Smoking in bars in clinton county

Smoking in bars in clinton county

Posted in the Keyesport Forum

Mary

Cadet, MO

#1 Apr 21, 2012
I thought there was no smoking in Illinois. Why is it that you can smoke at the bars in New Memphis but no anywhere else in Clinton County. When you go in New Memphis Station bar you can bearly breath. I was there about 30 minutes and had to change my clothes when I got home. They have no ventilation in there at all. Then we went to Sit N Bull and same thing they smoke in there too. What good is the Illinois. If you call the sheriff he refers you to the Health Department. You call the health department and they tell you to call the Hotline. You call the hotline and leave a message and they never call you back.
knowledge

United States

#2 Apr 22, 2012
It's the same way in bars/restaurants in keyesport. You can file a complaint online through the state's health department website
Kelly

Centralia, IL

#3 Apr 23, 2012
I was at New Memphis Station for breakfast and had to leave it smelled so bad in there. I don't know if it was the smoke or the grease. No matter what everyone was smoking, even at the tables while you were trying to eat. We left and went to Denny's.
Mark

Centralia, IL

#4 Apr 25, 2012
Seriously why even bother having a health department in Clinton County. Not only do they smoke in New Memphis Station their cook smokes while she is cooking. If the health department checked that place for cleanliness in their kitchen then maybe they would smell how bad it is in there. I can no longer go there to play pool on the leagues because my lungs hurt for a day or so when I leave. I'm not sure they even have a food license, they cook food out of a fry daddy.
Ex Bartender

Cadet, MO

#5 May 3, 2012
I used to work there and it effected by breathing really bad. I would have to take a shower and change my clothes as soon as got off. If I opened in the morning there would still be a haze in the bar from the night before. If you going to smoke at least have some kind of smoke eater installed.
Irritated

Cadet, MO

#6 May 29, 2012
I think it is ridiculous that the health department or the police don't enforce the no smoking law. That place is a definite health hazard to your lungs.
Barb

Centralia, IL

#7 Jun 5, 2012
I sent the State's Attorney an email about this and he never responded. I called twice and they tell me is out out. I know he is busy but the law is the law
knowledge

Belvidere, IL

#8 Jun 6, 2012
You need to contact the Department of Health. A complaint can be filed online anonymously.
Barb

Cadet, MO

#9 Jun 9, 2012
knowledge wrote:
You need to contact the Department of Health. A complaint can be filed online anonymously.
Thank you but I have done it three times and called twice. I don't think they care. I'm serious that is unhealthy in there you smell horrible when you leave. What good is the law if no one will enforce it.
knowledge

United States

#10 Jun 9, 2012
I have seen charges and fines against bars in Madison county. Not sure why Clinton county wouldn't need the money unless the bar gives them more than the fine would be.. Just sayin'
Barb

Cadet, MO

#11 Jun 29, 2012
Does Mike at the Health Department belong in that position if he won't enforce this. Please join me in calling the Clinton County Health Department to state our concerns. Otherwise lets see how to get him out of office and get someone else who will do something. Also call the Sheriff's Department and see if they can help out.
ummm

Edwardsville, IL

#12 Aug 25, 2012
well then go to another bar.
Why

Centralia, IL

#13 Sep 5, 2012
ummm wrote:
well then go to another bar.
Why should I have to, it is the law and the bar should follow it. That place is a health hazard - why would you wish it on anyone. And as a matter of fact, we did go to another bar down the road, much cleaner, not smoking, and nicer people.
Jim

Cadet, MO

#14 Sep 5, 2012
I did too, I don't go in that bar any more - just go down the road a couple of miles - nice place - no smoking - cleanest bathrooms and bar I have ever been in. Nice people there - no crap at all - just relaxing and fun. They have an awesome patio if you want to smoke. Have music and TV out there. Can even go to the window for a beer. It is so much fun. No people sitting at the bar cursing and yelling and absolutely no fighting. They also have great pizza and the best hamburgers in town. Just go across the river - you won't be disappointed.
Clinton county native

Fairview Heights, IL

#15 Oct 5, 2012
You talk about smoking being a health hazard what about all the drinking that you are doing. If you don't like it go somewhere else. Better yet stay home I don't want your uptight ass anywhere near me or any of my smoking CC friends. 90% of people that go to the bar, smoke. You are out numbered. That law is a unconstitutional law to begin with.
Kelly

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Oct 9, 2012
Why are people from MO worries about what businesses are or are not doing. If you don't like that they are supose to alow smoking and they do - GO SOME PLACE ELSE
Really

Centralia, IL

#17 Oct 10, 2012
Clinton county native wrote:
You talk about smoking being a health hazard what about all the drinking that you are doing. If you don't like it go somewhere else. Better yet stay home I don't want your uptight ass anywhere near me or any of my smoking CC friends. 90% of people that go to the bar, smoke. You are out numbered. That law is a unconstitutional law to begin with.
Just because you are from Clinton County does not exempt you from the Illinois law.
Just call

Centralia, IL

#18 Oct 16, 2012
I just called the Illinois Smoking Line for Sit N Bull - it is not right they smoke in there - you smell horrible if you stay any amount of time. They promised to go check the place

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keyesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Huey Music Thread Apr 15 RockanRollForever 2
News Farmer's Wife Pleads Guilty in Fraud Case (Nov '08) Mar '17 FreeAgain 8
News Is Illinois couple's murder tied to bankruptcy ... (Oct '08) Mar '17 WatchHim 19
Pittsburg Water Dept. Mar '17 Koda 1
The black police cruisers along I-70 (Jul '16) Feb '17 BackToTheFuture 6
hshs ceo Feb '17 ElPappi 2
News Illinois releases dates for county fairs (Jun '08) Jan '17 FairGoer 3

Keyesport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Keyesport Mortgages