Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
35,581 - 35,600 of 48,870 Comments Last updated 14 min ago

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Your personal prejudice. Not a statement of fact.
No, it is simply based on Matthew 19 and the historical consensus of Christianity.

As to Regnerus, we have been over this, I've posted Slate articles exposing the duplicity of lesbian studies, and the Dr. Marks comparison of those studies with legitimate survey methods.

What is highly ironic is a gay defending lesbian studies. Go get your own!

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is simply based on Matthew 19 and the historical consensus of Christianity.
As to Regnerus, we have been over this, I've posted Slate articles exposing the duplicity of lesbian studies, and the Dr. Marks comparison of those studies with legitimate survey methods.
What is highly ironic is a gay defending lesbian studies. Go get your own!
Lesbians are gay women.

Over 30 years of research has shown the deteriming variable is the relationship between the parent and child, not the gender of the parent.

Again, the American Sociological Associan rejects the Regnerus study and explains why it is bogus.

Your prejudice still fails to provide a legitimate excuse for denial of equal treatment of the marriages of same sex couples.
beers

Oswego, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>Illogical. Many are Christians. Many Christian congregations celebrate same sex marriage.

Are you forgetting that many of other faiths get married too? Marriage does not belong to any one religion. Each religion may have their own additional requirements and rituals, but marriage is a fundamental right of all persons.

Why do those like you so vehemently scream it must not be marriage?

You are free to determine what your marriage means to you. You are not free to impose your personal beliefs on everyone else. Marriage is a fundamental right, and each couple is free to determine what it means to them.

Planned Parenthood of Southeastern Pennsylvania v. Casey, 505 U.S. 833, 851 (1992):“These matters, involving the most intimate and personal choices a person may make in a lifetime, choices central to personal dignity and autonomy, are central to the liberty protected by the Fourteenth Amendment. At the heart of liberty is the right to define one’s own concept of existence, of meaning, of the universe, and of the mystery of human life.”
Nope. Bible clearly states one man one woman. It's a Christian belief. How one church or another choose to define it is regardless. The bible what all Christians believe in being the true word of god clearly states what marriage is. It is their choice to redefine gods words. Just as it is for them to reap what they sow.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Lesbians are gay women.
Over 30 years of research has shown the deteriming variable is the relationship between the parent and child, not the gender of the parent.
Again, the American Sociological Associan rejects the Regnerus study and explains why it is bogus.
Your prejudice still fails to provide a legitimate excuse for denial of equal treatment of the marriages of same sex couples.
Most often gay refers to male homosexuals.

Never the less, the studies are about lesbian couples.

Interesting huh?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Those churches are apostate.
However, based on science, ss marriage is an oxymoron.
Opinion, and opinion.

At any rate, my prostate is none of your damned business.

Troll on, Hunty

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

beers wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Bible clearly states one man one woman. It's a Christian belief. How one church or another choose to define it is regardless. The bible what all Christians believe in being the true word of god clearly states what marriage is. It is their choice to redefine gods words. Just as it is for them to reap what they sow.
The bible provides 8 types of marriage. Your ignoring the other 7 doesn't change that.

Nor does it provide an excuse for making all persons of all faiths as well as those of none at all, adhere to your religious beliefs. You are free to apply any additional restrictions on marriage you choose in your own church. You may not impose your religious restrictions on those of other religions or none at all.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Most often gay refers to male homosexuals.
Never the less, the studies are about lesbian couples.
Interesting huh?
For you perhaps, but to most gay women and men, as well as to social scientists, "gay woman" and "lesbian" are interchangeable. Some prefer one term while others prefer the other term.

Most same sex parent studies have looked at gay women because they have been able to be more open about living together and raising children. Yet some studies have looked at gay men as well as gay women, and found what we already know: the determining variable is the relationship between parent and child, not the gender of the parent.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible provides 8 types of marriage. Your ignoring the other 7 doesn't change that.
Nor does it provide an excuse for making all persons of all faiths as well as those of none at all, adhere to your religious beliefs. You are free to apply any additional restrictions on marriage you choose in your own church. You may not impose your religious restrictions on those of other religions or none at all.
No, it is consistent. One man and one woman.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is consistent. One man and one woman.
Wrong. For someone who claims to have studied the bible, you should know there are 8 types found there.
Dusty Vagina

Paris, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

My Prostate like my head is so far up my ass you couldn't get a tow truck to pull it out. Now as to lesbian couples I think about them when I have sex with MY WIFE a real woman.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. For someone who claims to have studied the bible, you should know there are 8 types found there.
You have GOT to get off those gay twirl sites!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Vagina wrote:
My Prostate like my head is so far up my ass you couldn't get a tow truck to pull it out. Now as to lesbian couples I think about them when I have sex with MY WIFE a real woman.
The inflatable sex doll that you ordered from Adamandeve.com is not a real woman. Why is your head up your ass? You must be very flexible.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You have GOT to get off those gay twirl sites!
Plenty of documentation, including the Bible.

Yet irrelevant, as the bible is not the source of our laws.

We have a constitution that requires equal treatment for all persons.(Of course, the same requirement of equal treatment can also be found in the bible as well as in all other major religious and even non-religious ethical belief systems.)

You may attach any meaning to your own marriage you choose, based on any religious text, tradition, or none at all. You may not use your religious beliefs to impose your personal requirements on all others. They are also free to attach their own personal meanings and restrictions on their own marriages.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Plenty of documentation, including the Bible.
We have a constitution that requires equal treatment for all persons.(Of course, the same requirement of equal treatment can also be found in the bible as well as in all other major religious and even non-religious ethical belief systems.)
You may attach any meaning to your own marriage you choose, based on any religious text, tradition, or none at all. You may not use your religious beliefs to impose your personal requirements on all others. They are also free to attach their own personal meanings and restrictions on their own marriages.
I don't use the Bible to expose the duplicity of a fake relationship being imposed on marriage.

The Bible gives ONE expression of God intended marriage. It is found at the very beginning, and confirmed by Jesus in Matthew 19.
beers

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>Plenty of documentation, including the Bible.

Actually the bible is the source of pretty much all our laws. You may choose to ignore that, but it doesn't change the original laws of this country.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

mahz wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage has existed for thousands of years before your little book of BS stories. It exists outside of your religion. Neither do we live in Christian nation. What your book of fairy tales says has no bearing on what the government does. Sorry, try again.
Oh shut up you idiot.

I was answering a question.

Moreover, I said in my response I don't use the Bible.

Damn you are one dumb dope!

At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint of evolutionary mating behavior.

Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior.

Ss marriage is an oxymoron.
Allah

Paris, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

mahz wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage has existed for thousands of years before your little book of BS stories. It exists outside of your religion. Neither do we live in Christian nation. What your book of fairy tales says has no bearing on what the government does. Sorry, try again.
Well dumbass no soup for you or virgins either so you better hope they close Gitmo be seeing you soon there butt boy.
brown eyed skid mark

Danville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

defective is what it is
beers

Oswego, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

mahz wrote:
<quoted text>Marriage has existed for thousands of years before your little book of BS stories. It exists outside of your religion. Neither do we live in Christian nation. What your book of fairy tales says has no bearing on what the government does. Sorry, try again.
Marriage began only in the bible. What I believe to be the living word of God. Many (not all) of the founding fathers believed this as well. To say this is not a Christian Nation is, well silly. The bible has and still does have a great implication on this country. And for it to carry forward, in prosperity it should listen carefully. You may perceive it as "fairy tales" but if you listen to your heart and look about yourself and the world you live in you will find more truth than the man made laws that exist today.
cubeshaker

Romeoville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

beers wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the bible is the source of pretty much all our laws. You may choose to ignore that, but it doesn't change the original laws of this country.
Really... lets look at that...
The Bible and the bill of rights ( basis for our laws) differ substanially....
Thou shalt have no other god... vs freedome of religion
lords name in vain... vs freedom of speech
Ya we based our laws on the bible... right

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Keyesport Discussions

Search the Keyesport Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 2 hr KrisChristie 1,856
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 17 hr nuguyntwn 3,827
Coupons help make farmers markets more affordab... Jul 16 Richard Rollo 12
IL Who do you support for Attorney General in Illi... (Oct '10) Jul 16 rdarbin 641
Popeye's Chop House: Take a drive to rustic St.... (Jun '07) Jul 11 Hoosierdaddy 40
Brad Trent (Nov '13) Jul 8 get f--ked 2
Robyn Oko (Jan '14) Jul 8 get real 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Keyesport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Keyesport People Search