath it & when he came home he would say "hey Shawn wanna see me make you dance"! He always did special things like that for me.

So if you could help me find anyone who knew him & can put then in touch with me I would so love it. If not that's OK I tried.
My mom & dad are dead and when my mom died my dad threw away all the newspaper articles. If you know a way I can get all those clippings (there are many ) I would love that too.

I thank you so much for this forum as I wouldn't have found Sal without it.

God bless & please keep it going!!

Shawn Gryner Carr
[email protected]
none

Hasbrouck Heights, NJ

#526 Mar 29, 2013
Natco wrote:
I remember Tim shot and killed Eric Montavo at Nato used car sales
Because Montavo was a scumbag, and got what he deserved!!
LuvUnionBeach

High Springs, FL

#527 Sep 3, 2013
Hollywood from Pensacola wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, the Wilsons were like kin to us. Jimmy Wilson hung with my brother Gary and his younger sister Carol I hung out with. Great memories. I still can't figure out who Warpath is. I put some feeler's out. I hope Jimmy Dayback remembers his nick name for you. The sister that hit that home run, is her name Michelle? I use to play softball in that field and don't exactly remember that. Was I too young to know? I'll figure it out and have fun doing it. Good night to y'all.
My name is Laura Barker I lived at 303 Johnson Ave, went to Memorial school until 7th grade when my mother moved us to Florida, My sisters all hung out in and around the area, I rememeber the tacks is where we hung out often, I was best friends with Susie Fergusons, did you know them??
jeanmarie lamb

Matawan, NJ

#528 Oct 19, 2013
I am thinking u didntean anything offensive but Bobby Lamb was my father and i would appreciate if u disnt writw things on the internet about him hanging himself. It wasnt at the beach front either.. its rude and disrespectf to his family. Especially bc if he never fought in Vietnam it most likely wouldn't have happened. Please refrain from mentioning my father unless its positive and statws what a great man he was. Thank u very much.
clamdiggerlarry wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, this is getting weird. OK, what's your brother name Ray? Gene and Bobby Parsells lived across the street from me, and acutally hung out with Gene before Bobby, even though Gene was older. My mom died when I was young,about the same time George and Gallops lost their mom, and the Parsells practically raised me, as well as always having a meal when needed at the McGrogans or Aggie and Mandy Gallopo's.(they're related, the wives are Lavigny sisters. That's how bobby hooked up with Lydia and married her. Just talked at Xmas to their daughter Jennifer.
Toodles

West Palm Beach, FL

#529 Oct 20, 2013
jeanmarie lamb wrote:
I am thinking u didntean anything offensive but Bobby Lamb was my father and i would appreciate if u disnt writw things on the internet about him hanging himself. It wasnt at the beach front either.. its rude and disrespectf to his family. Especially bc if he never fought in Vietnam it most likely wouldn't have happened. Please refrain from mentioning my father unless its positive and statws what a great man he was. Thank u very much. <quoted text>
Clamdiggery was not talking about Bobby Lamb. The name Lamb was not even mentioned in the post you refer to. It's rude and disrespectful to accuse someone of saying something they clearly did not say, at least not within the post you responded to. I went to grade school with Bobby Lamb, and now that you mention it I recall hearing that he comitted suicide in the gruesome way you mention. Very sad indeed! How old were you when this tragedy happened? More Vietnam vets committed suicide after returning home than were killed on battlefields.
LuvUnionBeach

Lexington, KY

#530 Nov 7, 2013
Spent my childhood in Union Beach, My sisters were teen agers there in the late 60's. Jackie, Christine Barker, My brother Paul my middle sister Jean and myself. We hung out with the Fergusons who lived around the corner. Wondering if anyone knows what ever happened to Susie Ferguson? She was my childhood best friend.
Art Thomson

Stratford, CT

#531 Jan 4, 2014
Hello Larry,
My name is Art back in the early 70s I had a musical group called "The Chordials" we went to work for Henny and Bert and stayed for over 2 years. We played every Fri and Sat night and Sunday afternoon Jam sessions. When we first started the place we strictly a shot an beer joint but slowly with the type of music we played the place turned around and couples started coming back. Kenny the son worked for WABC NY in the lighting Department. He built a stage behind the bar with colored lighting under each clear tile. We played organ, piano, bass. trumpet, trombone and drums I was the drummer. There were just three of us and we doubled on instruments. We left after 2 1/2 years and went down to the Stowaway Inn at the bridge right next to the Alpine Manor that burnt down. I have many fine memories of Union Beach and the Cambridge Inn. What ever happened to the son Kenny? Anyone know.
Babs Spafford

Hollywood, FL

#533 May 20, 2014
My mom was Angie Gallopo my dad was Frank Spafford. My grad parents Lydia and Joe Gallopo owned the Esso station from the early 1930s till my grandfather passed in 1962? I still till today miss them.I spent a lot of time in the gas station with my grandfather.( I was just a little bit spoiled ) They were he best, and all the U.B people hung out there. I miss U.B so much. Unfortunately I followed my parents to Fl. BIG mistake, when you are born and raised in a great place like New Jersey, nothing meets up to it. if the taxes weren't so high I would have been back many years ago. But I remember the barn behind my grandparents home, when my mom was younger she was a trick rider and she bred collies and showed them. Clayton was great friends with my family. Sooo many fantastic memory's.
ShawnG

Tucker, GA

#535 May 22, 2014
Carol Wilson Flynn searching for old UB friends that knew her brother Dickie Wilson
ShawnG

Tucker, GA

#536 May 22, 2014
Hi Carol Wilson
Union Beach History Buff

Hackettstown, NJ

#537 Jun 10, 2014
Shawn G here is an article about your brother that was killed from 5/23/68. Please give the file time to load....it takes awhile:

http://209.212.22.88/data/rbr/ 1960-1969/1968/1968.05.23.pdf
Shawn G

Ardsley, NY

#538 Jun 12, 2014
Union Beach History Buff wrote:
Shawn G here is an article about your brother that was killed from 5/23/68. Please give the file time to load....it takes awhile:
http://209.212.22.88/data/rbr/ 1960-1969/1968/1968.05.23.pdf
Thank you so much who ever sent this article. My parents are gone and they lost all the news paper clippings of his accident.
Thank you, thank you !!
Shawn
Dan Shipley

Gilbert, AZ

#539 Jul 19, 2014
No Commander Chris Taylor, shows up in any data base for NSW, I called The Naval Special Warfare Center and no CDR. Chris Taylor, but there is a guy in Tombstone Arizona who runs around saying he was a SEAL and the great great great grandson of Virgil Earp who's name is Chris Taylor, who also claims he was a fire fighter from Union Beach NJ. Coincidence I think not Sam D let me guess your real name is Chris Taylor.

Plus how is he commenting on Topix if he is supposed to be dead
Sasha

Union, NJ

#540 Dec 17, 2014
Ok shot in the dark! My name is Sasha I was born in 1972 my mothers name was patty. She passed away last year and I found out apparently I had a biological father in Union beach. My aunt Glenda hall I belive lived on bayview? And so apparently did he he had a brother as well apparently on had dark hair and the othe blond! If anyone knows any information pkease let me know. I'm also sick and it's genetic I need info for medical reasons ASAP thank you.
UB4LIFE

Middletown, NJ

#541 Jan 8, 2015
Natco wrote:
Anyone remember the Sabo's from Union Beach?
Yes I remember pete sabo, he married fran lainge who divorced her husband to be with pete.
UB4LIFE

Middletown, NJ

#542 Jan 8, 2015
LuvUnionBeach wrote:
<quoted text>
My name is Laura Barker I lived at 303 Johnson Ave, went to Memorial school until 7th grade when my mother moved us to Florida, My sisters all hung out in and around the area, I rememeber the tacks is where we hung out often, I was best friends with Susie Fergusons, did you know them??
I LIVED ON BRANCH ST, SUE IS ON FACEBOOK
Susan Ferguson Johnson
https://www.facebook.com/susan.fergusonjohnso...
UB4LIFE

Middletown, NJ

#543 Jan 8, 2015
LuvUnionBeach wrote:
Spent my childhood in Union Beach, My sisters were teen agers there in the late 60's. Jackie, Christine Barker, My brother Paul my middle sister Jean and myself. We hung out with the Fergusons who lived around the corner. Wondering if anyone knows what ever happened to Susie Ferguson? She was my childhood best friend.
SHE IS ON FACEBOOK, HERE IS THE LINK.
https://www.facebook.com/susan.fergusonjohnso...
UB4LIFE

Middletown, NJ

#544 Jan 8, 2015
Sasha wrote:
Ok shot in the dark! My name is Sasha I was born in 1972 my mothers name was patty. She passed away last year and I found out apparently I had a biological father in Union beach. My aunt Glenda hall I belive lived on bayview? And so apparently did he he had a brother as well apparently on had dark hair and the othe blond! If anyone knows any information pkease let me know. I'm also sick and it's genetic I need info for medical reasons ASAP thank you.
WHAT WAS YOUR FATHERS LAST NAME DO YOU KNOW? I HAD RELITIVES NAMED HALL THAT LIVED ON SHORE ROAD. MY MOM AND DAD ARE BOTH PASSED BUT THEY LIVED ON BAYVIEW, BUT NO HALLS ON THEIR SIDE OF IT. ALSO THERE IS 3 PARTS OF BAYVIEW AND THE DO NOT CONNECT.
Dennis in Dallas

Plano, TX

#545 Aug 11, 2015
Irishmon wrote:
<quoted text>
We called it the Greasey Spoon. Went there after the Strand Movies waiting for the Marathon Bus to take us home for $.15 and buy firecrackers when I was a kid.
It was called the "cup and saucer", it was run by a man name tony. Tony lived in Cliffwood behind Dick's Garage. Tony was still there in the early 80's. Me and my wife used to have breakfast there all the time. I think tony was a bookie also. He always knew the number, kept a cigar box under the counter with cash in it. I saw him pay out money to several people. Tony made a great cup of coffee. The ceramic lamps in the booths were made in occupied Japan (he used to always tell us that) His catch phase expression (which me and my wife still use) was "lordy, lordy, what are you gonna do, better days are coming" I remember in the early 70's me and my friends went there a couple of time to play pool. Tony was there then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keyport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Busting the seams Oct 27 Taco king 1
red oak grill Oct '17 owner for two years 1
Review: Foley & Assoc - Peter Foley CPA (Jun '10) Oct '17 Jude 3
x firechief is a racist Oct '17 kelly g 1
News Here are the best places to live in New Jersey Oct '17 kelly g 2
News Before start of trial, Menendez says, 'I will b... Sep '17 Anybody Anywhere 11
Keensburg in my early years (Feb '07) Sep '17 Bluesy51 73

Keyport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keyport Mortgages