Finding work as a solo acoustic guita...

Finding work as a solo acoustic guitarist

Posted in the Key West Forum

Redfish

Herndon, VA

#1 Mar 12, 2014
have an opportunity to move to the lower Keys later this year (Big Pine). I am currently working as a solo acoustic guitar player /singer in Central Fl (East coast) and play all of the tourist type bars. I do visit the lower keys a couple of times a year for fishing and lobster so I have seen a lot of the musicians that play the bars down there. My question is, how hard is it going to be for me to find work as a guitar player/singer? Is there a lot of musicians living there? In my area there are a lot and not a lot of jobs so it gets pretty cut-throat.

Petal Power

“It's a New Dawn”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#2 Mar 16, 2014
Fooooo-Foooooo by Santana!!

GO FOR IT!!
wanna move too

Toledo, OH

#3 Apr 21, 2014
I would continue vacationing in the Keys making a point to stop into potential gigs, meet the managers, maybe even try to set up gigs on your vacation...build that relationship before you make your move..I am not living in KW but from whatresearch I have found, the cost of living is incredibly expensive and you may need 2 or3 jobs or 3 or 4 room mates to get by...have you looked into playing for cruise ships? I have a friend who teaches Yoga on cruise ships. They provide room and board and she goes from on paradise to the next

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Key West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
man fun Aug 14 lol 2
News Hemingway (no relation) wins look-alike contest... Jul '16 Parden Pard 2
the music thread (Apr '12) Jul '16 Musikologist 55
condo rental Jul '16 kwvisiter 1
Looking for a career in Key West Jul '16 Unfullfilled 1
ADULT ENTERTAINMENT CLUB on Duval (Jan '12) Jul '16 Ra ra 104
The Coconut Telegraph (Oct '14) Jul '16 Disgruntled Keys ... 2

Key West Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance