First Prev
of 14
Next Last
BDJ

Atlantic Highlands, NJ

#270 Oct 5, 2009
PTI wrote:
Can't agree more, now they have cops stealing because they live beyond there means.
There are bad apples in every basket he was caught and his fate is in the hands of the court. don' t paint all the police with a broad brush
Jack

Brooklyn, NY

#271 Oct 5, 2009
What is wrong with you people. I read these posts and realize we have bigger problems than our police departments. Uneducated people making comments, false accusations, and others just looking to stir the pot. Use your energy to help better things, not make them worse! Btw...do you really believe that cops have been driving up your taxes? Enter the real world where sports players are making in the millions and demanding new arenas, these clowns on wall st. and big corporations who are making tons of money with no one to answer to, and the politicians who are also making a pretty penny...your worried about the police salaries upping taxes - open your eyes! One more thing, ask the 4 officers in Lakewood about putting their lives on the line...maybe the one who was shot in the face will be able to tell you his story one day...hopefully!
jake

Woodbury, NJ

#272 Oct 5, 2009
I have respect for those 4 officers and wish them well, not harm.

Poice are raising our taxes through the roof!! The average salary in NJ is in the low 30K range. Cops are close to 100K in salary alone, never mind benefits, guaranteed raises and unheard of job security.

Try and defend that to everyday people.
Jack

Brooklyn, NY

#273 Oct 6, 2009
No one said you meant them harm, however, what happened in Lakewood could happen in any Mon. Cty. town. Do they have your respect because they got shot? Now they are worth their money? How many people go to work and wear a bullet proof vest everyday? How many have to keep in the back of their head to not become complacent in their everday work, as it may cost them their life Yes, every police officer, fireman, and EMT knows that the job has it's risks and no one foreces them to take the job. However, that is why these occupations should get paid well. These people go to work everyday and have somewhere in their head that there is a chance that they may not go home that night. The odds are against it...but you never know. How many other jobs cause you to think like that? And for job security... yeah, maybe when you have a good amount of time on. Townships all over the state are talking layoffs. Freehold just spared their officers by laying off their dispatchers and using a county system. Others are following suit in order to save officers jobs. It's not as safe as you may think. When you drive around Holmdel, Colts Neck, Rumson, or along 36 down by the shore, do you really think it's cops who own these houses? What are these people doing? What kind of salary are they earning? Certainly more than police, fire, and EMS. Granted, more power to them, but in some way or another, I am sure you and I are paying for those houses in a round about way. Lastly, we shouldn't have to defend the salary of our emergency service personnel to the everday people as when the poop hits the fan the everday people go the other way as your police, fire, and ems are going straight towards it. It should be seen as once something happens that we feel they earned their pay... it's the fact that they are there ready to act that earns them the pay they receive.
BDJ

Atlantic Highlands, NJ

#274 Oct 6, 2009
jake wrote:
I have respect for those 4 officers and wish them well, not harm.
Poice are raising our taxes through the roof!! The average salary in NJ is in the low 30K range. Cops are close to 100K in salary alone, never mind benefits, guaranteed raises and unheard of job security.
Try and defend that to everyday people.
The Police Officers in NJ are highly trained and the the majority have a degree. They work the same amount of hours a year as everyone else. They run toward danger as others are running away.They work 24-7 weekends holidays and have to miss many family functions because they have a duty to the people they took a oath to protect. Remember 911 and all the other fallen officers who have laid down there life to protect you.
Don't judge someone or what they do until you have walked in there shoes.
PTI

Woodbury, NJ

#275 Oct 6, 2009
Cry me a river. Who is judging the cops that take what they want (like PBA funds)!!
bigred65

Sea Girt, NJ

#276 Oct 7, 2009
BDJ wrote:
<quoted text>
The Police Officers in NJ are highly trained and the the majority have a degree. They work the same amount of hours a year as everyone else. They run toward danger as others are running away.They work 24-7 weekends holidays and have to miss many family functions because they have a duty to the people they took a oath to protect. Remember 911 and all the other fallen officers who have laid down there life to protect you.
Don't judge someone or what they do until you have walked in there shoes.
best words said yet,and so so true.and until you can walk in there shoes, than its best to keep quiet.
PTI

Woodbury, NJ

#277 Oct 7, 2009
Why is it when a cop gets arrested it is ok? Then the cops come out with how hard their job is and how dangerous it is. And rightful so it does get dangerous, but what make it alright to steal, do cocaine, take care of tickets and the other as they say are perks of the job. How many got in trouble in Hazlet and never heard about, like running with woment on duty and doing cocaine, stealing not the first time this happen. So go walk in our shoes. Over half of HPD are sloppy and very heavy for doing what they call a job. And also drinking on duty!!

So blow me with your bullshit!!!!!
jake

Woodbury, NJ

#278 Oct 9, 2009
Jack, you are being reasonable here. But there is still no justification for these kind of salaries. I spoke with a friend who person who deals with the police union for a town. Just two guys talking mind you. He told that these salaries are not sustainable and still the PBA is not flexible in the least. He said lately that the economy is going to change that.

Colmar, PA

#279 Oct 9, 2009
bigred65

Woodbury, NJ

#280 Oct 18, 2009
Now what does everyone think???
fua

Belford, NJ

#281 Oct 23, 2009
Hey you are all social misfits. Nothing better to do than sit on a computer and bitch. Get a life go out and donate some time to a charitable organization. you are some tired dudes
IMA

Keyport, NJ

#282 Oct 23, 2009
fua wrote:
Hey you are all social misfits. Nothing better to do than sit on a computer and bitch. Get a life go out and donate some time to a charitable organization. you are some tired dudes
Get a griggin life you idiot...just because you change screen names...you think we don't know who you are.
never_forget

Cape Coral, FL

#283 Jun 8, 2011
It is really ashame what is going on there and I am truly grateful I am no longer subject to the adolph syndrome** I am sorry for many officers in what they have been subjected to some are gone and some have returned I for one would never be welcomed or return if I was** I am not an officer
that makes no difference... I spent many years with the department* many I helped train have gone on to a new and greater life**Im sure some out there will know who I am... I am also sorry for leading you all into a true lie** but it helped those who where in my life at that time...I have gone through something I thought I would not survive but, as it stands I have...All the best to Hazlet Police Officers****
Who Cares

Hazlet, NJ

#284 Jun 11, 2011
never_forget wrote:
It is really ashame what is going on there and I am truly grateful I am no longer subject to the adolph syndrome** I am sorry for many officers in what they have been subjected to some are gone and some have returned I for one would never be welcomed or return if I was** I am not an officer
that makes no difference... I spent many years with the department* many I helped train have gone on to a new and greater life**Im sure some out there will know who I am... I am also sorry for leading you all into a true lie** but it helped those who where in my life at that time...I have gone through something I thought I would not survive but, as it stands I have...All the best to Hazlet Police Officers****
What the real crime is, the many lives that administration ruined. Jim Broderick, Bob Mulligan, Jay Fetherston, Serpico...too many to list. They should all be behind bars for the things they did and got away with. Its sad that these are the people that are supposed to protect you from the criminals, and they are no better.
Who

Washington, NJ

#285 Aug 4, 2011
Hey Stevie the heat get to your brain........what the f with you out of words
never_forget

Cape Coral, FL

#286 Sep 7, 2011
no back bone left**
Just Me

Hazlet, NJ

#287 Apr 22, 2013
ooo-Hazlet and Freehold wrote:
All of you in trouble Hazlet (especially), just remember Prevost. That f-ing scum bag, nothing at all happened to that piece of shit. Now, the town is allowing him to apply for his pension. Did all of you know that during all these past years, the town allowed Prevost to have medical benefits? What a crock! So don't worry. Don't any of you worry. Hazlet has no balls!!
You all realize that this Prevost was set up, and the actual thief was non other than Danny Lynch, I never dealt with Prevost personally but know people who did, they all say we was a good cop, sad what they did to him and his family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keyport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Officials help break ground for new $51 million... Fri the taxpayers 2
union beach (Apr '06) Dec 17 Sasha 535
keansburg cops are joke Dec 7 mark 2
I'm trying to contact Ron Henry Morel Nov 27 Frank Gannucci 3
Mens softball league? (Jun '09) Nov 26 Algrea 11
Keensburg in my early years (Feb '07) Nov 21 Cathy Keansburg 60
No excuse for inaction on emissions Nov '14 kristywalls 1

Keyport News Video

Keyport Dating
Find my Match