Big Pine Key homeowner has gun range ...

Big Pine Key homeowner has gun range in his yard, and it's totally legal

There are 3 comments on the The Miami Herald story from Jan 27, 2014, titled Big Pine Key homeowner has gun range in his yard, and it's totally legal. In it, The Miami Herald reports that:

Doug Varrieur built a target range so he and his wife could practice. The law says that's fine - but he thinks the law should be stricter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Miami Herald.

Bob Parkins

Florence, KY

#1 Feb 15, 2014
Shooting guns in neighborhoods is dangerous, and inconsiderate and should be illegal. Laws are made because of stupid people's actions. Maybe Doug won't mind if his neighbors fire off a cannon a few times at night. It amazes me how stupid some people are. Really dumb.
Get Out

Jacksonville, NC

#2 Feb 16, 2014
A gun silencer is the way to go and takes care of being inconsiderate. Make shooting safer, build a bullet trap and backstop to stop the round.

Florida is one of the 37 states that allow unlicensed civilians to own silencers. You must still submit the ATF form 4 to buy, or the form 1 to make; as well as submit mug shots, fingerprints, form 5330.20 and a check for $200. Approval is routine and takes 1-2 months now. You do not need a license to own, buy, sell or make silencer; but you need an FFL and SOT to deal, import or manufacture as a business. You must also go through a dealer to buy a silencer from someone in another state.
Get Out

Jacksonville, NC

#4 Feb 16, 2014
Armed Dong wrote:
<quoted text>
how about a gun di-l-do? do you need a silencer for that? or should I ask your mom?
Only thing you can add is filth to the discussion? I’m sure your family is very proud of your accomplished oratory skill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Key West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
man fun Aug 14 lol 2
News Hemingway (no relation) wins look-alike contest... Jul 24 Parden Pard 2
the music thread (Apr '12) Jul 23 Musikologist 55
condo rental Jul '16 kwvisiter 1
Looking for a career in Key West Jul '16 Unfullfilled 1
ADULT ENTERTAINMENT CLUB on Duval (Jan '12) Jul '16 Ra ra 104
The Coconut Telegraph (Oct '14) Jul '16 Disgruntled Keys ... 2

Key West Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance