Josh Hanson

United States

#22 Oct 14, 2010
I've seen a few comments criticizing my campaign for lacking details about what changes I will make as Secretary of State. Unfortunately, the sad reality is that the Secretary of State is an administrator who does not have the authority to make many of the changes he would like to see. Instead, the job of the Secretary of State is to carry out the laws passed by the state legislature. So in that regard, you are correct, there are not many details on my website. The difference is that, unlike my opponents, I will not pretend that I will do something that I have no authority to do.

That said, you can see that I am a supporter of limited government by reading my blog posts and Twitter updates.

Thanks,
Josh Hanson
Libertarian candidate for Illinois Secretary of State
Josh Hanson

United States

#23 Oct 14, 2010
To give you a better idea, you can see more specifics of my political positions on the candidate surveys I have submitted to a few newspapers.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/elections/questi...

http://elections.chicagotribune.com/editorial...
Mystery Man

Mount Prospect, IL

#24 Oct 14, 2010
Josh Hanson wrote:
I've seen a few comments criticizing my campaign for lacking details about what changes I will make as Secretary of State. Unfortunately, the sad reality is that the Secretary of State is an administrator who does not have the authority to make many of the changes he would like to see. Instead, the job of the Secretary of State is to carry out the laws passed by the state legislature. So in that regard, you are correct, there are not many details on my website. The difference is that, unlike my opponents, I will not pretend that I will do something that I have no authority to do.
That said, you can see that I am a supporter of limited government by reading my blog posts and Twitter updates.
Thanks,
Josh Hanson
Libertarian candidate for Illinois Secretary of State
You're probably not the real Josh Hanson but that's ok its the issues that matter.
I disagree ( and lets us both be respectful here there is way too much profanity lately )with you saying the SOS lacks authority to make changes. Under White i've sen a number of changes. Touch screens, rules on teenage drivers, better system to move people through the line.
I've also noted some things that didn't change. The eye test machine is outdated and a piece of junk. I wear glasses and its hard to fit that machine securely in place with glasses.
I looked at your two links and saw you duck a few questions.
Would like to see the answers to those.
And i was bothered by this part of an answer ( i admit its out of context )

, but I do not believe that individuals need to ask permission from their politicians in order to operate a vehicle.
unquote

the question was related to what age a teen should start driving.
My daughter started at 15 1/2 i believe its now 16 ?
anyway its a fair question. Can you be more specific with your answer especially in relationship to the quote ?
Mystery Man

Mount Prospect, IL

#25 Oct 14, 2010
LOL please note the profanity comment was in parenthesis .
I did NOT intend to make it look like SOS comment was connected with profanity.

There should have been a space between the ) and WITH

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#26 Oct 14, 2010
'none of the above' the price of registrations is through the roof and title transferes have quadroupled with this puppet at the helm and the exstortion of taxing older vehicles is on the verge of criminal big trucks register out of state for a reason he has got to go.But he will stay has to be a part of the chicago dem mob to be in that office.And yes i did vote for him last time

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#27 Oct 14, 2010
Jessie White is all right, and his Tumblers are the best!
Evening Star

New York, NY

#28 Oct 14, 2010
vote
Jester

Fort Wayne, IN

#29 Oct 14, 2010
Evening Star wrote:
vote
Evening Star, bend over and take it like the retarded buttwhore you are.
Josh Hanson

Naperville, IL

#30 Oct 14, 2010
Believe it or not, I'm really Josh Hanson. I'm a third party candidate, which means I'm a regular guy, with a regular full-time job, and have to campaign in the evenings and weekends when I don't have other responsibilities getting in the way. I didn't seek out this campaign; the Libertarian Party asked me to put my name on the ballot and I told them that I would step up to the plate, as Illinois requires third parties to have candidates for every office or else they can't have any.

Some of the changes that 'Mystery Man' mentioned (like the changes for teenage drivers) were changed by the legislature as I mentioned, not by Jesse White. For others, I'm willing to admit that as an outsider, there are some things that I'd have to look into before knowing exactly what to do about them. For example, I was unaware of the issue with the eye test machine, and wouldn't have known unless I'm either elected or concerned citizens inform me of it.

As for the question about what age teens should start driving, my answer is based on the idea that libertarians believe that anything peaceful (like the mere act of driving a car) should be legal and should not be subject to government permission. Obviously, there can be a danger there, so I do support stronger penalties for reckless driving, which I believe would help to cut down on accidents and fatalities just as effectively as a lowest-common-denominator government test. Additionally, there's no reason that the private sector (insurance companies) would not offer a test to determine how much coverage an individual should receive. Someone who cannot pass the insurance company's test would receive little to no coverage, and would be fully responsible for any damage they cause, a far cry from the way things are now. Long story short, I think that parents are the best judges of when their teens can handle learning to drive (just as many of our grandparents learned to drive from their parents).
chester from chester

Waterloo, IL

#31 Oct 14, 2010
democrate
Mystery Man

Naperville, IL

#32 Oct 15, 2010
Josh Hanson wrote:
Believe it or not, I'm really Josh Hanson. As for the question about what age teens should start driving, my answer is based on the idea that libertarians believe that anything peaceful (like the mere act of driving a car) should be legal and should not be subject to government permission. Obviously, there can be a danger there, so I do support stronger penalties for reckless driving, which I believe would help to cut down on accidents and fatalities just as effectively as a lowest-common-denominator government test. Additionally, there's no reason that the private sector (insurance companies) would not offer a test to determine how much coverage an individual should receive. Someone who cannot pass the insurance company's test would receive little to no coverage, and would be fully responsible for any damage they cause, a far cry from the way things are now. Long story short, I think that parents are the best judges of when their teens can handle learning to drive (just as many of our grandparents learned to drive from their parents).
That is something i cannot accept.
If you were running for senator or controller maybe. But as SOS ?
Thinking ALL parents should determine the fitness of their child to drive ?
The laws we have in place restricting teenage drivers are good laws. Designed to keep everyone as safe as possible. For example limiting the number of teens in a car when a teen is the driver. If you ever saw the distraction going on in a car full of kids you'll understand. I've driven my daughter and friends around and felt the limit should apply to me as well.
I do believe in parents rights to raise a child. I'm very bothered by schools trying to raise our kids. By telling them how to dress, what to eat, what gender they can take to a prom dance, etc.
But driving is different. Other lives are at risk on the roads.
I want the kids driving to be the best they can be. For that you need professionals teaching them and laws designed to protect them.
Parents alone can't do that.
Chuck

Sun City, CA

#33 Oct 15, 2010
No more career politicians!!!!!!!!!!
Betty

New Lenox, IL

#34 Oct 15, 2010
Anybody but Jesse. Tired of the high fees.
Filthy Rich

United States

#37 Oct 15, 2010
hanson
user

Mattoon, IL

#38 Oct 15, 2010
I heard a car dealer say that Jesse's admin raised their fees from $50 to $1000 with hardly no warning, and now we are paying more for titles, licensing concepts, etc. But, that goes along with all the other upper state management I guess. They all are influenced by the Crook Co regime. So, whatayado? From what I have heard, Jesse and his tumbling team have done a good job, but that does not mean that he has done the best job.

“Ask about the answer ”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#39 Oct 15, 2010
So far - nothing has shown up to prove he is corrupt like most of the incumbents.
vet

Mattoon, IL

#40 Oct 15, 2010
Vote the incumbents out of office
granny

Waterloo, IL

#41 Oct 15, 2010
I am, for the most part, a democrat. But, I hope most will be out of a job after the election.
Truth

AOL

#43 Oct 15, 2010
I'll vote for the man that has brought integrity to atleast this one office Jesse White....An impeccable record...Remember the last time we had a Republican running this office, he's in JAIL...George Ryan
Jesse

AOL

#44 Oct 15, 2010
The best man for the job! He has done an incredible job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keyesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Katelyn Taylor 4 hr people 5
Bobby's Garage Sep 30 Happy 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Sep 29 LOL at Gomer Pyle 78
amanda wheat fulford Aug '14 wow 3
Coupons help make farmers markets more affordab... Aug '14 Disgusted 10
Greenville Aug '14 Slip Insider 4
Waynes Market (May '09) Aug '14 Fu dude 12
Keyesport Dating
Find my Match

Keyesport Jobs

Keyesport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Keyesport News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Keyesport

Personal Finance